• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Intro from NE Ohio Yamaha Owner

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks J-rad. Flag is ordered!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks J-rad. Flag is ordered!
Make sure you get a floating keychain, too!! Lol

(I’ve been meaning to send out a reminder on those anyway). :)

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@WildCatFan54 Nice boat! I really like the suede gray in our boat, very classy IMO!

Just looked back at the order and what I got was the “Chrome Emblem 16 Pcs.” The 3” tall all chrom raised one. I see they only have an 18 letter option now, but it’s the same price as what I paid for 16🤷‍♂️

Either way, they came mounted to a clear front facer pre-spaced and aligned, very easy to install. Ignore the reviews that say they fall off, those are the people that didn’t remove their wax coating before mounting.

Here’s a closer photo from when I put them on:

I see you’re from KY, what’s your home lake? We want to get down to lake Cumberland next season.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks , looks marvelous. I'm also looking at carbon fibre black with chrome outline but either would be an improvement from the white stick -ons installed by the dealer. I keep the boat at State Dock ( Jamestown) on Lake Cumberland. Covered wet slip with lift so it stays there year round. Give me some advance notice next season before your trip and we will try to hook up ? Keep enjoying that beautiful boat !

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Please consider trashing that bow roller and going with the Stoltz combo since it seems you trailer frequently ? Many members , including me on my previous Yammi, noticed lots of gelcoat scuffs and scratches around the roller. The Stoltz is a much softer , polyurethane material , as compared to that hard plastic that Shorelander / Yamaha use as OE. You will be doing yourself a BIG favor. I went with the 3.5" roller and bells from day one on my 2019.

Last edited:

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Will definitely drop you a line, looking forward to meeting up with fellow jetboaters next season.

Appreciate the tip. Boat is on and off the trailer at least twice a week. I’ve read the forums on Stoltz and will definitely be making the upgrade soon, along with adding a speaker at the helm like so many others have. For some reason the wife doesn’t like it when I blast zone 1 just so I can hear when driving from the helm!

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha @Plpbecks welcome to the gang, and ur Yammy is a beauty. Looks like u are already building lasting memories with her too, so awesome.🤙🏽

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I see you’re from KY, what’s your home lake? We want to get down to lake Cumberland next season.
We went to Lake Cumberland in mid August this year for a week and it was fantastic! We felt as though we had the lake to ourselves. Water temp around 90 and air temp in the 90's. Lots of tubing and skiing and just hanging out. Best part was, if you got hot, you just shut down and jumped in the water wherever you were and the water super clean and clear.

We rented a place in Monticello and slipped for the week at Conley Bottom. Conley was great, but... I was a little panicked when wicked storms rolled through in the overnight. I had to drive out and check on her since this was the first time we left her out to fend for herself. :) No damage and all was well. We are planning on going back.

Cheers!

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length