• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

IS ANYONE NOT HAVING WATER/LEAK ISSUES?

Roadapple

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
After 4 weeks at the dealer to figure out where water was leaking into my center console storage area, they finally delivered my boat back to me. Previously, I have sealed the anchor storage thru hull fitting, fish box drain and the 2 center storage floor drains. The dealer installed a float type bilge in the engine compartment ( in addition to the existing bilge) and found a large (1/2”) gap at the bottom of the partion between the gas tank and storage area. After sealing this gap and testing the engine compartment for leakage, I think we’ve solved the water problem. YIPPEE!

Attachments

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I guess I'm confused. Did they find the actual source of the water? Or simply seal off the changing room to prevent the water from flowing back up?

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
They didn't fill the gap right behind the plug did they?

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The plug right in front of the partition that separates the compartment where the fuel tank is located. That recessed plug is designed to let the water from that compartment drain to the bottom of the hull.

robert cabrerea

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Since I wash down my boat after every outing I assume there will be water in the boat so I tilt the trailer after use and most will drain out. Double check the flush port it leaks while underway at high rpm. And all the other areas touched on.

Roadapple

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Are you asking about the drain plug in the engine compartment or the drain plug in the bottom of the center console storage area as shown in the picture? I sealed both of the center console storage area plugs and they are in the closed position. The dealer took the plug out of the eng8ne compartment near the gas tank and told me to keep that open at all times. This will allow any water to drain towards the two bilge pumps in the engine compartment.

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So it sounds like you're saying there is a drain plug sitting in front of the motor at the floor that allows water to drain from the front of the boat to the rear of the boat. That's pretty common but it's not common to be able to plug that drain I guess I will have to take a look at mine and see if there's one down there but that certainly makes sense that should always be open

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The back plug in the changing room under the console is designed to let water from the gas tank compartment drain to the bottom of the hull.

Roadapple

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
And where does the water in the bottom of the hull go?

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great find where did you get that schematic from??

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Someone posted it on here but I don't remember who.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The extra bilge pump in the engine compartment is always a good idea.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
You know, I left a reminder to open that drain plug in the forward wall of the engine compartment but plum forgot for the past year! Just opened it up after reading this and voila, no water came out! I'll leave it open for now.