• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

IS ANYONE NOT HAVING WATER/LEAK ISSUES?

16'FSHSport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
IS ANYONE NOT HAVING WATER/LEAK ISSUES? I am close to pulling the trigger. Actually I am suppose to pick my sport up today. I have my check in hand BUT I have yet to read where someone isn't having water issues. I have a 1959 Chris Craft 26' Sea Skiff Sport Fisherman and the FSH is suppose to be my low maintenance drop and go boat BUT everyone around here seems to be fighting issues with wet hulls. I have to admit I love the layout of the FSH but if it's wet is it worth it? I have spoken with several dealers and none of them have heard of it being an issue. So the question is are the people with problems complaining and posting while others are high and dry and quiet? It's common for people with bad experiences to complain and those with good experiences to be silent. So for those of you with water issues is it worth it and is there anyone.......and I mean anyone who has had no issues with water and leaks?

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The dealers are lying to you. The design and quality equals wet boat. It's a wet boat. Your boat you buy will be wet.... be prepared to work on making your FSH less wet....

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just buy it it's water still fun five more minutes of work cleaning hose down tilt done

16'FSHSport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That is what I feared.........a great concept with poor execution. My budget is much higher, but with 7 and 10 year old boys the FSH really hits a sweet spot design wise.........as long as we can........as long as I can NOT have to fix issues on a NEW boat. My company rebuilds industrial machines and I deal with issues all week. I don't mind issues as I am very mechanically inclined. However the reason I want to buy NEW is to NOT have to deal with issues.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The primary point of concern has been the anchor locker. You can do two things to address this 1) look at the boat when you pick it up and make sure it is sealed, 2) get a 50 cent rubber stopper and plug it.

You are correct that people with FSH that leak will search out a place to find a solution and end up here. Those that dont....wont (or they buy a rubber stopper, or seal it themselves or with the dealer).

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@16'FSHSport , there may be a 21 twin engine FSH shortly so just make sure you are set on the 19 single engine. It is speculation but not far fetched. We will know more in August

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I wouldn't mind another motor added on a little more speed and pulling power would be great.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
That is what I feared.........a great concept with poor execution. My budget is much higher, but with 7 and 10 year old boys the FSH really hits a sweet spot design wise.........as long as we can........as long as I can NOT have to fix issues on a NEW boat. My company rebuilds industrial machines and I deal with issues all week. I don't mind issues as I am very mechanically inclined. However the reason I want to buy NEW is to NOT have to deal with issues.
As a '17 FSH owner, I can also say there were issues with leaks. That being said, I'm no boat engineer, but with some easy fixes, I have a relatively dry boat now. If you'll check my previous posts and those on the FAQs, you'll see the solutions. The biggest are closing off the anchor locker leak, sealing up the plugs in the changing room, and fixing up the wet-locker panels. After that, I'm almost completely dry after a day on the water. It's truly a great boat for the price and the quality of the engine. I've carried 8 people on it and had room. The changing room with head is perfect for a family. I got the deluxe for more sun protection here in Florida.

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Couple easy fixes and done... Less than hour work and ur dry! Love my boat!

DiverScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I've had the water leakage for a while now. I went around with silicone and fixed the anchor locker thru-hull; sealed up the floor drains and pretty much every other connection and still have issues. Now, I'm thinking that I know where my leaks are coming from: compartment hatches.

When I park the boat trailer in the back yard, it's not covered. I've yet to find a properly shaped cover. Florida's torrential rains seem to completely fill the channels around the hatches with water. Because the waterproofing is so shoddy, high water is pushed over the tops of the channels and it trickles into the compartments below. The *tops* of my gear are wet, when I head out onto the water - not just the bottoms. This means that rain water is pouring in through the compartment hatches. I'm going to see if I can find some nicely profiled automotive foam weatherstripping to install around the lower hatch perimeter lips.

Oh joy.

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I sealed my rear jump-seat hatches in the spring with marine hatch weatherstipping and it finally fixed the water issues .. wash-downs and rain and I'm still dry underneath... and I also sealed (weatherstripped) the fuel access port.

Thompsbren

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've had other quality control issues I'm not happy about, but my boat is relatively dry. I do store it covered but when it is left out in the rain or washed, none of my gear gets wet and everything generally drains out on its own.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I watched water drip inside the helm from the gauges and switches during a rain one time, none of that is sealed, so if you leave your boat uncovered its getting water in that way as well.

CAT Chaser

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Slightly annoying issue. Not near as bad as we all make it out to be. But it, you'll enjoy it I am sure.

DiverScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I watched water drip inside the helm from the gauges and switches during a rain one time, none of that is sealed, so if you leave your boat uncovered its getting water in that way as well.
Especially through the holes for the horizontal rod holders and the horn/speaker grills. The T-top does manage to keep the guage cluster and console dry.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think it is a great looking boat, and you pretty much need a boat for fishing and a boat for the family, so I was thinking maybe one could pick up an FSH cheaper than expected because of the wet issue? Nope, I couldn't find any particularly good deal on them, very few used. Most are keeping them......

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine gets some water in the bilge if it rains while uncovered. Wife said it's a boat, it gets wet. Gotta love her logic sometimes. So I installed my Garmin 741xs chartplotter/sonar, New Horizon VHF radio with Shakespear fiberglass 3' antenna mounted to the side of the console with tip right at the canvas and hit the Gulf.

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah I'm not having a whole lot of water issues anymore since I did some sealing...My compartments up front are dry all the time now and my head area hardly ever gets water in it . Just take some diagnosis and tweaking .

Shelby Lowery

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Believe it or not.... I set time aside today to address the anchor drain issue and the MASSIVE livewell leak(s). First off the anchor......to my surprise the grommet was actually placed correctly and long enough to pass all the way through. Tested it and no issues.

Siliconed the hell out of the live-well and gonna see how it does tomorrow