• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is it worth it to replace the Polk PA450UM head unit?

DJ Bellin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2015 Limited S and have had to replace the remote display unit located in the swim deck three times in 5 years du to salt water corrosion and leaks in the display. I figure if have to replace my current remote unit again anyway, so I would upgrade instead of duplicating the know failure with another replacement.

I am considering replacing the whole entire unit is the remote unit to include the brains with a JL Audio Media Master 80 and JL Audio MM 40 remote unit.

Has anyone upgraded their Polk PA450UM and if so did they lose any capabilities?

Does an N2K devices still work with Connext like the stock radio did? I want to be be able to manipulate from the helm and keep all functionality regarding the interface with the

Would the Bluetooth work better with the newer technology? I primarily use my iPhone to listen to music while underway, this this is very important to me.

I already have a decent speaker and amp system with 8 JL Audio 6.5 powered by a JL 800.8 amp and two JL Audio 10 inch subs powered by a JL 600.1 amp that I installed last year. I don’t have zone control with the stock head unit, so having this as an option in a new unit would be beneficial.

So, this was rather long winded but to tie it all together, would the JL be a suitable upgrade for the money and if not do you have any other recomendations?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

DJ Bellin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks guys... it isn’t going to be covered by Yamaha YES warranty or “good will” by ASA.

that means I will be buying a new head deck and remote. Any one have a recommendation. The JL audio has gotten mixed reviews.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks guys... it isn’t going to be covered by Yamaha YES warranty or “good will” by ASA.

that means I will be buying a new head deck and remote. Any one have a recommendation. The JL audio has gotten mixed reviews.
Look at Fusion

cyclops

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length