• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wired Remote for Factory Radio?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Maybe that is the difference of the Marc100 vs the Marc200

I have 2 additional remotes added using the y cables .Need to get in the boat to confirm and look at what y cable was ordered

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe that is the difference of the Marc100 vs the Marc200

I have 2 additional remotes added using the y cables .Need to get in the boat to confirm and look at what y cable was ordered
Thanks for the reply. I would appreciate any info you could pass along.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The 242 Xe has the polk PA4A head unit with the controller /remote mounted in the rear the salt water destroys the knob so it was relocated and the polk y cable and MARC200 were used

The MARC200 plug is a male pin out

y cable Amazon.com: Polk Audio PRCYC1 Polk Remote Control Y Cable: Automotive

hole cut on port cabin interior watch for the wire loom

new warranty replacement controller / remote relocated to the port cabin area

Old hole backed with plywood sealed with silicone and table mount used to cover the old hole new MARC200 remote installed the push button remote that was factory installeled on the previous 2005 was still working after 15 years of salt water pounding it .

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 242 Xe has the polk PA4A head unit with the controller /remote mounted in the rear the salt water destroys the knob so it was relocated and the polk y cable and MARC200 were used

View attachment 102026

View attachment 102027

Old hole backed with plywood sealed with silicone and table mount used to cover the old hole new MARC200 remote installed the push button remote that was factory installeled on the previous 2005 was still working after 15 years of salt water pounding it .

View attachment 102028
Thanks for the information. Sounds like that is the difference. The MARC100 has a FEMALE connection, while the MARC200 has a MALE connection.

I'm wondering if the MA200 simply doesn't support dual remotes, or if the manufacturer just swapped the gender to discourage the use of two remotes on the "lower model" head unit.

I know @haknslash had to do something to get his wireless remote to work properly with the MA200. Perhaps he can shed some light on what the MA200 is actually capable of.

I'm off to research DIN connectors and figure out how to make my own harness. Might be a wild goose chase, might not, we'll see.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi...how did the marc100 work out with your 2017 ar190? Do you have a pics of it installed. How big of a hole did it require and how does it mount?

Thanks,

Gerald

Edwin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used masking tape to draw a template and a 1-3/4 metal hole drill bit. The back side has a circular backing that sticks out about 1/2 inch the 1-3/4 bit made just the right size hole to get it flush. The face plate comes off, which allows you to screw the remote in each corner. After screwing down snap the face plate back on. After two seasons with it, it works great but the sun has blurred the screen so it’s a little hard to read.

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used masking tape to draw a template and a 1-3/4 metal hole drill bit. The back side has a circular backing that sticks out about 1/2 inch the 1-3/4 bit made just the right size hole to get it flush. The face plate comes off, which allows you to screw the remote in each corner. After screwing down snap the face plate back on. After two seasons with it, it works great but the sun has blurred the screen so it’s a little hard to read.

Thanks...I just want it mostly for volume control back on the swim platform. Wow 1 3/4" hole in my boat!! Thanks!!

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the information. Sounds like that is the difference. The MARC100 has a FEMALE connection, while the MARC200 has a MALE connection.

I'm wondering if the MA200 simply doesn't support dual remotes, or if the manufacturer just swapped the gender to discourage the use of two remotes on the "lower model" head unit.

I know @haknslash had to do something to get his wireless remote to work properly with the MA200. Perhaps he can shed some light on what the MA200 is actually capable of.

I'm off to research DIN connectors and figure out how to make my own harness. Might be a wild goose chase, might not, we'll see.

Hi....did you find out if the MA200 will support 2 marc100 remotes? Did you figure out the cable splitter?

Thx

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi....did you find out if the MA200 will support 2 marc100 remotes? Did you figure out the cable splitter?

Thx
SO far the spare remote and Y-Cable are sitting on the shelf in the garage. I'm going to order another Y-Cable today and see if I can't splice those two together to get the proper male-female connections, then solder a custom harness in the middle to test. That should tell us if two remotes can work at the same time or not.

I'll keep everyone posted. I have a weekend trip I'm attempting to get it up and running for in Mid-August that has given it a bit more priority on the list.

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have a solve for the MA200 remote debacle? Anyone willing to sell a working MARC100 or MWR100 and cable or can point me in some sort of a direction?

This is frustrating as crap!

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
SO far the spare remote and Y-Cable are sitting on the shelf in the garage. I'm going to order another Y-Cable today and see if I can't splice those two together to get the proper male-female connections, then solder a custom harness in the middle to test. That should tell us if two remotes can work at the same time or not.

I'll keep everyone posted. I have a weekend trip I'm attempting to get it up and running for in Mid-August that has given it a bit more priority on the list.
Hi again....so you have 2 Marc100's or are you trying to use a Marc200?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi again....so you have 2 Marc100's or are you trying to use a Marc200?
I'll be attempting to use (2) Marc 100's. I have a single Y cable in hand, and a single Marc100 in hand. The other Marc100 is already installed and working on the boat.

The only reason I did NOT already install the second Marc100 is because the gender of the Y cable is backwards.

This post explains where I'm at - https://jetboaters.net/threads/wired-remote-for-factory-radio.16343/page-2#post-399265

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@YamaNoob

Just placed the order for another Y-Cable.

Wife and I have decided to install the second remote. If I can rework the Y-Cable, and the stereo accepts it great. If not we'll just plug/unplug the remote we need when we need it.

I'll keep you posted on progress.

Leendert

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Hey Man can you share the cutout template?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It looks like 3.17 x 4.75 my picture is blurry I had an extra chrome bezel see the dimensions if you leave the radius corners it will allow you to screw it in from the face and not need the rear mounting bracket. The template went in the garbage I wouldnt trust anything sent via computer due to compression issues. If your relocating it to this area be careful of the wire harness

20190703_091737_1562176986150_resized.jpg

20201123_083057.jpg

20201123_083002.jpg

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Factory cut out was rough

Attachments

Relentless

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any feed back on how the marc200 holds up on the swim platform. I made a plate with black plexiglass and an oem ring. Then installed the PRC200BC but already after a month took on water and stopped working. Is the marc200 actually waterproof. I moved the main controller to the front which worked out nicely.. I guess if this isn't 100% I'll move it up like others and just make this a blank plate.

Attachments