• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is the E series worth the 5k upgrade

Jaime

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So I have started shopping for a new boat and I'm really interested in the electronic throttles but is it worth the $5k upgrade? No of the other upgrades to the E series are essential to me so literally would be spending the 5k just for the throttle control.
Yes is definitely worth the upgrade and you're financing the boat $5000 more is only a few more dollars worth of payments..

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes is definitely worth the upgrade and you're financing the boat $5000 more is only a few more dollars worth of payments..
That is probably exactly the Yamaha strategy. It used to be a budget boat made for the crowd that would not even consider financing a boat, but things change.
I still would not consider financing a boat, for me the maintenance/cost of ownership is the financing equivalent. Oh, and lets not forget the mods, LMAO!!!

--