• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is this reasonable offer for these days?

usea1040

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello, I'm new here at the forum also new for boating.
I got a offer from a yamaha dealer @ San Diego. I don't know if it's reasonable on these day.

unnamed.jpg

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks fair to me. $33k for a new 2022. I've seen used models going for around that price.

Sidarousmg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
over $6,000 is freight and prep..almost 20% of msrp? and $4,500 for YES warranty? sounds a bit high to me, but supply and demand....

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Freight and Dealer prep seems high. I’d ask for a bunch of free stuff for that price. Anchors, boat cover, free first maintenance at 10 hours! When I bought mine I finance through Yamaha and they gave YES warranty for free if you used them. The rate was good as well. Just a thought.

usea1040

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Freight and Dealer prep seems high. I’d ask for a bunch of free stuff for that price. Anchors, boat cover, free first maintenance at 10 hours! When I bought mine I finance through Yamaha and they gave YES warranty for free if you used them. The rate was good as well. Just a thought.
I see, thanks for the info. But there's one thing that holding me is trailer. it comes with painted one. I want galvanized.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
over $6,000 is freight and prep..almost 20% of msrp? and $4,500 for YES warranty? sounds a bit high to me, but supply and demand....
Invoice looks reasonable until you find the $3241 in other charges at the bottom of the invoice. This is addition to the $2575 in dealer prep. Dealer is also making money on selling a YES warranty upfront. Not sure why a boat delivered to San Diego would have a steel and not a galvanized trailer. Personally, I would look for a lightly used boat, but I don't know how common they are on the west coast.

Jim

usea1040

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Invoice looks reasonable until you find the $3241 in other charges at the bottom of the invoice. This is addition to the $2575 in dealer prep. Dealer is also making money on selling a YES warranty upfront. Not sure why a boat delivered to San Diego would have a steel and not a galvanized trailer. Personally, I would look for a lightly used boat, but I don't know how common they are on the west coast.

Jim
They have a new AR190 with painted trailer also in stock. I guess the reason they are still in lot because of trailer. BTW $3241 is sales tax + documentation fee

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Freight and Prep go into the Dealer's pocket, 100%.

TBH, you could buy a used AR210 right around that or for just a bit more.

usea1040

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
buy the YES warranty straight from yamaha at the end of your first year, add $500 for a galvanized trailer, freight and dealer prep seems high
is it available to buy the YES warranty from yamaha financial?

usea1040

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Freight and Prep go into the Dealer's pocket, 100%.

TBH, you could buy a used AR210 right around that or for just a bit more.
I understand current situation " supply and demand...". The only thing that holding me is a painted trailer. I'm planning to boating both fresh water and salt water.

DiggerPA

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Well supply and demand as noted above. But for reference, August 2021 purchased a 2022, 195s yacht blue, galvanized trailer, they threw in 4 life vests, throwable, flare gun, first aid kit, 3 fenders and lines, anchor and 100' line, and platinum protection interior and exterior treatment. with dealer prep of only $995

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
That looks to be what I paid for my 2022 SX195 with galvanized trailer.
Like everyone is saying, there is a supply and demand for everything right now, you could wait for the bubble to pop and prices fall, but who knows when that will be.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMO $2,500 in prep is absurdly high on an SX190. They have to add a battery, fuel, and unwrap the thing. Turn it on and make sure it starts and runs. Hell even a water test could be done with all the other stuff in 1/2 a day (assuming they're reasonably close to some body of water). Figure 2 guys at $75/hr for 4 hrs. 8hrs @$75/hr $600. Maybe $200 in battery/fuel/misc shop supplies. Marked up double gets us to $1,600. IMO that's still pretty generous for that boat. Not sure where the other $900 in that price comes from, and most likely they won't water test, and one guy will prep it in 2-3hrs time. $2,500 just seems REALLY high to me.....Of course I live in Indiana not California, so there's that.

I wouldn't get the YES warranty myself. Granted my '17 AR190 is significantly simpler than your '22 SX190 (I don't have any electronic doo-dads on mine), but I had nothing warrantable in the first 5 years of my ownership. The 190 boats are extremely simple, and don't have a lot to go wrong with, and if you're even a little bit handy with a wrench you can combine that with this forum and solve MOST of your problems.

I think $3,689 freight is high as well. There is some markup in there for certain. I just had a GIANT piece of industrial equipment shipped from Louisville KY, to the Death Valley area for about that much. That was a 55k lb machine that required a special trailer and overwide/overlong permits. I can't imagine an SX190 would cost that much to ship from TN to CA. I would beat them up on that price a little.

As for the painted vs galvanized trailer.......Unless you're exclusively in salt, I would take the painted trailer now, and plan on upgrading the trailer in the future. I would expect a mix use trailer to last 3-4 years at a minimum, maybe a bit longers with diligent rinsing and good maintenance. I certainly wouldn't let that be the limiting factor in your purchasing decision. If we were in a pre-COVID market, then I might be a bit more choosey, but right now, I'd take the painted trailer and use it for a few seasons, then start planning the upgrade.

With all that said......if you can't get them to budget, the opportunity to get another might be low. Take that into consideration.

Good Luck!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I just looked at my sales slip for my boat. I paid $2k for the YES warranty.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow are the dealers slopping on markup to the warranty? That is ridiculous. What a crooked dealer. Never heard of a YES warranty over $2500 for 4 years give or take. Thiefs.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Get a used 21/24 footer for same price or not much more