• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's ski season

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That‘s tragic but this guy made several mistakes:

* Hitting the back country solo
* Hitting the back country after a significant dump and not knowing the condition of the snowpack.
* Dropping into a line that funnels into a narrow chute.

Add them up and it’s a recipe for disaster. :-/

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wow! That’s nuts! I just got back from Park City (first time there) it was great. We got 9” on our last day. Being a east coast snowboarder I almost lost my mind!!! What a fun day. Unfortunately a man got caught in an avalanche on the 30th. Horrible.

I’ve been to Breck, Whistler, and Park City so far and I’d have to say Whistler is my favorite but for ease of access Park City was awesome. Breck and Whistler involves a bit of travel after the plane ride which can be a small bummer I guess? Although the drive to Whistler was absolutely gorgeous!
Heading to Breck on 2/22 - it will be my third time there. I’ve been to Gore, Pico, and Killington out east, Breck, Vail, Steamboat, Park City Mountain, The Canyons, Squaw Valley, Kirkland, Heavenly, Mammoth, and Whistler/Blackcomb.

Love the the laid back Breckenridge ski town vibe.

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Took the family to Hunter Mountain NY for 2 ski days last weekend. Before the foot of fresh snow landed. I got the pleasure of driving home in that. 3.5 hours turned into 6 hours. Loved skiing at Hunter. Challenging runs and my 14 yr old daughter did the most challenging run, Clair's Way. Day one was 10 degrees, Day two warmed up to15. IMG_6765.jpgIMG_6769.jpgIMG_6776.jpgIMG_6785.jpgIMG_6803.PNGIMG_6804.PNG

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm missing some of the best ski conditions in years due to pancreatitis. The Dr says no physical activity until at least the end of the month if I'm up for it by then. The way I'm still feeling I'll be lucky to feel good for boating season.

Jimmers

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Heading to Breck on 2/22 - it will be my third time there. I’ve been to Gore, Pico, and Killington out east, Breck, Vail, Steamboat, Park City Mountain, The Canyons, Squaw Valley, Kirkland, Heavenly, Mammoth, and Whistler/Blackcomb.

Love the the laid back Breckenridge ski town vibe.

Nice, we are heading to Summit Co. On 1/20/22 for our16th(?) father/ski get away! Breck is a cool town, no questions asked! We like to stay in Silverthorne and bounce around. Beaver Creek is my favorite but Keystone and A Basin are very close seconds and will ski all three of them. We like to follow the weather and let that determine where we ski ⛷ for the day. Have fun 🤩

I was told that this was our 20th father/son ski trip! We had a great time and for the most part, I was still able to keep up with my kid…. We tried Loveland for the first time, it’s a very nice ski area, relatively short lift lines, a great place to ski especially if you have to get to the airport later the same day as you are on the eastern side of the tunnel. Plus, tickets were only $95.00. Let me know how Breck is/was.

Attachments

Last edited:

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Bumping this up as the season starts to kick off. I haven't been out yet, but hopefully someplace local in the next week it'll work out to get some runs in. No out west plans for me this year, but toying with the idea of something in the UP Michigan area for late March.

How about you... Any ski trips planned yet? Have you gotten any runs in yet? New gear?

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Heading to New Mexico in February - Angel Fire and most likely Taos.

Bought new gear this year - all of it has arrived in the last week and I’ll set it up this weekend:

- Ride Insano boots
- Flow NX2 Carbon bindings
- Amplid Pentaquark board

I was only able to get a deal on the boots, bindings and board were full price. :-/

The local “hill” where I have a seasons pass (Sunburst in Kewaskun WI) is supposed to open Thanksgiving weekend - they’ve been blowing snow the past several days.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Bought new gear this year - all of it has arrived in the last week and I’ll set it up this weekend:
Which brings up a good point...are we allowing snowboarders in here?
Or is this a "Deer Valley, UT" sort of forum discussion! :D

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Breck on the 24, 30" at the base
My favorite resort - make sure to hit “American” on Peak 9 early in the day if it’s groomed and let her rip. :)

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Vail bought the 3 resorts where we ski including the one where we own a townhome. I'm already pissed about some of Vail's decisions, so the season is off to a shitty start and the ski resort hadn't even opened.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Headed to Vail with my daughter Dec. 9! Just dropped these bad boys off to get the bindings out on!

31698C19-8CF4-430E-98E7-265242632908.jpeg

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We went to Vail last February and stayed in Vail Village - had a great time.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yep. Love Vail. If it wasn’t for the military Epic Pass I doubt I could afford to go there as much as I do. You have to be vigilant to find affordable lodging.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wanna see you ride that 3rd board from the left!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length