• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JET BOAT PILOT BLACK FRIDAY SALE...ROOSTER TAIL ITEM $199..???

No those have a purpose

Not always a good thing.
Chicks with big fake boobs always get the Coast Guard attention. Thats why I have A old lady with natural boobs. All go fast boats with chopper props throw a rooster tail.

I was going in a different about being visible to the USCG. I guess it was lost in translation

Agreed. That is, Yamaha calls it a visibility spout and claims it makes riding its pwcs safer but it’s neither required nor illegal (that I know of) to have or use one. Only Yamaha includes them on their PWCs and most of the enthusiasts I know disconnect them.

In retrospect there maybe a much less expensive alternative to the JBP product for Yamaha jet boat owners, especially those without articulating keels. “Just” replicate the visibility spout system from a waverunner.

The question still comes back to why?

On a PWC, it is nice to be able to see our kids on the 1300r's from across the lake. But there is little to no reason to see our boat. The only guys that I can see tripping triggers are the ones that are nostalgic about an old jetboat with a Hamilton pump and Oldsmobile engine in it. Which I get. But otherwise, it has yet to come to me the purpose.

Just strap one of these to your swim deck. Attach a 45 degree elbow to the outlet and you’re good to go.

D4B6995B-889E-4338-A71B-01EE9DE07FA8.jpeg

The question still comes back to why?

On a PWC, it is nice to be able to see our kids on the 1300r's from across the lake. But there is little to no reason to see our boat. The only guys that I can see tripping triggers are the ones that are nostalgic about an old jetboat with a Hamilton pump and Oldsmobile engine in it. Which I get. But otherwise, it has yet to come to me the purpose.

I think you answered your own question, because some like the rooster jet look and/or the attention it brings them. I would be interested in it just to spray some of my tube riders or to deter jetskiers from following to close or from getting to close to jump my wake. I plan to take another look at my waverunner a to see if i can jury rig something for the boat.

Unlike a Berkeley pump deflector or other style trim-able jet pumps this thing is not adjustable or on demand...

What's up with this product? Want roosterz.

@JetBoatPilot is not making this product right now he is working on wave products. He was going to put my payment from that towreds a set of lateral thrusters but I’m waiting for him to give his order people the ok. I’m sure it will happen this week.

if you want a rooster tail on your boat, why not just rotate your pissahs upward. That should give the "jetski" effect i think. lolol

I already have the "pissers" pointed towards the passengers so it cools us off underway (and the oil residue works great as sunscreen). But...the roosterz I desire are like this guy's who modified his 192, awesome stuff.

I already have the "pissers" pointed towards the passengers so it cools us off underway (and the oil residue works great as sunscreen). But...the roosterz I desire are like this guy's who modified his 192, awesome stuff.
That's not a rooster tail, actually, but a real "diverter"! @SamCF rocks that amazing mod.

--

He fabbed up trimmable nozzles, not an easy project. I'm trying to figure out if a couple of pump wedges would raise the jet wash just enough to get a more pronounced roostertail effect, it wouldnt take much. I am not talking about the little vertical spray stock yamahas make, I'm talking about that awesome the 70' long firehose spray.

Dibs on being the driver while pulling you on a tube with that enabled. Haha.

Dibs on being the driver while pulling you on a tube with that enabled. Haha.
I have wanted to do that for years just nerve liked that style revers bucket on a twin jet boat.

No rooster tail but thrusters on the way. I’ll look into something to make a rooster tail

He fabbed up trimmable nozzles, not an easy project. I'm trying to figure out if a couple of pump wedges would raise the jet wash just enough to get a more pronounced roostertail effect, it wouldnt take much. I am not talking about the little vertical spray stock yamahas make, I'm talking about that awesome the 70' long firehose spray.
I have 2.5 degree wedges installed and there isn't a 70' rooster tail.

I have 2.5 degree wedges installed and there isn't a 70' rooster tail.
What effect did the wedges have on your jet wash/ rooster tail? Performance?

Jet wash is choppier, it's slightly harder to get on plane and it hurts more when You tube lol. I did it to get 1 mph more which it may have helped but there are so many factors it's hard to tell. I also have found that weight distribution is more crucial to boat angle. I bought trim tabs and hope to install this winter and do some serious Lake Michigan testing in the spring to see how the combo works. I like to plow a bit in the rough but then can't get on plane so we'll see! Watching that video my boat looks similar just less pronounced.

Watching that video my boat looks similar just less pronounced.

You mean the roost looks similar? Is your engine a 1.8 HO or MR1?

Back