• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JET BOAT PILOT BLACK FRIDAY SALE...ROOSTER TAIL ITEM $199..???

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Be very cautious with a rooster tail, make sure you have boat insurance coverage for that so you should ask your agent about it because those are very dangerous and the boat operator is civilly / criminally responsible if something bad happens, like property damage or injury caused by that rooster tail especially if it can not be engaged or disengaged from the drivers seat quickly and easily.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I assume that is just a little piece of metal goes down and directs some of the water up not like a huge rooster tail when we used to tilt our outboards and flood out the guy behind us.
I called in December and they said it would not ship till spring. I called when spring was over and they said it would ship in a week or so.
I am probably the only guy that won it and it was not worth him having a manufacturing run of them.
On our snow skis we used to screw a little piece of metal and just bend it down so it caught an 1/8th inch of snow and it would throw up a little rooster tail when you skied

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So it does not make the boat go faster? Louder? Run better? Better MPG? Not sure i see a reason to piss away $200 to kick up a "super cool rooster tail" Just my option.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
So it does not make the boat go faster? Louder? Run better? Better MPG? Not sure i see a reason to piss away $200 to kick up a "super cool rooster tail" Just my option.
To each his own. :p

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I had it on preorder but decide to cancel it. Curious to see if it works. Looks are fun so still interested :cool:

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It would be cool. But for me to interested you'd have to be able to turn it on and off remotely. It is a cool effect. Just wouldn't want it all the time.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I would think night time with the blue lights on it would look awesome. A fan of blue water 🤔

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So no boob jobs, just saying. Not faster, louder, run better, or better MPG. Yet 300,000 a year do it at $10,000 or so each set. But I think they look “super cool”

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals, sorry to be silent about the RT for so long. We got bogged down with the launch of the Thrust Vector Wake so this project got pushed back. We have been offering full refunds to anyone who has called and asked. Otherwise know that we are still planning to produce the production version of the Rooster Tail and hope to have it ready this year. No promises on date but it is 95% done so all we have to do is finalize some final elements and order the inventory.

Thanks again for those who have pre-ordered!

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Need any beta testers?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

KC-AR240

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You must be to young to remember glass packs that we'd put on our cars and trucks JUST because it sounded cool or even LED lighting under/in our boats. Cool factor means something that's why we all mod our toys.

Livewire

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
You must be to young to remember glass packs that we'd put on our cars and trucks JUST because it sounded cool or even LED lighting under/in our boats. Cool factor means something that's why we all mod our toys.
I remember getting my 66 mustangs glass packs hot and then putting water in the tail pipes to break the glass for a better sound.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

It does make you more visible to USCG

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is a link to a write up on water rooster tails:

Attached is a pic of a pwc rooster tail product that used to be offered by a company named Rogo.

Finally attached is an illustration of the JBP product, I believe it mounts directly to the articulating part of keel (aka rudder) on newer Yamaha jet boats and my be adjustable by simply changing the deflection angle of the plate, hopefully without any tools. If I am correct, As designed this won’t work on older boats without a keel/rudder (I.e., my boat). If JBP develops a version for my boat I would probably buy one. If a model with a remote on/off and variable angle adjustability (like the Rogo model) is ever released I’d buy two.

Attachments

Last edited:

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Available in 2 to 5 days I think I’ll cancel my old order request a refund and order a new one.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So no boob jobs, just saying. Not faster, louder, run better, or better MPG. Yet 300,000 a year do it at $10,000 or so each set. But I think they look “super cool”
No those have a purpose
It does make you more visible to USCG
Not always a good thing.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length