• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet Boats in Salt Water are a Mistake

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Do you have a Yamaha Jet Boat?

What model do you have?

How much would you need to get $$$ ?

How ling do you think we'd need for me to get a good feel for it???
My offer still stands. Let me know.

I've seen the Yamaha 24' for rent in downtown St. Pete several times (walk by it all the time). It's a really nice looking boat (white and blue, sharp). Not sure if any mods were done as it was always bow in.

Good luck!

Jblocker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Comes down to the 24 or 27 ft

If I get the 24 trailering is easier

I rented a Captain with a Yamaha AR240 to take me out in ST Pete for a few hours

Then I am going out on a Yamaha 27 ( from the dealer on a lake)

Bottom line gonna see if I must have the 27 or is the 24 ok
Have you had the sea trial yet?

AceBrown

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I run my 2016 24E-Series all around Tampa Bay out to Egmont Key and passage Key Anna maria area! Love the Jet Boat on these waters! Yes proper flushing cleaning goes long ways!

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My perspective.... If I could afford a 275, no way would I settle for a 24ft. I'd dump that Mercedes for an f250 in a second if you can't get a dry stack storage to drop it in for you (that storage precludes many trips too).

The decision is if your willing to step up into a truck capable of ha dling the boat you want. The Mercedes you have now will be at its limit with a 24ft IMO, and will eventually be traded out anyways, so you may as well just bite the bullet and get the right truck and the boat you want now.