• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet pump install help

Street glide

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey everybody was replacing my impeller housing today one side was a breeze but I can't get the shaft on the other one to go all the way in I have reached down in the clean plugs and turned the shaft but still can t get it all the way on looked up in there with a flash light everything looks good

Any help what be greatly appreciated

Strange. Maybe crank the engine for 1/2 a second to change the spline alignment. I’d remove the safety lanyard to make sure it doesn't start.

Jiggle and turn. If it's not working, pull out, rotate a bit and try again. it will fit eventually.

Hey everybody was replacing my impeller housing today one side was a breeze but I can't get the shaft on the other one to go all the way in I have reached down in the clean plugs and turned the shaft but still can t get it all the way on looked up in there with a flash light everything looks good

Any help what be greatly appreciated
I just put mine in today and had the same issue. I pulled it back a little and made sure to lift the shaft and rotate it. Went right in. Just like my first love.

Thanks for all the help actually bumped the key a couple times and then with a little wiggle it fit right in . Got it all back together and my new trust vectors installed yesterday now time to test them put

Back