• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet Ski Found Adrift In Storm - Lynnhaven, VA - Broad Bay

David.Parrish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
All,

Just weathered our first storm in our 255XD, and it was a doozy! Anchored off and waited it out in lighting, 30+ MPH winds, torrential downpours… not fun.

Saw a jet ski adrift in Broad Bay. Once we were able to pull anchor we went and got it. Luckily it had a key in it and didn’t have to tow. Looks like the tie-down rope broke in the storm.

Took it back to Lynnhaven Marine Boatel. If anyone in the area has any clues, here are some pics.

Thanks!

Attachments

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
That was really nice of you! I can’t believe they’d leave the key in it at the marina. That’s crazy.

David.Parrish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
That was really nice of you! I can’t believe they’d leave the key in it at the marina. That’s crazy.
Oh - it wasn't anywhere near a marina. We were in the storm for more than 1 hour with 30+ mph sustained and gusts. I would think it was likely tied up to a private dock and broke free. It drifted a long time before we were able to get to it to rescue it. I just took it back to the marina where I house my boat, as I didn't know what else to do with it.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you think someone could of been on it and went over board leaving it a drift? Maybe notify someone?

David.Parrish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Do you think someone could of been on it and went over board leaving it a drift? Maybe notify someone?
I don't think so, as the key was put away in the little storage compartment. It also clearly had a broken dock line tied to the front of it. We thought the same thing when we saw it floating through the fog/mist. It was pretty ominous. We did a couple of laps in the area, but there's no telling how long it had been drifting.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just notify local law enforcement with the hull numbers and they will contact the owner

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
hey I lost a jetski in case anyone has seen it, just ship it to me if you could

thanks

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
In Florida you are required by law to report it to local law enforcement

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Probably best to check your local FB lake groups and post up but blur out the registration. Ask if anyone has lost it and post a pic with blurred registration. Have them present to you the actual registration so you know it is the rightful owners. That's what folks typically do on our lake and social media group when storms kick up and boats, toys and PWC's go adrift.