• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jetboaters Exuma 2016 trip videos

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The videos are amazing my wife asked if we start planning now can we do this next year or the year after!
Keep me posted if it's 2018 I may go again

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@robert843 I think 2018 would be better as far as jobs for my wife and I. I think I would be down I will wait and see how this final hiring for FWC goes and that will decide a lot.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
This is a glance of our journey from Miami to Exumas Bahamas for a total of 10 days in the ocean. We had the opportunity of doing this trip with great friends,@robert843 @Ramblin Wreck @JROD @Andy S . We got to explore the Exumas, from Bimini Bahamas, Compass Cay, Chub Cay, Staniel Cay, Thunderball Grotto, Pig Island, etc. We had a run of 700 miles total. This was an epic adventure till the next one.
@1948Isaac , awesome work!!! Looks like a professional production! Thanks BIG!

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Here are my videos from the Jetboaters.net Exuma 2016 gathering we had an awesome time thanks to all involved. My videos start on day three of the trip as due to weather we had to move our launch day up a day and life got in the way and I could not make the advanced launch date. The guys were more then willing to go back to the original date but for saftey of the group I told them to go ahead and launch and I would fly into Nassau and catch them from there so that is where my adventure starts. The members on the trip where @1948Isaac @Andy S @Ramblin Wreck @JROD and I. Hope you guys enjoy the videos and I know there are more videos to come as I have seen previews of them from the other guys and they look incredible I cant wait to see them as well. Almost 700 miles of offshore travel #exumas2016

Day 3 Nassau to Staniel Cay

Day 4 exploring south of Staniel Cay

Day 5 Exploring north of Staniel Cay

Day 6 and 7 exploring around Staniel Cay and the return trip to Bimini

Day 8 Exploring around Bimini

Day 9 and 10 Exploring Bimini and return to Florida
Great videos of an epic adventure trip.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@1948Isaac , @Andy S - what did you use to navigate to the Bahamas for getting around? Is there a chip to buy for Navionics? I would love to use my Lowrance for such a trip.

My wife is super interested and the kid has been asking to go to Atlantis... guess I'm sold on the trip too. ONLY if we get to take the boat!!

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@1948Isaac , @Andy S - what did you use to navigate to the Bahamas for getting around? Is there a chip to buy for Navionics? I would love to use my Lowrance for such a trip.

My wife is super interested and the kid has been asking to go to Atlantis... guess I'm sold on the trip too. ONLY if we get to take the boat!!
I use garmin charts but i have navionics plantium as well as a back up on my ipad... The Navionics will work more than fine

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I used my Garmin 54dv and purchased an updated card for the Bahamas to ensure I had the latest charts, especially the depths since I know have an out drive and have to worry about shallow areas.

Me personally I would not stay at Atlantis, way to overpriced and commercial, but that is just my impression from what I have heard from people that have stayed there. Only @Ramblin Wreck family stayed there, the rest of stayed on the east end of Paradise Island. We only spent one night in Nassau because we were meeting up with friends and family there. If everyone was on the boat from the start we would have only stopped in Nassau for fuel.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I used my Garmin 54dv and purchased an updated card for the Bahamas to ensure I had the latest charts, especially the depths since I know have an out drive and have to worry about shallow areas.

Me personally I would not stay at Atlantis, way to overpriced and commercial, but that is just my impression from what I have heard from people that have stayed there. Only @Ramblin Wreck family stayed there, the rest of stayed on the east end of Paradise Island. We only spent one night in Nassau because we were meeting up with friends and family there. If everyone was on the boat from the start we would have only stopped in Nassau for fuel.

If Nassau is just a one night lay over, then I would agree and I would probably stay at a more affordable hotel. However, if Nassau is the end destination, and especially if you have kids, you'll enjoy the stay. My wife and daughter stayed in the cheapest rooms available and with all the taxes it was nearly $30o per night. I mention kids, because they do have amazing grounds. There were a lot of pools, lazy rivers, waterpark, etc. All of that is included in the price. I was prepared to pay a ton for food there, but it was reasonable if your eating burgers and sandwiches. What they get you on are essentials if you run out like $30 for a bottle of spray sunscreen. I enjoyed my afternoon there and if it was the end destination, I would definitely consider the Atlantis again. I was pleasantly surprised as I thought it was nice.

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If Nassau is just a one night lay over, then I would agree and I would probably stay at a more affordable hotel. However, if Nassau is the end destination, and especially if you have kids, you'll enjoy the stay. My wife and daughter stayed in the cheapest rooms available and with all the taxes it was nearly $30o per night. I mention kids, because they do have amazing grounds. There were a lot of pools, lazy rivers, waterpark, etc. All of that is included in the price. I was prepared to pay a ton for food there, but it was reasonable if your eating burgers and sandwiches. What they get you on are essentials if you run out like $30 for a bottle of spray sunscreen. I enjoyed my afternoon there and if it was the end destination, I would definitely consider the Atlantis again. I was pleasantly surprised as I thought it was nice.
@Bennie I have stayed in the Atlantis before and i love that place. It has so many activities , pools etc, is paradise for the family, but i agree 100% with @Ramblin Wreck , if that is going to be your final destination , stay there but if your just staying for a night , you can find sometime better and more private like the place we stayed with @Andy S at the end of paradise island

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah my kind saw a commercial, looked it up on YouTube, then sold my wife on the idea and now I'm being asked about it at least twice a week. I was told it's a tourist trap but I've also been told the kid would love it. And since IM just a big kid.. well hell, lets take the boat!!

just need a few more mods and some more info. I'm definitely in for a trip next year!!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bennie I have stayed in the Atlantis before and i love that place. It has so many activities , pools etc, is paradise for the family, but i agree 100% with @Ramblin Wreck , if that is going to be your final destination , stay there but if your just staying for a night , you can find sometime better and more private like the place we stayed with @Andy S at the end of paradise island
When... not if, WHEN we go I was thinking more along the thought of a few nights there, and a few nights exploring. I can't stop watching all these videos. Thank you so much!! Already forwarded them to my cousin to try to sell him on a trip.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You got a good eye . My windshield for some reason came out beyond the point of stop. I had to take it apart in chub cay and keep it open for the rest of the trip. This also happen to me on my ar192 last year... Also I know someone else that had the same issued, so if you have a bit of rough water, keep that windshield open because they flex with movement.
@JetBoatPilot, this is the issue I called about. A couple of boats had this issue on the way to Bimini. They need a wider catch for the windshield when it is closed.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot, this is the issue I called about. A couple of boats had this issue on the way to Bimini. They need a wider catch for the windshield when it is closed.
Either that or a stiffer hull. I'm guessing a wider catch would be easier of the fixes.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here's a video we put together. I originally thought I had a good bit of footage close enough to both @Andy S and @1948Isaac boats where you could really get feel for the bouncing you have running across the ocean. However, my GoPro I had mounted around my chest was either covered with water, salt, or just not close enough to there boats. The footage of the water itself just doesn't capture the swells and motion that you experience. Anyhow, there are a few different clips that you haven't seen up to this point from the other videos and a few clips we high jacked from @1948Isaac's video to complete our journey from FL to Nassau. Part 2 will pick up from Nassau...more to come on that.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here's a video we put together. I originally thought I had a good bit of footage close enough to both @Andy S and @1948Isaac boats where you could really get feel for the bouncing you have running across the ocean. However, my GoPro I had mounted around my chest was either covered with water, salt, or just not close enough to there boats. The footage of the water itself just doesn't capture the swells and motion that you experience. Anyhow, there are a few different clips that you haven't seen up to this point from the other videos and a few clips we high jacked from @1948Isaac's video to complete our journey from FL to Nassau. Part 2 will pick up from Nassau...more to come on that.

OUTSTANDING @Ramblin Wreck Hardcore trophies to Jetski'rs that was a lot of hours of pounding. The image of your daughter waiting/waiving dockside was great...Excellent experience

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That was great! You still have to sore from that trip!

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
OUTSTANDING @Ramblin Wreck Hardcore trophies to Jetski'rs that was a lot of hours of pounding. The image of your daughter waiting/waiving dockside was great...Excellent experience

I loved that part too. Especially when you can see her get frustrated when we didn't initially see her.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That was great! You still have to sore from that trip!
You can be assured there was a lot of soreness, bruises, blisters (actually a blister within a blister), and swollen body parts. Day 1 ended in Chub Cay and we had traveled over 150 miles in about 6 hours. At that point, I already had 2 blisters (although I was riding with gloves) and 2 big bruised knots on the inside of my knees. When I woke up in Nassau after day 2 and after another 40+ miles, every muscle from the back of my neck to the balls of my feet were completely locked up. We then departed Nassau for another 90 miles but had good to great water the entire way down to Staniel Cay. At that point is where physically it started to change for me personally. I guess my body started to adapt to the pounding and the severe soreness started to dissipate. I found it pretty amazing what your body will adapt too. I'm not saying I felt great, but I didn't feel like I got my you know what kicked every morning. I could tell I was getting worked, but it didn't make me want to stop riding.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bruce I will look into this a bit. Hopefully we can come up with something simple that anyone can install easily.