• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

Screennameinuse

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is the current list I have. I had moved you to @Screennameinuse to the Tuesday group per your earlier request. I will move you back to Sunday if you like if so please get up with @Ryuc14911 or @Rod5 to let them know so no one gets left behind.

Saturday
@Berrie
@Mainah
@D3nN1s
@Water Girl
@rsrlegends
@AbuAyd
@Dochapel
@Betik
@Speedling

Sunday
@Rod5
@Omar8thgen
@Ryuc14911
@Pedro cruz
@Jessenia Serrano

Tuesday
@Bruce
@Screennameinuse
@James Thoms

Committed but not seen a crossing date claimed yet

@zedxmike

Sure thing, Sorry to jump around. Thanks for the headache.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Is this still the list we're running with? We're heading out of Atlanta early am. Provided everything flows, I should make Saturdays PM's captains meeting for Sunday's run.
We are too trying to hi the road @ 4:00 from East Cobb.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep its being watched it should have no effect on the Saturday or Sunday crossing groups. It could bring an early end to the trip if it looks rough but would probably leave the option for the groups to maybe return Tuesday and head back home if needed or ride it out on Bimini. I haven't seen an update in few hours but last I saw it wasn't expected to have huge impacts on Bimini not saying that has not changed or will not change.

ThatJeepGirl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Be mindful, models do show this storm tracking your way should it build and progress. It would’ve later next week, but that IS something to think about for those crossing Tuesday if you’ll have to cut the trip short on the back end.

C18DF1D0-F3BF-4EF8-94EB-D66025DF7F17.png

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Going into costco in a bit. Anyone need anything pm me or if u wanna split stuff

Ryuc14911

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
The hurricane brewing up north isnt helping either. Should be entering the south carolina area sometime next week.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Be mindful, models do show this storm tracking your way should it build and progress. It would’ve later next week, but that IS something to think about for those crossing Tuesday if you’ll have to cut the trip short on the back end.

View attachment 78363
Are you suggesting that my stay until the 20th may be ill advised?

Girlfriend

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
I sure hope The Sands get the rooms figured out for you all. I know it's a lot of planning, preparation, and excitement for these trips. It certainly appears you'll have to earn it a bit more then we did crossing in June. @Rod5 this may read as redundancy and I totally get your point because if you read these threads and never been in the ocean you'd be scared to death but I think that's a point to a degree. I think the goal is to set reasonable expectations, especially for those crossing for the first time because youtube videos are misleading to what is actually felt and experienced. This probably isn't meant for you but hopefully will help someone doing it for the first time. For those crossing soon please don't take it condescending as that's not the intention, but everyone should have zero expectation of a comfortable ride. I was a little surprised to see the results of the poll @Bruce made when a large number choose comfortable conditions. I don't think that's a reasonable expectation unless you live close by and can pick a weekend and go at will. It is extremely rare to find comfortable seas riding in a jet boat and that's certainly the case when it's a planned date months in advance. Granted I've only crossed the stream 6 times which is a limited data set, but of those 6 this year was the only time I would call it comfortable. There were trips we made comments like "that wasn't that bad", however it was far from comfortable. The reality is you're taking a small vessel, fairly light vessel, across a very large body of water. If it's you first time, you need to set your expectation and the expectation of your crew that it's going to extremely rough. Hopefully it will not live up, but more then likely especially crossing your first time, you'll think it's really bad. I've mentioned it several times, but my crossing in 2017 was the most annoying rough ride to date for me personally. It wasn't the biggest seas I've seen but the toughest. Let the clip play out a bit and you'll hear constant disconnect and hard slaps along with a lot of spray. My wife was on the boat and while they didn't bury the bow and take waves over, they all were pretty much soaked from spray. To put this into perspective a little, I didn't get a singe drop of water above my knee until we were approx. a half mile out of FL on our return this year. In 2017, I felt like a drank half the ocean and I was pretty beat arriving in Bimini. The seas were absolutely 2ft with short period and a strong head wind. Video never does it justice but it was rough. We were able to safely without breaking anything, or tearing anything up run 20ish mph. It took us 3 hours. After last years crossing that's when I confirmed to myself that if I couldn't run upper teens at a minimum I need to turn back and give it another shot another time. To counter @swatski a bit, I'm not sure it's capabilities rather willingness and expectations. If you're expectation is for you and crew to take an ass beating for several hours then you'll likely be satisfied. If you watch these youtube videos and think your local lake gets that rough at times I think you're setting yourself up for a major surprise. Lastly, if you get out there and 5 miles in your running 10mph its ok to turn around and give it another shot later on that same day or another day. The reward of the adventure and clear Bahamian waters are worth it. Take it all in and enjoy it as not many people have the opportunity to do what you're about to accomplish.

Best ride is on the jet ski!

Girlfriend

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
When I was looking into additional nights Marci made a statement that they get a fair amount of people that come over for just Friday and Saturday and leave Sunday. Hopefully you're rooms will be available Sunday. The reservation site was pretty accurate in June but Marci can certainly verify. If the forecast holds (sailflow) with the low winds projected Saturday and not picking up until Sunday afternoon, I'd jump all over a early Sunday departure. It looks like very typical stream conditions and it gives you an extra day in Bimini vs. losing days. I really question 8/9 second periods when the winds are sustained in the teens for well over a 24hrs. 8/9 second periods you'd be fine with 3 or 4 foot seas.

http://biminisandsreservations.com/vacation-rentals/
The June group changed to a Sunday crossing and I believe BS was able to accommodate most if not all of us.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Best of luck to all that are traveling this weekend and next week. Praying for smooth sailing for you all. Enjoy your time!

Girlfriend

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
All this excitement. Makes me want to hitch up my boat and go again. The excitement of the crossing and the unknown is what makes this trip for me.
I agree, I love crossing on my jet ski. Took 6 hours in 2015, 5ft+ rollers but made it on 13.3 gallons and had a blast. Wish I could hook up and go again!

biminibrad

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Hello, this is Brad, I coordiante the rentals here at sands. I have been disgusted by what has been going on but I am happy to report guests have been having a great time. Whoever group leader is tomm., please text or wattsap me so I can help make your time on the island the best it can be. 954-270-2187 brad@thebiminisands.com fyi, zero wind all day here in Bimini.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello, this is Brad, I coordiante the rentals here at sands. I have been disgusted by what has been going on but I am happy to report guests have been having a great time. Whoever group leader is tomm., please text or wattsap me so I can help make your time on the island the best it can be. 954-270-2187 brad@thebiminisands.com fyi, zero wind all day here in Bimini.
Thank you for the heads. We are planing to leave tomorrow at 9am

You can reach me at 469 500 0812

We will try to go clear customs and then head to BS