• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
This is 15 I & J
She said the can be rented together or seperately they have an ajoining door She quoted me $275 a night each Not sure if the Sands would offer it at the discount but she did say to call the sands to book it

https://www.vrbo.com/165488

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We should be able to get our discount on any units that are rentable. All units at Bimini Sands are privately owned. The rental office manages the units whose owners wish to rent them out.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I know this is a long shot but are there ice machines on the property? And would you guys drink the tap water? We stayed at the Hilton last year and there were ice machines on the floors and they were constantly giving us bottled water so I'm not sure if tap water is ok to actually drink

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I found the other 2 bedroom
18a
2 bedroom loft
2 singles
double futon
6 singles in the loft
No pull out sofa, no wifi no direct tv

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know this is a long shot but are there ice machines on the property? And would you guys drink the tap water? We stayed at the Hilton last year and there were ice machines on the floors and they were constantly giving us bottled water so I'm not sure if tap water is ok to actually drink
No free ice machines on grounds but they bagged ice for sale at the onsite store.

I've never drank the tap water but heard it is fine to drink.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I understand that Bimini Sands filters their own water. It is fine to drink and tastes pleasant. We mix Gatorade powder with the tap water to refill our Gatorade bottles.

Ice is available for purchase at the store by the fuel dock.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know the Bimini Sands staff is having difficulty keeping up with our requests. This is normal. In the past they have always done a good job of matching the available condos to the needs of the various groups.

Our confirmation simply states 1 Loft MV for the unit which I interpret as a one bedroom with a loft and a marina view which will be fine for us.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As @Bruce just mentioned I highly recommend being near the infinity pool whether marina view or ocean view unit. You will likely find it will be the only place at the resort you hang out. If at all possible I would book building 1-14
I know the Bimini Sands staff is having difficulty keeping up with our requests. This is normal. In the past they have always done a good job of matching the available condos to the needs of the various groups.

Our confirmation simply states 1 Loft MV for the unit which I interpret as a one bedroom with a loft and a marina view which will be fine for us.
Does yours show your slip billing as well or just the condo like mine? @Bruce

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843, I received two confirmation emails. One for the condo and a second for the slip.

This is new. Last year they only charged a deposit on the condo. This year they are charging a 50% deposit on the slips and sending a second confirmation.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine came back late in the day so I'm assuming I will get the slip one tomorrow thanks.

(Edit) Never mind I guess email there works on island time as well. The email says it was sent at 4:40pm but just arrived in my inbox now. Slip confirmed also.

Last edited:

Jim Hernandez

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Jim Hernandez has registered to captain H with a crew of 4 adults and 0 children. They hail from the home port of Williamsburg Va.

The crew is described as: Wife -Eileen Hernandez
Friend - Gregg Robb
Friend - Scott Giordano

You can register for the event using the form at https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2016-registration.6/respond

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Bruce our crew can't make the adventure. Maybe next year (fingers crossed) cheers

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bruce Thank you for making this all happen, you have some seriously impressive organizational skills!

Made reservations last night by email. Waiting for the confirmation email, will call, too I guess.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce our crew can't make the adventure. Maybe next year (fingers crossed) cheers
Thanks for letting me know. We will miss having four crazy Cajuns in the group!

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I called them at 8 and 9 AM to make my reservation but their system is down due to them losing power.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I called them at 8 and 9 AM to make my reservation but their system is down due to them losing power.
They loose power all the time, they have 2 large diesel generators to power both North and South Bimini. In the 4 trips that I have made, at least once per trip you come back from being out on the water all day and the power has been out for a couple of hours.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i sooo want to do this trip but a few things will put it out of reach this year. 1st we are taking the kids to disney in March. i would rather go to bimini but this will be the one time we take them.... never again. Next, we have had our boat for one year... our first boat.. not sure i am ready for blue water yet.... However I am thinking of putting a bug in my family's ear for 2017. The god parents are going to disney with us so maybe next year me and the godfather can take the boat over while the wives and the kids fly........ i gotta start scheming. but for those of you who have been married for any length of time know when u suggest things outside of the norm you have to gradually build up to the full message. everyone would love being there with the boat.... it's the crossing that looses my wife!!! plus i am about top spring for a new trailer this year... so that kinda absorbs any extra funds..