• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Good deal! I believe that's the one she told me but may have said "N".
For Ski Jockeys, I recommend "water proof" to a certain depth, floater etc, not just water resistant. Inevitably, my 8 year hand held floater has hit the surf a few times. It smiled at me/lit up and patiently waited retrieval. ;-)

Duane652000

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
This trip looks awesome! I just found this thead a few days ago, and now I can't sleep! Every night, I can't stop thinking about doing a trip like this.

Two things holding me back.
1. Not sure if I'll be confident enough at that time with my boat. I fear that I may still be shaking her out after extensive repairs over the winter. After all she's been unreliable the last few years.
2. Who do I take? All my friends are to conservative, and the wife has back issues . Heck, none of my closest friends (we vacation with them) would even go out in the Gulf for a 20 min ride last year in Destin. The only person I can think of that I know would jump at this is my business partner. But we have never both been away from the business at the same time.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This trip looks awesome! I just found this thead a few days ago, and now I can't sleep! Every night, I can't stop thinking about doing a trip like this.

1. Not sure if I'll be confident enough at that time with my boat. I fear that I may still be shaking her out after extensive repairs over the winter. After all she's been unreliable the last few years.
2. Who do I take? All my friends are to conservative, and the wife has back issues . Heck, none of my closest friends (we vacation with them) would even go out in the Gulf for a 20 min ride last year in Destin. The only person I can think of that I know would jump at this is my business partner. But we have never both been away from the business at the same time.
Perhaps you should make that jump to a jet boat! Having two reliable engines makes me feel a lot more secure on such a trip.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm either in 7G or 7B couldn't really understand her on the phone but excited they did at least accommodate my request for building 7. It's likely 7B as I do not see a 7G listed on the unit list as a unit.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@bronze_10, looks like U have the priorities sequence right! Hang in there and keep the dream alive. I dreamed a Jet Ski trip from NC to FLA Keys for almost 10 years until I finally did it. My long term girlfriend & 1st wife would not get on it for 4 of those years. Then when she finally did, I almost lost possession of my ski and could not get her off it. ;-) Now 600 hrs and 15K plus miles later Bimini is an awesome annual ritual.
Holy cow that sounds lIke a long trip... that will be a after retirement goal..

Last edited:

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Your sheepish wife and friends can fly to Bimini and you drive the boat over, where they can enjoy with you the shallow beautiful crystal clear waters around Bimini.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Booked! Guess I better buy a boat soon!

zedxmike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am officially booked. I got the same room I had last year, which was awesome. 12B

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ThatJeepGuy, @BgTravis, @swatski, I have been discussing 192 and 190 fuel consumption with @zedxmike and @ArmyChief. The consensus is that at minimum 190s should bring 10 gallons of extra fuel and 25 for 192s. This is based on ZedXMike's 190 burning 40 gallons and ArmyChief's 192 burning 55 on the way to Bimini in rough water. You are likely to burn much less fuel but you certainly do not want to run out in the Gulf Stream.

@OUT ON THE REEF has put together a great system for refilling his FSH

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Please use the attached form to register for a slip at the Bahia Mar Marina (our Bimini departure location).
Our group rates are as follows:
$1.25 per foot (with no minimum length requirement) if you stay for 2 or more nights.
$1.50 per foot (with no minimum length requirement) if you stay for 1 night.
As an example, for a 24 foot boat, you pay $36 if you are staying one night, and $30 per night if you are staying more than one night.
Print the attached form, fill it out, and email or fax it, along with a copy of your credit card (front and back) to:
Sasha Valerio
svalerio@rcibahiamar.com
Fax: (954) 627-6356
Tel: (954) 627-6309

@Bruce , you may wish to place this posting in a better place.
Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@MrMoose volunteered to and has arranged our discount for slips at the Bahia Mar Yachting Center. The details are in the post above

Thank you @MrMoose!

You will also want to make your hotel reservations with Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. Currently rooms are available starting at $150 per night. I would get your reservations in early to avoid the hotel and slips filling up or the hotel rate increasing.

These are the relevant agenda items

June 19th before 5:30 PM. Please have your boat docked in a slip at Bahia Mar with a full tank of fuel. We will not stop for fuel on the way to Bimini on the 20th. The fuel dock that is open at that time has asked us to fuel up during the day on Sunday as they had difficulty handling our group in 2014. So please fuel up on the 19th. I will do so at Bahia Mar's fuel dock which closes at 5:30 PM. Lauderdale Marina which is NW of the 17th Street Draw Bridge is another option which offers bait and tackle as well as fuel.

June 19th 6:00 PM Captains meeting(s) at Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. I would like to break captains meetings up into groups that will be making the crossing together. So we will have three or four smaller captains meetings at locations to be determined. The group leaders and I will work out the split of confirmed participants into groups in April.

June 20th 6:00 AM Departure from the Bahia Mar Yachting Center for Bimini Bahamas. I will update the times for departure as we get closer. Current intentions are to have groups leaving at 6:00, 6:10 and 6:20. Please have your boat loaded with all cargo secured before your departure time. Your group will conduct a combination radio check and roll call ten minutes before departure. You can view the route at http://tinyurl.com/zlatnzu or download it from http://tinyurl.com/jo45osd .

@ACrews, @veedubtek, @Augusto David Rodriguez, @andy07sx230ho, @ThatJeepGuy, @Jr15g, @zedxmike, @shane hric, @BgTravis, @DieselCamel, @JROD, @Manchild, @chris24, @Glen, @Jose galvez, @MrMoose, @justason, @Kevin Sargent, @Jackew, @Jerry Ferrera, @BigJay17, @wadeup, @robert843, @latitudeadjuster, @swatski, @Chris-MS, @Mike Coultas, @ScarabMike, @Jr15g, @JROD, @Ramblin Wreck, @2nazt, @Valerie, @Bimini

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Please use the attached form to register for a slip at the Bahia Mar Marina (our Bimini departure location).
$1.25 per foot (with no minimum length requirement) if you stay for 2 or more nights.
As an example, for a 24 foot boat, you pay $36 if you are staying one night, and $30 per night if you are staying more than one night.
Print the attached form, fill it out, and email or fax it, along with a copy of your credit card (front and back) to:
Sasha Valerio
svalerio@rcibahiamar.com

Thanks.
@MrMoose Y'all keep me posted if things start to look like it's gonna book up. I'm currently out of state working & don't have access to a computer or fax machine. According to Sasha, the form HAS to be filled out & returned via email or fax.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MrMoose Y'all keep me posted if things start to look like it's gonna book up. I'm currently out of state working & don't have access to a computer or fax machine. According to Sasha, the form HAS to be filled out & returned via email or fax.
@ACrews you should be fine. I imagine you have a few weeks before they start getting booked up.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is anyone planning on being down there before the 19th?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sasha Valerio
svalerio@rcibahiamar.com

Thanks.
@MrMoose Thanks for putting this together!

FYI - for those on ski's, Bahia Mar Marina won't let you rent a slip but they will let you tie in a slip with a member of group for free.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ACrews , I wouldn't sweat it. I registered my slip less than two months before last year's departure and it was right around the July 4 th weekend. I think that you have time.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm arriving on the 17th. This gives me some buffer in case I run into problems during the 1200 mile tow. If I get there on the 17th, I just plan to casually check out the area.
I'm kinda thinking the same thing. I don't have as far to tow but don't wanna risk something happening setting me behind. I'm still undecided yet, but gonna kick it around with my crew to see what they're able to do.