• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Has anyone looked at the depth as we cross? Some may not want to ;-)
Remember when looking at charts to make sure you know what the number represent. The NOAA charts are typically in fathoms which 1 fathom = 6 feet. The attached PDF file is a download of the NOAA chart that has South Florida and Bimini, we will be leaving out of the Port of Everglades. On the chart you notice that we will be crossing over depths of greater than 400 fathoms or 2400 feet. In the past, if the seas were calm we would stop in that area and take a swim and let boats refuel. Here is a link to the NOAA charts, http://www.charts.noaa.gov/InteractiveCatalog/nrnc.shtml

Attachments

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone looked at the depth as we cross? Some may not want to ;-)
Why? It is fun to stop and swim in 2,500 feet of water!

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Why? It is fun to stop and swim in 2,500 feet of water!
With or without a mask on to see what's below?? :(
Don't get me wrong We dive, but I like to see the bottom, and what's below and above me!;)

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
@Bruce theres another jetski group coming in on Wednesday I'm waiting to find out where they are staying

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is anyone planning on being down there before the 19th?
My group is leaving on the 17th and spending the night in Marietta GA. The 18th I'll be staying somewhere around Ft. Pierce (about 2 hrs from Ft. Lauderdale) and then rolling in earlier on the 19th. We could always roll together as a group if you guys are interested?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
... or beer.
All of the best rums in the world are available inexpensively in Bimini. So we don't need no stinking (and heavy) beer.....

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All of the best rums in the world are available inexpensively in Bimini. So we don't need no stinking (and heavy) beer.....
Where do you get the good and cheap rum from? I bought some spiced rum from the closest place on North Bimini, and it cost the same, if not more than what I pay in Texas

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where do you get the good and cheap rum from? I bought some spiced rum from the closest place on North Bimini, and it cost the same, if not more than what I pay in Texas
Were you buying US rum or Bahamian? I would stick to Bahamian or Cuban while you are there.

There is a large liquor store to the NW of Big Game Club on North Bimini or Big Game Club has some in their store. I paid around $14 a bottle for Bahamian rum.

Booze & Screws on the road from Bimini Sands to the water taxi is relatively close and just a little more expensive than going to the large store on the North Island.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Back with more info. Butler & Sands is the large store in Alice Town. Their price for Ricardo was $14.37 per one liter bottle. They discount 20% for case purchases. We have tried three kinds of Ricardo and love it.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Tony Sweasy !!!!!!! We really wish you were coming this year. I really enjoyed your stories in the pool. Did you ever find the missing toilette plunger? For some reason, I always think of you when I hear that Flo Rida song "It's goin' down for real..."
Regarding the nagging wife/passenger, just give them a good life jacket and toss them overboard. One of the benefits of travelling in a group is that someone behind you will rescue them.
Regarding nagging wife/passengers... I found the solution:

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Were you buying US rum or Bahamian? I would stick to Bahamian or Cuban while you are there.

There is a large liquor store to the NW of Big Game Club on North Bimini or Big Game Club has some in their store. I paid around $14 a bottle for Bahamian rum.

Booze & Screws on the road from Bimini Sands to the water taxi is relatively close and just a little more expensive than going to the large store on the North Island.
I went to the big liquor store at the Big Game Club. I have a delicate palate, and I prefer spiced rum. They only had one kind, Captain Morgan, and it was pricey.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went to the big liquor store at the Big Game Club. I have a delicate palate, and I prefer spiced rum. They only had one kind, Captain Morgan, and it was pricey.
The Ricardo spiced rum is awesome. Butler & Sands is a few blocks west of Big Game Club on the North Side. They may have had a dozen types of Ricardo. I believe it to be across The Queens Highway from The Sea Crest Hotel & Marina. I bet the guys at Blue Water would fill your boat up for you while you run across the road to buy rum. Lots of locals were shopping there and they were very friendly.

This route will get you there from Bimini Sands Http://tinyurl.com/j82sm6x

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My group is leaving on the 17th and spending the night in Marietta GA. The 18th I'll be staying somewhere around Ft. Pierce (about 2 hrs from Ft. Lauderdale) and then rolling in earlier on the 19th. We could always roll together as a group if you guys are interested?
Would love to catch up with you guys, but y'all will most likely be coming down I-75 & catching the turnpike down. I'm about 30 minutes from the FL state line on the far East side of Ga. My group trying to figure out if we gonna go down early or not still. I'm about 6 hrs according to GPS from my front door to Harbor Towne marina, but Im trying to plan enough wiggle room in case something happens that I'm not in a rush at last minute.