• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is ~24 miles from Everglades Holiday Park to Bahia Mar through slow canals. That would be 4 to 5 hours of running at no wake. Perhaps you should plan to change spark plugs when you get to Bahia Mar.

Here is the route mapped out somewhat closely. Navionics would not autoroute it. http://tinyurl.com/jd6kjau

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is Navionics total distance calculation on the route

image.jpeg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you're worried about salt on your trailer here's what I would do...... Launch then hose off as best you can. Bring a pump sprayer and load it up with salt-a-way and water. Spray liberally all over the trailer and brakes. Go have fun in Bimini. Repeat process upon return.

Most of our inland waters get very salty during the winter and spring due to little rain. This year has been unusually wet so far but it should dry out soon.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There is a fresh water hose at Harbor Towne marina. I would just drop there then immediately go rinse the trailer. Even if you spent an hour thoroughly rinsing it you would be two hours ahead of dropping in fresh water. Really though you should be fine if you rinse it good for a few minutes after you drop and pull.
I agree.

I dipped and then immediately rinsed my painted trailer at Harbor Towne last year and I didn't notice any issues once we returned.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you're worried about salt on your trailer here's what I would do...... Launch then hose off as best you can. Bring a pump sprayer and load it up with salt-a-way and water. Spray liberally all over the trailer and brakes. Go have fun in Bimini. Repeat process upon return.

Most of our inland waters get very salty during the winter and spring due to little rain. This year has been unusually wet so far but it should dry out soon.
In fact, I would do this on a galvanized trailer as well. The brake rotors and calipers need to be rinsed before you head to Bimini.

Jose galvez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good morning everyone. I have lived in Florida all my life and have had many a trailer with my father and now myself and have done Nothing but salt water. A one time in salt water will not damage it painted or not. Just hose it down. If you really want to protect it yes do a little salt eliminator and you should be good. But yes salt water will damage anything unwashed for a long period of time.

Jose galvez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On another note. Need some help. Have not booked my hotel because I'm having issues with my insurance not covering trip to bimini. Does anyone have the list of insurance companies that cover that trip. I know I saw it on our forum but can't find it for the hell of it. Ski Safe does not cover it. And looked deeper into my policy and it freaking socks. Thank God I looked. It doesn't cover hurricane, storms, sinking, fire & damage caused by water entering the boat my accident, doesn't cover any lost items or added extras. And believe me I've added extras won't say how much because my wife is starting to read the forum to get comfortable with trip. I guess I will keep it on the trailer in the water. It covers it like that. My deductible is only $15.000 for any damage, theft, act of nature, Yes that is correct. $15.000 dollars. DAMN. Please help.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On another note. Need some help. Have not booked my hotel because I'm having issues with my insurance not covering trip to bimini. Does anyone have the list of insurance companies that cover that trip. I know I saw it on our forum but can't find it for the hell of it. Ski Safe does not cover it. And looked deeper into my policy and it freaking socks. Thank God I looked. It doesn't cover hurricane, storms, sinking, fire & damage caused by water entering the boat my accident, doesn't cover any lost items or added extras. And believe me I've added extras won't say how much because my wife is starting to read the forum to get comfortable with trip. I guess I will keep it on the trailer in the water. It covers it like that. My deductible is only $15.000 for any damage, theft, act of nature, Yes that is correct. $15.000 dollars. DAMN. Please help.
Allstate and BoatUS will cover Bimini trips. Allstate's limit is 100 miles from the US coast for boats and 10 for skis. Allstate was $100 less per year for me. BoatUS will cover farther out.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Allstate will cover you on the trip and their prices are reasonable, this who I use.

Jose galvez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys. I'll advice out come.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jose galvez I'm with Farmers Insurance and they work with a company in Michigan for their marine insurance called Foremost. I pay $460 per year (2% deductible on the boat) on my 2015 AR240, I have coverage that includes half a million in liability, has sea towing up to $5000 per incident, plus a few other things. The base plan did not include Bahamas, but for $60 more for the year, I upped to the Elite package which includes Bahamas.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Jose galvez I'm with Farmers Insurance and they work with a company in Michigan for their marine insurance called Foremost. I pay $460 per year (2% deductible on the boat) on my 2015 AR240, I have coverage that includes half a million in liability, has sea towing up to $5000 per incident, plus a few other things. The base plan did not include Bahamas, but for $60 more for the year, I upped to the Elite package which includes Bahamas.
Unfortunately, from what I can see on their website, https://www.farmersagent.com/?_ga=1.155272447.512507446.1454349031, Farmers doesn't cover South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida and a few others.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
another +1 on the Allstate deal that's who I use as well. I'm pretty sure Allstate will even underwrite your boat for a distance greater then 100 miles if you want.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unfortunately, from what I can see on their website, https://www.farmersagent.com/?_ga=1.155272447.512507446.1454349031, Farmers doesn't cover South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida and a few others.
Farmers doesn't, but Foremost does. I only mentioned Farmers because they're the ones who hooked me up with Foremost (because Farmers doesn't do marine).
@Jose galvez , here's the link to Foremost:
http://www.foremost.com/agency-locator/index.asp?client=foremost&address=florida&product=Boat&submit=+Go+

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Farmers doesn't, but Foremost does. I only mentioned Farmers because they're the ones who hooked me up with Foremost (because Farmers doesn't do marine).
@Jose galvez , here's the link to Foremost:
http://www.foremost.com/agency-locator/index.asp?client=foremost&address=florida&product=Boat&submit=+Go+
Interesting, Farmers has Marine insurance on the website. This could be like USAA who farms Marine insurance to Progressive.

@MrMoose Thanks for the Foremost link, they offer in South Carolina and I will be checking prices and coverage.

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@Jose galvez You beat me to it. I just finished talking with Ski Safe and surprise!!!!:sorry: My policy only covers fresh water. :banghead: I was back in TN when I purchased my boat. I called Boat Us and they gave me a really good quote but the representative told me that if I go out to the Bahamas I need to be with another boat and at least it needs to be a 28'. While typing this reply I just got a call back from Allstate and their quote is $200 more than Boat Us but they will cover our trip to Bimini. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jose galvez You beat me to it. I just finished talking with Ski Safe and surprise!!!!:sorry: My policy only covers fresh water. :banghead: I was back in TN when I purchased my boat. I called Boat Us and they gave me a really good quote but the representative told me that if I go out to the Bahamas I need to be with another boat and at least it needs to be a 28'. While typing this reply I just got a call back from Allstate and their quote is $200 more than Boat Us but they will cover our trip to Bimini. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated
Pick up Allstate and and cancel it and get your money back after you return from Bimini and go back to the cheaper policy ;)

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Bruce
Having grown up living on the New River Canal in Plantation. I can tell you it is not possible to boat from Holiday Park to the inter-coastal as there is a fixed lock in Plantation that you can not pass through.upload_2016-2-1_15-33-41.png
PS...I grew up on the Inter-Coastal side of this lock!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can tell you it is not possible to boat from Holiday Park to the inter-coastal as there is a fixed lock in Plantation that you can not pass through.
That explains why Navionics would not route it! Thank you!

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I know my state farm guy said I just need to give a heads up when I am leaving and he'll take care of the rest.