• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
A good easy to travel mixer for rum (especially flavored rum) is crystal light or even Hawiian punch packets. I like cherry and grape and even fruit punch. The store at Big Game had a 1-liter of jagermeister for $35 which isn't too bad

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The unlimited towing covers 120 miles out of Ft Lauderdale.....if my boat sinks, it happened 10 miles off the coast!! LOL #Dexter

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm going to call Bimini sands tomorrow to book. Is there anyone willing to take my wife over on their boat as I will take the ski across? We can PM for further details if possible. I'm also in Port St Lucie for those travelling so could save a hotel in ft pierce to ease cost too for a member travelling. Fingers crossed someone can help out.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Worse case, flights are $270 round trip @2nazt . Got a couple extra people we may have to fly over so I've been looking into it.

Manchild

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Manchild crew is all booked with Bimini Sands as well but like some others I have not received a unit number yet. I'll follow up with the resort and let you know. Looking forward to one hell of a trip, even the 2600 mile round trip drive to Ft. Lauderdale.

Anyone else have a painted trailer like me who doesn't want to dip it into salt water? If so, have you found any marinas in Ft. Lauderdale that will lift the boat into the water and allow you to leave your truck and trailer there for the week?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Manchild, there was a lot of discussion about marinas that might lift boats in the 2015 thread. Unfortunately no one was able to find a marina that would do so but that was the 4th of July weekend.

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Looking into working this trip in. For the 2013 trip I used Thunderboat marina due to my painted trailer. They lifted the boat off the trailer, stored my trailer and truck for the week and lifted the boat back on the trailer when we got back. They even let me use their hose in the lot to wash the boat down.

I called them last week to see if they would do it again and after some discussion they agreed but at a higher cost, $265. That price is worth it to me to keep the trailor out of the salt water. Dont know if I'll make it this year but you might give them a call to see if they can help you.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Manchild crew is all booked with Bimini Sands as well but like some others I have not received a unit number yet. I'll follow up with the resort and let you know. Looking forward to one hell of a trip, even the 2600 mile round trip drive to Ft. Lauderdale.

Anyone else have a painted trailer like me who doesn't want to dip it into salt water? If so, have you found any marinas in Ft. Lauderdale that will lift the boat into the water and allow you to leave your truck and trailer there for the week?
There are fresh water launches in Boward county. This is like many other coastal areas with many fresh water lakes and rivers that flow into coastal areas. You will have a further run to Bahia Mar then those who drop into salt water but it's completely possible to drop in fresh water and take the channel or river to Bahia Mar. Below is a link to a list of launchs in Boward County it lists if it's fresh or salt water.

http://www.broward.org/Parks/ThingsToDo/Documents/PublicBoatRampsInBrowardCounty.docx

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There are fresh water launches in Boward county. This is like many other coastal areas with many fresh water lakes and rivers that flow into coastal areas. You will have a further run to Bahia Mar then those who drop into salt water but it's completely possible to drop in fresh water and take the channel or river to Bahia Mar. Below is a link to a list of launchs in Boward County it lists if it's fresh or salt water.

http://www.broward.org/Parks/ThingsToDo/Documents/PublicBoatRampsInBrowardCounty.docx
If you look into this option you need to verify that they allow overnight/extended parking. In the past when I've looked at this option the fresh water launches didn't allow overnight parking.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What about launching at a freshwater ramp and the captain taking the boat to the resort where everyone else is? Have the Co-Captain take the truck and trailer and park it where the rest of the group are parked at. Then at retrieval make the decision to just dip it since it'll be rinsed immediately or reverse the process.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What about launching at a freshwater ramp and the captain taking the boat to the resort where everyone else is? Have the Co-Captain take the truck and trailer and park it where the rest of the group are parked at. Then at retrieval make the decision to just dip it since it'll be rinsed immediately or reverse the process.
Nice idea and definitely an option, that is assuming Harbour Towne lets you park you vehicle/trailer there without launching your boat. One down side is that most of the freshwater places I looked at are about 14 miles from the Bahia Mar which at 5 mph boat speed due to the waterways are no wake, it would take a 3 hour boat ride from launch to marina.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I looked into this last year. My memory is that the "fresh water" ramps were actually brackish.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you look into this option you need to verify that they allow overnight/extended parking. In the past when I've looked at this option the fresh water launches didn't allow overnight parking.
You would have to be pretty committed to not dropping in salt water to do this as Andy mentioned the whole area is one large no wake zone and it would likely take you 2-3 hours at idle speed to get to Bahia Mar from any of them. Below appears to be the closest one with 24 hour parking and it appears to be a aprox 15 mile run down the channel to get back to the Bahia Mar area.

Everglades Holiday Park – Conservation Area 3 – Freshwater

21940 Griffin Rd., Fort Lauderdale (west of U.S. 27), Broward Municipal Services District

954-434-8111

Fee: No charge

Hours: 24 hours

1 double ramp, 2 single ramps

90+ parking spaces

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't know how far it is by road but you could put the boat in the salty water then pull your trailer to the fresh water ramp and dunk it in a few times. That's about the only way you will rinse the inside of the trailer frame anyway.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is a fresh water hose at Harbor Towne marina. I would just drop there then immediately go rinse the trailer. Even if you spent an hour thoroughly rinsing it you would be two hours ahead of dropping in fresh water. Really though you should be fine if you rinse it good for a few minutes after you drop and pull.