• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

Thanks @tim2808!! Holding a can over the side is definitely not an option. I see way too many opportunities for that to go wrong. A Can with a hose attached seems like our best bet.

I called Bahiamar to ensure my boat slip and parking reservation was good because I didn't receive a confirmation email. I'm good to go, but when I asked the total cost :greedy: I was shocked. What I was tracking was $7 per vehicle a night and $10 per axel a night. Well that price it's only if you have your boat in the slip. While we are out in Bimini it will cost $25 per vehicle a night and $50 per axel a night. Did I missed this and y'all tracking these prices or is this new to all?

We leave the truck's and trailers at Harbour Towne...
Any recommendations for those launching their boats from Bahia Mar?

I called Bahiamar to ensure my boat slip and parking reservation was good because I didn't receive a confirmation email. I'm good to go, but when I asked the total cost :greedy: I was shocked. What I was tracking was $7 per vehicle a night and $10 per axel a night. Well that price it's only if you have your boat in the slip. While we are out in Bimini it will cost $25 per vehicle a night and $50 per axel a night. Did I missed this and y'all tracking these prices or is this new to all?

As @tim h mentioned your truck and trailer will likely never see Bahia Mar. When arriving go straight to Habor Towne Marinia and launch and check into Bahia Mar once you have your boat in the marina. There is no need to go to Bahia Mar first as you will not have an opportunity to go back to your vehicle to drop stuff off any ways. So if you cant get it in your boat leaving Harbor Towne there is no need to have it at Bahia Mar as what ever you have at Bahia Mar is going to the Bahamas with you.

There is no launch at Bahia Mar just a marina you will want to Launch and park at Harbor Towne and boat over to Bahia Mar.

As @robert843 said, there is no launch ramp at Bahia Mar. If you look at the first post in this thread there is an agenda with directions for launching at Harbor Towne.

This is the launch content from the first post of this thread

Launch - I recommend launching your boat and leaving your tow vehicle and trailer at Harbour Towne Marina on the Dania Cutoff Canal. They have 24 hour security and have charged $8 per day cash for parking in the past. Harbor Towne is 5 miles by water from the Bahia Mar Yachting Center. You will be boating through slow speed areas. I was pulled over for 7 MPH last year so it will take approximately an hour to boat from Harbor Towne to Bahia Mar. You can view the route at http://tinyurl.com/zpzh8yu or download it from http://tinyurl.com/hu8r32u .

@Bruce I live 4 miles from Ft. Lauderdale/Port Everglades Inlet. I see that the official Bimini trip is dated Sun. 6/19 thru Sat. 6/25.

If anyone will be arriving in Ft. Lauderdale early on or before Sat. 6/18 and/or staying in Lauderdale Sun. 6/26 and would like to do some offshore fishing, I am more than happy to meet up and take aboard my boat or have them follow me to where I will be fishing and shadow. Trolling for Mahi, Wahoo and Kings or bottom fish and jig for Grouper, Snapper and Jacks...makes no difference to me.

I go offshore every weekend weather permitting so it will be no trouble on my end. Just a thought if anyone is interested. If so, let me know and we can exchange contact info. If plans change, no worries either.

ME ME ME !!
I'm in !
I would love to join you, or shadow.. depending on how many in my group want to fish vs. hit the beach :winkingthumbsup"

Arriving Friday eve..

@Bruce I live 4 miles from Ft. Lauderdale/Port Everglades Inlet. I see that the official Bimini trip is dated Sun. 6/19 thru Sat. 6/25.

If anyone will be arriving in Ft. Lauderdale early on or before Sat. 6/18 and/or staying in Lauderdale Sun. 6/26 and would like to do some offshore fishing, I am more than happy to meet up and take aboard my boat or have them follow me to where I will be fishing and shadow. Trolling for Mahi, Wahoo and Kings or bottom fish and jig for Grouper, Snapper and Jacks...makes no difference to me.

I go offshore every weekend weather permitting so it will be no trouble on my end. Just a thought if anyone is interested. If so, let me know and we can exchange contact info. If plans change, no worries either.
My group would very interested in this we should be getting there Saturday morning

I so want to make this trip. I guess next year it is on our list for day off requests. I'm in Port St Lucie about 1.5-2 hours from Ft L if anyone needs anything or a free room on the way down or back. Or assistance on the commute.

I so want to make this trip. I guess next year it is on our list for day off requests. I'm in Port St Lucie about 1.5-2 hours from Ft L if anyone needs anything or a free room on the way down or back. Or assistance on the commute.

Wow, that's a heck of an offer @2nazt. Super kind of you. You might have someone jump on that offer.

@Ramblin Wreck the amount of help I have received on here and the great community. It's the least I could do to repay. Plus on a long commute it's hard to pack tools and everything so lending assistance in a bad situation would be helpful.

Is that one boat and 5 skis?
Yep I have already started bargining with Mother Nature for smooth seas and sunny sky's!
There is another group of jetskis arriving Wednesday but I believe they are staying on north Bimini and leaving Sunday

Ya I'm following a group on FB they are running to the 10th- 17th. By follow I mean monitor not like I'm going with them. They post some helpful info as well.

@ClemsonTiger , you are awesome for making that offer... now you're making me want to leave my wife and father in law behind so that I can go fishing with you.

I'm on vacation June 17- 26 and that's where I was raised I would love to spend the whole time down there but I have 3 dobermans that I am leaving with a house/baby sitter and leaving them the 7 days is breaking my heart!

Back