• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

So some guys I know are heading to Bimini in the morning below is a link to track them on their Delorme if in body is interested in tracking. The password to access is Bahamas

https://share.delorme.com/BillyandGina

Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to start organizing the groups for the crossing. Currently we have 36 boats registered for the trip. Fourteen have reported their condo booking. I know more are booked than that. If you are going please let me know your condo number or at least confirm that you have reservations. Thanks

@veedubtek, @ThatJeepGuy, @DieselCamel, @Manchild, @Glen, @justason, @Jerry Ferrera, @BigJay17, @wadeup, @latitudeadjuster, @Pedro Rodriguez, @javi, @David Short, @tim h, @Gus Montoya, @Majorsmackdown, @Rob Schultz
We are registered and I believe we are in condo 21.

So some guys I know are heading to Bimini in the morning below is a link to track them on their Delorme if in body is interested in tracking. The password to access is Bahamas

https://share.delorme.com/BillyandGina

I've been watching these guys for the past 20 minutes or so. The fastest that I have seen them is 14 kts, but several times, including now, they are around 4 kts. I wonder if they are just taking their time, or if they are having issues with waves.

How can you see their speed ?
They posted a msg a few minutes ago. ..
"Having a great time "

How can you see their speed ?
They posted a msg a few minutes ago. ..
"Having a great time "

I just saw that message, it made me feel a lot better.

When you click on a dot or the triangle there is an option for "more" at the bottom of the box that pops up. If you click more, it will open a bigger box showing their lat. and lon. as well as their speed and heading.

I've been watching these guys for the past 20 minutes or so. The fastest that I have seen them is 14 kts, but several times, including now, they are around 4 kts. I wonder if they are just taking their time, or if they are having issues with waves.
Based on the forecast the waves are around 2 feet, so my guess is they are having fun.

@robert843, do you know what they are crossing in?

Our crossing last year was forecast for a four second dominant period. They are facing waves that are even closer together.

TODAY
EAST SOUTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS AROUND
2 FEET. DOMINANT PERIOD 3 SECONDS.

That is some serious chop...small waves but very close together.

I was thinking the same that is not a fun crossing waves on a ski even though the waves are not that large these conditions are likely very similar to Bimini crossing last year just a little smaller. On a ski with a 3 second dominant period it will be hard to get up on plane and stay there. I saw this wave map yesterday and when I saw the wave direction was pushing against the Gulf Stream I knew it wasn't going to be fun even with the small surf.

bimini crossing.png

@robert843, do you know what they are crossing in?

Our crossing last year was forecast for a four second dominant period. They are facing waves that are even closer together.

5 pwc's

It looks like they are heading due north at slow speeds every now and then and then getting on the gas and going south east. I'm guessing that is to keep the waves from hitting them directly in the side of their jetski? (That is pure speculation from someone who has never boated on the ocean and is currently sitting at a desk in Kentucky.)

It looks like they are heading due north at slow speeds every now and then and then getting on the gas and going south east. I'm guessing that is to keep the waves from hitting them directly in the side of their jetski? (That is pure speculation from someone who has never boated on the ocean and is currently sitting at a desk in Kentucky.)
I concur from a desk in North Carolina!!

The due north would mean they are pretty much stopped stopped and the Gulf Stream is pulling them north.

I think only one of these 5 have been before and I know they all made racks for their skis. Even though they tested them I bet they didn't test them in anything like the beating they are getting right now I would bet one or two of them are having issues with the way the gear is packed on the back of the rack and they are stopping to readjust stuff. Seems like a pretty common issue on someones first crossing. They way gear will stay when tested in calm conditions is nothing like what it will do in the ocean.

When they stop the Gulf Stream moves them north.

I didn't realize the Gulf Stream was that quick. I knew there was a little bit of current, but 4 mph or so is impressive.

after seeing the chatter here, I had to click on this to see. Looks like they are getting battered, every few minutes stopping and drifting north. Looks like a slow slog through the waves. I hope they do OK.

I didn't realize the Gulf Stream was that quick. I knew there was a little bit of current, but 4 mph or so is impressive.

It is surprising how quickly and far it will move you. You certainly do not want to break down in the Gulf Stream.

This is from @tim2808's 2014 video

image.png

Back