• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

chris24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I see one of those nearly every weekend. Not really my taste but seems functional
Well since you live right around the corner from me, maybe we've seen the same one.. that picture was taken near Tarpon Springs Florida

SFThoen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What does everyone have for insurance? Mine won't cover it and I've called boat US they won't either! What's some options?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What does everyone have for insurance? Mine won't cover it and I've called boat US they won't either! What's some options?
Check with Allstate, they covered me in the past.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Call Geico. My policy is with BoatUS but apparently they have merged on the insurance side of things.

zedxmike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have progressive and I'm covered for for 100 miles off us shores

SFThoen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I already have Geico they already told me they won't do it.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
on the phone with Boat US insurance...they checking on a rider.

chris24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Need to read your insurance policy specifically. I have Progressive and I am covered 100 miles offshore , but does not cover the Bahamas the three-mile border around it.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I believe progressive does not cover Bahamian water though. You will want to double check but I believe it is something to do with being in a foreign country. That is how mine is written not covered for loss in territorial waters of any other country besides United States and Canada. Just so you can be sure I would double check. I mean you are covered in the crossing where it matters though

Beat me to it @chris24

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Boatus covered my seadoo challenger 21 foot. 2 years ago think it was 150 for the rider.. Tell them you are crossing with a large group of boats

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yea I told Boat US with a large experienced group. They will get back with me tomorrow....if no rider I will go progressive. I just checked progressive and 75 nautical miles.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Need to read your insurance policy specifically. I have Progressive and I am covered 100 miles offshore , but does not cover the Bahamas the three-mile border around it.
yup.....just tow me 5 miles out and I will use my fixed VHF for CG....lol

Last edited:

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea I told Boat US with a large experienced group. They will get back with me tomorrow....if no rider I will go progressive. I just checked progressive and 75 nautical miles.
Please check the last few posts with progressive you are not covered in Bimini/Bahamas. Just the crossing but not in the territorial waters.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If something goes wrong in the Atlantic, pull out your 2" hole saw and give her a toast! When you get back to the states file a theft report. ;)

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If something goes wrong in the Atlantic, pull out your 2" hole saw and give her a toast! When you get back to the states file a theft report. ;)
I'm bringing my 10" hole saw......in case we want to install a sub. LMAO :winkingthumbsup"

SFThoen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just got off the phone with progressive it covers 75 nautical miles. Anything within that you can be at so Bimini would be covered. It's just substantially high annually than all the others.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just got off the phone with progressive it covers 75 nautical miles. Anything within that you can be at so Bimini would be covered. It's just substantially high annually than all the others.
If no go on boat us rider, Ill get progressive then cancel in 30 days...lol....same price as a rider.

SFThoen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What is the boat Us rider?

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What is the boat Us rider?
Temporary extension written permission to Bimini......plus cost of course. They go by your age, experience already listed when you bought insurance, size of boat and if with a group is the most important she mentioned. I told them we have @Bruce so she said I'm good! LOL