• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
"The crew is described as Cajun". That cracked me up. I should have looked you up last summer when I stayed in Breaux Bridge for a few days...
Did you notice his listing in the first thread? I assume that being Cajuns they will be fine with it!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Did you notice his listing in the first thread? I assume that being Cajuns they will be fine with it!
The bar is raised for the pig roast !!!!

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Just wondering if anyone will be headed over on June 21st I believe we will have a small group of skis headed over that day I crossed last year a few days after you guys, learned a lot from this forum and would love to meet up!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just wondering if anyone will be headed over on June 21st I believe we will have a small group of skis headed over that day I crossed last year a few days after you guys, learned a lot from this forum and would love to meet up!
We are waiting to hear from Bimini Sands if they will have refueled the marina by the 20th. If so then I am proposing June 20th to 25th for our group trip.

A group of 75 skis and a group of large sailing cats will be in Bimini June 10 to 13. Then the Boston Whalers will be there the 14 to 18.

Last year our group was in Bimini long after the Whalers. The fuel supply was consistent and the shelves were stocked.

In 2014 the Whalers consumed all the fuel in Bimini and Cat Cay. It was 4 or 5 days from the time the fuel ran out until the tanker arrived then we had to wait most of a day for it to pump fuel to the marina.

Where is your group staying? How many of you? How long are you staying?

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Thanks for the info I was wondering when the Boston Whaler group was going I was getting nervous hoping it wasn't when we would be there cause we need fuel too!
We are going to rent a house this time We stayed at the Hilton last year which was beautiful and the rates were great because of the construction but it would kill the budget this year :-( Right now there are 7 of us, 5 on skis and 2 in a seadoo boat there may be 1 or 2 more joining but I would like to keep it a small group to cross as quickly as possible We were with the group of 22 skis and 2 boats last year but it took us 6 hours to cross.....and not much time to explore Bimini We will be leaving on Sunday the 26th I am hoping to get out to all the beautiful spots this time and revisit the sapona and honeymoon harbor but definitely bring lots of squid for the Rays and lunch for us this time so we can hang out longer!!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We found this great aerial Bimini video this morning. Lots of great places that we have visited and more to explore this year.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We found this great aerial Bimini video this morning. Lots of great places that we have visited and more to explore this year.

I wonder where that little sand bar channel is? The sharks following them was pretty cool I have to imagine they where chumming to attract them.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I also want to know where that sand bar is located.

Here is another great video from the same guy.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
I wonder where that little sand bar channel is? The sharks following them was pretty cool I have to imagine they where chumming to attract them.
@robert843, It is on the north side of the island & one of the entrances to the marsh. Very shallow water and best to attempt at high tide. I end it up grounding ski several times thru the marsh, it wore me out pushing it back to deeper water, but it was fun.
Probably right on chumming, I did see a few in the marsh in very shallow water, scary how fast they can move! I know a guy in Bimini that is a great guide/expert that organizes swim with the sharks tours. Definitely not for the faint of heart, but an awesome experience. He knows his stuff and also uses a great shark repellent that was developed right there in the shark lab when they come too close or get a little to curious.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843, It is on the north side of the island & one of the entrances to the marsh. Very shallow water and best to attempt at high tide. I end it up grounding ski several times thru the marsh, it wore me out pushing it back to deeper water, but it was fun.
Probably right on chumming, I did see a few in the marsh in very shallow water, scary how fast they can move! I know a guy in Bimini that is a great guide/expert that organizes swim with the sharks tours. Definitely not for the faint of heart, but an awesome experience. He knows his stuff and also uses a great shark repellent that was developed right there in the shark lab when they come too close or get a little to curious.
Is this the marsh entrance you are referring to? We have ventured to that long beach on the East side of North Bimini in 2014 and 2015. It is a very long unoccupied beach with very shallow water. We anchored the boat a hundred yards or more from the shore. It is a beautiful and fairly untouched area. @justason found a colony of star fish a little further south in 2014.

image.png image.png

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why dont you see if you can get him set up to give us a safe tour through the marsh on the skis that would be awesome. Either way that was something I didnt do last year I wanted to I may have to talk you into going back there again anyway @JROD

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is this the marsh entrance you are referring to? We have ventured to that long beach on the East side of North Bimini in 2014 and 2015. It is a very long unoccupied beach with very shallow water. We anchored the boat a hundred yards or more from the shore. It is a beautiful and fairly untouched area. @justason found a colony of star fish a little further south in 2014.

View attachment 32113 View attachment 32114
@Bruce wasnt me. We went about 10miles due north of the bimini point looking for a plane wreck and found a few starfish. @waterboy explored that area in his boat....I'm not brave 'nuff for shallows like that hashtag-lovemyintakes

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce Yeah that was me in 2014. Water wasn't too bad at high tide back there. I figured those pics above were from the backside somewhere. Probably fairly reasonable at high tide and taking your time so you don't go in too far too fast. Low tide... no way.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does anyone know the difference between the passport card & passport book? The card is so much cheaper but hated to get it & have trouble using it.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does anyone know the difference between the passport card & passport book? The card is so much cheaper but hated to get it & have trouble using it.
its about acceptance. The card is not accepted for air travel I believe. that may be ok for boating to/from Bimini. But should a significant medical emergency arise there could be a transportation issue.

edit: FWIW I renewed by passport book this year. took about 2 weeks...I was surprised !

Last edited: