• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

Nathan_85

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guys what items besides flares, vhf radio, gps are required for the cross? I am trully thinking of going with my family +3 but need to know what else is needed so i can prepare before hand and guesstimate the money to spend.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guys what items besides flares, vhf radio, gps are required for the cross? I am trully thinking of going with my family +3 but need to know what else is needed so i can prepare before hand and guesstimate the money to spend.
Lots of places in Bimini take cards last year I brought $1000 cash and came back with $800 as I was able to use cards the whole trip basically. Total trip cost seems to average $3500-$4500 per boat. You do need cash for your boating permit. You also need passports for everyone including kids it doesn't matter the age. How many people are you thinking of bringing for family and 3 more or you family of 3?

Nathan_85

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Me, wife + 2 daughters

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That should be about correct then. The restaurant at Bimini Sands I thought was very reasonable it was only in the $12-$15 a head range and most packed food for the whole week. Gas and lodging will be your main costs unless you decide to do it up big as there are places you can spend money over there if you want and there are places you can eat and do things reasonably as well.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nathan we would love to have you.

Flares are the only Coast Guard required item above what is required for lake use.

I tend to take more cash than I need and bring back the excess. Bimini Sands was allowing fuel and food to be charged to your condo and paid at checkout in 2015. Bimini Blue Water on the North Island also takes plastic but prefers cash and offers a cash discount.

In 2014 and 2015 my bank flagged my debit card as stolen when I tried to check out at the Publix near the launch ramp in Fort Lauderdale. In 2015 BOA flagged a credit card as stolen when I tried to pay at the resteraunt at Bimini Sands. So I find it easier to pay cash for everything other than the room.

rollosan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
getsome.jpg

Bruce, this is what I would take out in 20+ seas. This day was about 10' - 15' beyond the reef, this was just trying to get out past the seawall.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 31981

Bruce, this is what I would take out in 20+ seas. This day was about 10' - 15' beyond the reef, this was just trying to get out past the seawall.
Cool pic I have never had me ski out in 20ft waves 8-10 is about my biggest I would never take a boat out in that but ski is a whole different world I wouldn't hesitate to have my ski out in that it looks like fun.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Cool pic I have never had me ski out in 20ft waves 8-10 is about my biggest I would never take a boat out in that but ski is a whole different world I wouldn't hesitate to have my ski out in that it looks like fun.
@robert843, lots of fun! And the occasional crack hull, torn engine mounts etc. That's how I sank a couple of water scooters. Similar to hurricane surf riding on NC coast, but best not to go out by yourself and start out slow. It is like jumping out of planes. Not the high jump that's hard, is mastering the landing! ;-)

chris24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I believe my wife and I came in at under $3,000 last year not counting the GPS I bought before we left. We also brought all of our own food and cooked all our own meals and made sandwiches for lunches. Our biggest expenditure while in Bimini was for gas which ran $500.

Nathan_85

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe my wife and I came in at under $3,000 last year not counting the GPS I bought before we left. We also brought all of our own food and cooked all our own meals and made sandwiches for lunches. Our biggest expenditure while in Bimini was for gas which ran $500.
Thank you for this info guys, i am talking to a cost guard friend of mine and he is giving me a list of items they normally inspect when they board your boat so stay tune for that! But we still trying to find out if we are going or not... Hopefully we will!

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
MrMoose has registered to captain "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Proplems!" with a crew of 3 adults and 2 children. They hail from the home port of Lake Conroe, Texas.

The crew is described as: My beautiful wife Cheryl, my father-in-law Bill, and my two Bimini-hardened crew members Matthieu (16) and Ben (12)

You can register for the event using the form at https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2016-registration.6/respond

chris24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
MrMoose has registered to captain "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Proplems!" with a crew of 3 adults and 2 children. They hail from the home port of Lake Conroe, Texas.

The crew is described as: My beautiful wife Cheryl, my father-in-law Bill, and my two Bimini-hardened crew members Matthieu (16) and Ben (12)

You can register for the event using the form at https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2016-registration.6/respond
Woo Hoo, My wife and I are going to follow you all around. We know you got the hot dogs and the grill.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Woo Hoo, My wife and I are going to follow you all around. We know you got the hot dogs and the grill.
I'll bring extra dogs @chris24 . Logistics should be interesting this year. I originally just wanted to go with my two boys, but the older one wouldn't go unless his grandfather came... then when grandpa decided to come, my wife decided that she wanted to come. It started out as a simple boys trip (me and my two sons, like last year)... I might have to rename my boat "The more the merrier."

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MrMoose your going to have to start charging for those things lol. I remember last year you pulled that grill out at the little beach in North Bimini that @1948Isaac @Bruce you and I where at I didn't have one but they smelt great.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Nathan_85 do your self a favor and book it and go. It will be the best vacation you and your family ever have been on it will be something you kids remember forever. You cant put a price tag on something like that. Best example ask one of your kids what the got for Christmas 2 or 3 years ago likely the won't remember then two or three years after this trip ask them about it and they will remember the whole thing.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
If my wife gets too squawky because of the rough ride, I'll stick her on the back of @JROD 's ski.
@MrMoose , LMAO! Don't think she'll go for that, but maybe we can do some bartering on some jet ski rides for some of that great food of yours. ;-)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If my wife gets too squawky because of the rough ride, I'll stick her on the back of @JROD 's ski.
You know that when @JROD is riding the ski he wears one of those shirts that says if you can read this that means she fell off!