• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
1000 miles later we are home....thanks to @Bruce @MrMoose and @chris24 for the safe lead across and around bimini. The family and I met some great people and made some great friends. My family definitely voted best vacation eva......

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
IMG_20160621_134537.jpg

IMG_20160622_213121.jpg

received_1636847373308669.jpeg

They couldn't keep fuel or rum on hand....just sayin....lol

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski, @latitudeadjuster, did either of you happen to get a picture or video of my big splash going into Port Everglades?

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
1000 miles later we are home....thanks to @Bruce @MrMoose and @chris24 for the safe lead across and around bimini. The family and I met some great people and made some great friends. My family definitely voted best vacation eva......
I boated on Anna today.
Called it a fresh water rinse (fun) run.

Welcome home a expect to see you around the Lake this Summer.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok so I have seen a bunch of pics but where is the group photo from honeymoon harbor of everyone from the potluck someone did get one correct? Here is last years.

groupphoto.jpg

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@swatski, @latitudeadjuster, did either of you happen to get a picture or video of my big splash going into Port Everglades?
I didnt....but that was one heck of a sub move.....looked like a lot of water.....lol....I seen you squeegee the water from your face ....lol

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you to everyone who posted info on this trip. We are planning to go next year.

@S Elgin Does anyone remember the fuel octane rating on Bimini. One of our skis requires 90+
@S Elgin In Bimini Sands it was 91 octane, no ethanol. I have had a conversation with several tenders there about this topic, they only carry 91, non-ethanol. I have had my ECU reflashed back to stock for the whole trip, but the gas seemed really good quality, just the way that things sounded. I would not know if there are batch to batch differences that are significant, but they go through gas quickly and I have a feeling it is always fresh.

Again, that is just one week worth of experience with one place over there.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did the bow cover help?
@robert843 I loved having it there. We did not take any water over it, which was surprising. But it was great to have it there, kept a lot of the spray off of the inside of the cockpit. The 190/192s do not have the gate/door under the windshield.

I will post my impressions of how the 190 do overall, separately.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@latitudeadjuster Jack - I miss you sexy voice waking me up on the VHF radio every morning with a small vessel advisory. Love you, man.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpeg @swatski how much fuel did you burn on the return crossing? On the way to Bimini I was at WOT bouncing off the rev limited the entire trip (quickly closing weather window), burned right at 24 gallons. On the way back we kept it at 6800-7000 rpm and burned 15.5 gallons.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 40301 @swatski how much fuel did you burn on the return crossing? On the way to Bimini I was at WOT bouncing off the rev limited the entire trip (quickly closing weather window), burned right at 24 gallons. On the way back we kept it at 6800-7000 rpm and burned 15.5 gallons.
@ThatJeepGuy Going there I was compensating a lot and working the throttle to dampen the waves' impact, I was worried about wife turning us around. Used about 27 gallons, but that was with a lot of acceleration/deceleration to cushion the ride. Going back was more of a strait shot, I used 22 gallons. That is total, to the Harbour Towne.

EDIT: I guess your friend did bring some beer to Bimini, didn't he? LOL.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We also had a bad blow out on the way back, in the middle of Tennessee. It was in heavy traffic, on a bridge with no shoulder, single axle trailer... Not fun. Had to roll off the bridge to get some room to change it.
Everything was closed, too. We found a Wally world and got a spare there, fortunately, just in case. No more issues further down the road after that!
Brought it home, will see if the new rim is still good.
upload_2016-6-27_12-11-15.png

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We also had a bad blow out on the way back, in the middle of Tennessee. It was in heavy traffic, on a bridge with no shoulder, single axle trailer... Not fun. Had to roll off the bridge to get some room to change it.
Everything was closed, too. We found a Wally world and got a spare there, fortunately, just in case. No more issues further down the road after that!
Brought it home, will see if the new rim is still good.
View attachment 40302
That had to make you pucker! It always scares me this will happen and not fun with single axle.

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
View attachment 40301 @swatski how much fuel did you burn on the return crossing? On the way to Bimini I was at WOT bouncing off the rev limited the entire trip (quickly closing weather window), burned right at 24 gallons. On the way back we kept it at 6800-7000 rpm and burned 15.5 gallons.
That is a killer pic and looks like the inside of a washing machine.. WOW..

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
On the way to Florida I thought I checked my tires in my sideview mirrors a thousand times that's one time per mile. On the way home I didn't really give a crap lol the trip was complete