• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I gotta brag..... did anyone else besides @Bruce see my son back the trailer down the ramp to load? he backed it down like a champ! He's been helping me load and launch jet boats for the last 10 years since he was 7. I wasn't sure how he was going to do it under pressure of everybody being there but he did it.

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I gotta brag..... did anyone else besides @Bruce see my son back the trailer down the ramp to load? he backed it down like a champ! He's been helping me load and launch jet boats for the last 10 years since he was 7. I wasn't sure how he was going to do it under pressure of everybody being there but he did it.
Very handy to have a second skilled trailer operator. Nice !

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
He did, About ten 12 packs worth. On North Bimini it was $30 per 12 pack for Coors lite...
At the poolside, it looked like he wanted to shove the Coors Light somewhere as he was reminiscing about the crossing. I hope he wasn't lookin' at me.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Very handy to have a second skilled trailer operator. Nice !
We won't talk about how my wife almost mounted our boat on one of the three sisters...like for real....omg. right @MrMoose ...the stories

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok so I have seen a bunch of pics but where is the group photo from honeymoon harbor of everyone from the potluck someone did get one correct? Here is last years.

View attachment 40284
We can't show ours....most were neked from rum!!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Jim was having problems with a new lanyard, boat kept cutting off and his group kept going. We were pleasantly surprised to see him here when we got back as they had food. Lol. We were starving.

We made it 13 miles out or so. I started seeing the rack on the back of Karies ski coming loose, so I flagged Dirk down thinking we'd just take the rack off and put it on his boat. Then I noticed mine also failing. That, plus the water was pretty rough, I was taking lots of waves to the face, and just had a bad feeling so we came back.

As soon as we entered the inlet, the Ride system on Karies ski failed. 3mph limp mode all the way back to the marina. Everything happens for a reason. We ignored a bunch of signs, glad we finally turned around. I don't think anyone would've wanted to tow her ski the rest of the way and back.

I hated to read this @veedubtek. If you don't mind, let us know what you find out about the Ride system as I'm interesting in hearing what failed.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Jim was having problems with a new lanyard, boat kept cutting off and his group kept going. We were pleasantly surprised to see him here when we got back as they had food. Lol. We were starving.
I think some of us would like to know more about this lanyard problem....

We'd also like to know why this issue wasn't told over the multiple attempts to contact Jim over the radio.
We'd like to know why H was having so much trouble keeping his vessel going straigh in the no wake zone while in route to the turning basin. Or how he almost bumped into another jetboaters while idling in the bay waiting to exit the port. My crew would like to know why the captain nearly fell off the stern of his boat while waiting to exit Port Everglades. We'd also like to know after the 3rd attempt for H to plane off he headed dead south along the coast for around a mile before finally answering his VHF radio.

Nobody wanted to leave this vessel behind. Clearly there was a danger to him, his crew, and the rest of Mr. Moose's group if H attempted to continue on. Without knowing your boat and having a useable radio we'd all be in danger. It may seem as I'm throwing stones but there has to be more to this story than what is being told.

Edit @Jim Hernandez

Last edited:

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Alright ladies and gents are you watching Shark Week on Discovery? On right now is Shallow Water Discovery and they are in Bimini tracking large Hammerheads. They are showing the Bimini area in the back ground.. CRAZY!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I hated to read this @veedubtek. If you don't mind, let us know what you find out about the Ride system as I'm interesting in hearing what failed.
Looks like a loose strap from the rack, and a ton of seagrass just got tied up in the gate. Pulled it out of the water and cleared everything out, and all operation resumed normally. I'm assuming all is well now, but we haven't had it back on the water yet. If anything changes, I'll let ya know @Ramblin Wreck !

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Alright ladies and gents are you watching Shark Week on Discovery? On right now is Shallow Water Discovery and they are in Bimini tracking large Hammerheads. They are showing the Bimini area in the back ground.. CRAZY!
We are watching shark week. Most of what we see in Bimini are nurse or lemon sharks but occasionally we see larger sharks. The hammerheads are not considered to be a threat. The bull and tiger sharks are a little more concerning. But there are very few shark attacks in Bimini, perhaps one per decade.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I gotta say a great thanks to @tim h for bringing my son out fishing a couple times....my son is all about fishing and this really made the best of his graduation present fulfilled!!

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We are watching shark week. Most of what we see in Bimini are nurse or lemon sharks but occasionally we see larger sharks. The hammerheads are not considered to be a threat. The bull and tiger sharks are a little more concerning. But there are very few shark attacks in Bimini, perhaps one per decade.
I'm lucky enuff to be that once in a decade....just sayin

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are watching "Sharks Among Us". How many of you recognize the shark cages at Big Game Club? Some of our kids were standing right over them on Monday.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think some of us would like to know more about this lanyard problem....

We'd also like to know why this issue wasn't told over the multiple attempts to contact Jim over the radio.
We'd like to know why H was having so much trouble keeping his vessel going straigh in the no wake zone while in route to the turning basin. Or how he almost bumped into another jetboaters while idling in the bay waiting to exit the port. My crew would like to know why the captain nearly fell off the stern of his boat while waiting to exit Port Everglades. We'd also like to know after the 3rd attempt for H to plane off he headed dead south along the coast for around a mile before finally answering his VHF radio.

Nobody wanted to leave this vessel behind. Clearly there was a danger to him, his crew, and the rest of Mr. Moose's group if H attempted to continue on. Without knowing your boat and having a useable radio we'd all be in danger. It may seem as I'm throwing stones but there has to be more to this story than what is being told.
Thanks for speaking up @ThatJeepGuy
It's hard to say whether the whole story will ever be told. From my perspective, when H caught up to us the first time, I could see that his radio was not transmitting when he was talking into it. My concern was that it was malfunctioning or that it was not being operated correctly. Nothing was said about an engine problem. The two problems that were communicated via radio were firstly that the bimini top broke, and secondly that weeds clogged up the impellers. Radio communication was not used to advise our group that he had stopped. Eventually, after receiving multiple radio communications from H's wife, saying that they were coming, I was convinced that their ability to communicate via VHF was no longer an issue; it was at that point that I felt comfortable advising them to return to port and it was also at that point that we moved on. The time lost at the start of our crossing put us out of radio communication with the other groups, caused our weather window to shrink, and gave us rougher seas to cross in. In the end, we safely made it to Bimini, and H safely made it back to port, which isn't such a bad ending.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I boated on Anna today.
Called it a fresh water rinse (fun) run.

Welcome home a expect to see you around the Lake this Summer.
You shoulda came by...I could have got on lake here..we were home

We need to have a jet boaters day. I offered one last year....we had fun with a few.