• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sunday, early? So we would all launch and head right out Sunday AM?
The earlier the better. Those that could get into the water and at Bahia Mar on Saturday would have an easier day. The rest of us would spend hours sitting in the sun waiting for the last arrivals.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The earlier the better. Those that could get into the water and at Bahia Mar on Saturday would have an easier day. The rest of us would spend hours sitting in the sun waiting for the last arrivals.
I would agree 100% for those who are able to leave Bahia Mar by 6am I would go then if another group needed to make a crossing later in that day u guys could reach out to each other and make plans to do so and split into different groups. And any one who needed to cross a different day could form a group to cross when and if the weather let up. Once again as Bruce mentioned this is if any of the day's work out.

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
As of now I'm stuck with Monday for departure date due to the work schedule of some of my crew. Hopefully the forecast change so we all can go out as planed.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bruce My crew & I will be in the water on Saturday & could do Sunday if all looks good.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We can push and do Sunday.
Either way, I'm committed to stick with @Bruce.

BgTravis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Our crew can leave Sunday pending return forecast and weather forecast

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For anybody who has a reservation at Bahia Mar Marina, their cancellation policy is that the reservation must be cancelled 72 hours prior to the date of arrival to avoid a 1 night dockage penalty fee.
In addition, I just got off the phone with them, and I think that they still have slips available.
If you already have a slip reserved, it would be a good idea to call them at 954-627-6309 to confirm that your reservation is in their system. Mine was not, so I just finished booking another one.
Don't bother emailing Sasha because she is not working today.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All else fails, ask for Terry when you call marina office. She is a sweetheart!

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So we would have to cancel sunday night by thurs? Are we going with sunday departure?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So we would have to cancel sunday night by thurs? Are we going with sunday departure?
Everything is up in the air at this point. @MrMoose, @chris24 and I are having a call Thursday morning to discuss the weather data. The forecast is very fluid at this time. The window on Sunday has already started to close.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I spoke with Terry at the marina and they'll allow you to change your reservation. She said that the 72 hour cancellation applies if you cancel the reservation.

Manchild

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I cannot make it for a Sunday crossing, so I'd be out if that is the decision. I'll probably decide by tomorrow whether I'm in or out as my back up plan is a week in Destin, FL. I'm trying to arrange accommodations for the family and boat in Destin next week if this trip does not pan out, but I'll need to pull the trigger soon as availability is drying up. The weather for Destin looks pretty good for next week - just saying. It won't be Bimini, but it is a nice area to explore by boat, or so they say.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Rum is cheaper on Sunday in bimimi....so the problem is.....lol

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
http://marine.weather.gov/MapClick.php?zoneid=AMZ671#.V2BqMrsrKBZ

Saturday
Southwest winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas around 2 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop. A chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Saturday Night
West southwest winds around 5 knots. Seas less than 2 feet. Intracoastal waters smooth. A chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Sunday
Northwest winds around 5 knots becoming east northeast in the afternoon. Seas around 2 feet building to 2 to 4 feet with occasional seas to 5 feet in the afternoon. Intracoastal waters smooth. A chance of showers and thunderstorms.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
5.5 days till bimini16 launch....give or take 72 hours...lol