• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
About a week before we left home I learned the ski locker holds rain water since the boat sits nose down and water leaks in from the front edge of the ski locker hatch. Luckily amazon delivered these dry bags quickly and our clothes stayed nice and dry.

This reminds me - my ski hatch door barely opened when I got the boat but a simple relocation of the doors' bracket allowed full opening. I had to shave the walk-through door track a little on the bottom so it wouldn't cut into the seadek on the ski locker hatch when fully opened.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have always kept our clothing in dry bags in the ski locker. Dry bags are unnecessary since the worst case scenario is that you have to rewash your clothes when you get to Bimini. But they would have saved @MrMoose a lot of trouble;)

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We have always kept our clothing in dry bags in the ski locker. Dry bags are unnecessary since the worst case scenario is that you have to rewash your clothes when you get to Bimini. But they would have saved @MrMoose a lot of trouble;)
Yup....I got 2 of the large bags...held all 5 crews clothes. 52 bucks per bag on amazon.

Last edited:

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Yes.....but.... Wet clothes are really heavy. And travelling light is nice.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wow you mustve got bigger ones than i could find. Send me a link - id like one more. Ours are 40 liters i think and about 25-30 bucks each.
So John, you are going after another man's, bigger bag?!
Things are a little rough between you and your bride since she attempted to mound the second Sister and gave you are jet facial??
;-)

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The first year we packed pretty heavy with our XL dry bags 3/4 full for our crew of four. The last two we have filled them perhaps 50% for the trip there and always seem to have more in them for the trip home.

We pack our travel clothes in them as well. I get funny looks walking into hotels with dry bag on each shoulder but it works great.

When we arrive in Bimini we unload both of our dry bags in the condo then go back to the boat and start loading the food and other loose items into them.

They are very useful. My only complaint is that the plastic clips on the single shoulder straps are insufficient for the weight we put in the bags so I have to put the dual hand straps over my shoulders.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mrs. Moose was pretty pissed when I gave her 3 heavy duffel bags of wet clothes the night before our departure. I was worried about the extra weight of the wet clothes, so "we" used the laundry facilities at Bahia Mar to dry things up. The crew unanimously concluded that the captain should have known better.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Mrs. Moose was pretty pissed when I gave her 3 heavy duffel bags of wet clothes the night before our departure. I was worried about the extra weight of the wet clothes, so "we" used the laundry facilities at Bahia Mar to dry things up. The crew unanimously concluded that the captain should have known better.
I didnt want to bring that up... @MrMoose spent many nights sleeping at the pool. ...lol...shoot I been in the doghouse so much when people come over I don't know whether to shake their hand of sniff their hinds...:D

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is one of the videos of @Rana swimming with the dolphins. Due to limited shopping options in Bimini she had to settle for swimming with dolphins, rum and lobster from the nicest restaurant on the island for her birthday.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is one of the videos of @Rana swimming with the dolphins. Due to limited shopping options in Bimini she had to settle for swimming with dolphins, rum and lobster from the nicest restaurant on the island for her birthday.

That's worth the price of admission right there!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sharks vs Dolphins on Discovery Channel tonight was filmed in Bimini with the support of BFFS Shark Lab.

We are having a lot of fun watching the Bimini Shark Week content.

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpeg

As far as I know Bruce is the tire changing champ of bimini fling '16

And with this photo I can only add. 'nuf said

SFThoen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sharks vs Dolphins on Discovery Channel tonight was filmed in Bimini with the support of BFFS Shark Lab.

We are having a lot of fun watching the Bimini Shark Week content.
Agreed! There has been a ton of Bimini footage!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's worth the price of admission right there!
You need to bring your son over next year. @Rana and I finally found the dolphins last year. This year I believe everyone who went out looking for them was swamped with dolphins. We found them in three locations that were within a few miles of last years spot. So I think we have plenty of intel to locate them next year. We also found that having multiple boats running in different directions was very helpful.

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Swimming with dolphins was the highlight of this trip and probably my entire boating life. Thanks for getting us there !

image.jpeg

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Being able to tag along with @Bruce and family was a great way to spend our last day in Bimini. Fishing at 3 Sisters, Dolphins, North Beach. Thanks for showing us some of the gems of Bimini.