• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot Lateral Thruster Debut!!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@DrGamecock thanks! We're really excited to hear customer feedback!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Update on Lateral Thruster Ship Dates for Pre-Sale Customers

We've begun printing parts as of yesterday and have experienced some technical trouble with the materials that we ordered. We have an engineer on the job and we're hoping to get the machines dialed in this week. We still plan to ship some units this month (first order in = first order out) but to be honest many will have to be shipped in October. We don't like to promise and then not deliver but I am sorry to say that we were not able to hit our goal of shipping all pre-sale orders this month. We will keep you posted as we make additional progress.

Thank you for your support and we appreciate your business and allowing us to be a part of this amazing community!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
3D printing is a labor of love, and once the machines are fully dialed in (Bed leveling will be heard multiple times) and have printed several pieces you will know all is well...All the filaments absorb water before printing, so be sure to keep any unpacked filament in a watertight compartment with desiccant. (Once printed underwater service is no problem, but before printing exposure to humidity is an issue) Since you have the expert on site he knows this way more than me, but I'm happy to pass on the little knowledge I've acquired as a hobbyist.

Best of Luck!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks @Beachbummer! We're learning a lot right now and I appreciate all the info we can get. It is a challenge but I believe we're up for it. We hope to have quality parts starting today!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I believe I may be the first person to install and test the Lateral Thrust Enhancers and have some feedback. First, let me start at the end. This mod is already one of my favorites and I believe everyone will share the same experience!

Install:

The packaging is nice. Everything is strategically wrapped by use. The items used to mount the device to the jet pump are separated from the items that are used to attach the straps and those are also separated from the standoffs and other mounting items. When you remove the bolt from the bottom of the jet pump where the LTE will be mounted, there is a standoff you will reuse so make sure to retain it. That is the only part that is reused. There will be one for each pump.

The install should take anyone 10 minutes per side (if you follow the directions). Install was a breeze. As usual, Will and team did an amazing job preparing the instructions and even included a QR code that takes you to the YouTube install video. There are 2 things I suggest paying attention to:

1. Pay attention to the order by which you place the washer on the bolt, then place the new stand off over the bolt, then insert the bolt into the LTE, then place the next washer over the bolt, and finally place the last stand off (previously removed from the OEM part) on the bolt. The order is important, so pay attention to the video.

2. In the video, Will explains that the holes that are used for the straps on the port side will contain crud and its important to clear and clean the holes out. If you don't it will be very difficult to screw in the bolts. I sprayed rust eater in the holes and used a tiny brush to get the crud out. Even at that it took me a couple turns for the bolts to start freely turning.

There are only 3 items needed that do not come with the package. You will need a ratchet, a 12mm socket and a 10mm socket. All the bolts that are shipped with the package will use allen wrenches which are included in the package.

The device itself is very solid and fits solidly onto the jet pump. It fit as if it is OEM. If there is any play, you will know that the stand offs are not properly seated.

All in all the install is so stinking easy.........

Product use:

The Product is great. There is a very noticeable difference. @JCampbell and his wife rode with my wife and I on the Peoria run we did this past weekend with 7 other boats from this site. When my wife launched us, I put the boat in reverse (1st indent with not throttles applied) and turned the steering wheel hard over to one side. The boat spun in it's own space, which it could not do before. @JCampbell and his wife could not believe the response. We all were super geeked!

A couple times on the trip (anytime there was a dock involved), I tried a few different maneuvers at the dock. Consistently, the aft of the boat responded immediately to throttle input when I gave it throttle. If I used a single throttle, the boat responded even more. With both throttles in use one LTE would be doing the work (laterally) and the other pump would be working in the rearward direction. When using 1 throttle, the one LTE would be working primarily laterally and the other pump would be "neutral" and therefore the lateral movement is greater.

I tried to walk the boat to the dock in a direct manner, but the LTE works so well that the aft would move much quicker than the forward section of the boat. I found the perfect maneuver was when I put the nose towards the dock and used the throttle for the opposite pump to move the aft laterally towards the dock. The aft literally moved directly towards the dock without creeping backwards. This was very impressive!

All in all the product was very responsive and exceeded my expectations. I actually have to adjust how I use the throttles around the dock since I get much more response now. This mod makes me feel a little more comfortable with my wife or others docking the boat since they will have much more control.

Thanks @JetBoatPilot and team! I'm a believer!

Last edited:

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
nice writeup
i can not wait to test. mine are installed and ready for this Saturday... going to be a very nice 82 degrees in east TN
How did the test go?

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
How did the test go?
@JetBoatPilot What an amazing product. Docking with the lateral thruster is amazing. So much control is given to the captain. Everything is so precise. This product is worth every penny and more. I appreciate all you work that you have put into it. I love my jet boat, but always had a little anxiety around docks. The lateral thruster has basically eliminated that.
I look forward to showing off around the docks : ) next season.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@CAM212SS would you mind writing a review for the website?

Thank you for your write-up! It will be a huge help to others!

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We designed a new cross member for Thrust Vector XVs in 2016 that integrated a spray guard and has completely resolved the spray issue.
@JetBoatPilot I talked to Kelly today and my spray guard cross member is on its way. I know it will be here soon, but do you have a picture? I just really curious.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot what is current turn around time from a new order to shipped?

Last edited:

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Neutron the current wait is about 2.5 months. But if you order now you'll save $50 off retail. Parts will be either cast or billet aluminum depending on which version you need.

Twin will be cast aluminum and single will be billet.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Go to the website and click products, lateral thrusters then click on the product. Once it comes up you should see a text field that says write a review.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@motoman006 you can order Lateral Thrusters at pre sale pricing online but to take advantage of the combo you'll need to call 850-867-1410.

Lateral Thrusters should be shipping late December.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hrm... This is something I could put on my boat while it's shrinkwrapped... I don't really have much of any issue around the docks as it is now (and I'm finless) ... might drop the wife a hint for xmas gift ideas on this.

edit... that is assuming my boat is repaired by then!! ;-).

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hrm... This is something I could put on my boat while it's shrinkwrapped... I don't really have much of any issue around the docks as it is now (and I'm finless) ... might drop the wife a hint for xmas gift ideas on this.

edit... that is assuming my boat is repaired by then!! ;-).

you will love the enhanced control it gives by pushing the stern sideways at a much greater rate than OEM