• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot Lateral Thruster / Thrust Vector Group Buy 2018

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
With a single engine fins down at speed would be my number one priority, not so much for surfing but for everything else, IMO (I used to have a 190 and did a lot of watersports behind it). Fortunately, not mutually exclusive with LTs.

--
Yeah going 50 plus in chop is pretty fucking nerve racking. I just don't have the control I feel I could have . Although I can't imagine the boats before the new keel.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's what I'm debating, in my head!
Are you going to pull a "@ttzz" - by adding one Fang per side? He reported vastly improved stability with that setup (vs no fangs at all). My boat tracks so good right now, and I'm most definitely keeping the (Cobra) fins, as much as I love mods and experimenting I'm really on the fence with this one...
When we surf, moving the stern sideways to position the boat next to the surfer (exactly where he needs to be... - not to be obliterated by the jets) - is the main driver of my interest I think.

If this comes close to the threshold I may be in for a pair of LTs. You know, just to be team player. (Definitely a safety mod, too, lol, right?)

--
I was going to wait, but @seanmclean reminded me that next month is September and I really want some seadek... need to split the costs for CFO...
I bought the Ultimates with original single fang used, they arrived in a JBP TV box... LOL. I had contacted Jeff about them and he sent me the instructions (going to use them to make sure all is installed properly tomorrow.) That setup was a huge improvement for my 2011. bow wander is near gone and reverse is decidedly better. However, the extra control the LT give is a "safety" purchase to me. I see no reason that these should interfere or interact with the CJUltimates.

Chester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So it seems the consensus is to go with CJ Ultimate and LT combo...is that correct for current 2018 24ft boats? I just don't want to buy the TV and wish I got the CJ instead. And can someone confirm 100% that they work together without any special modifications.

TIA

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you going to pull a "@ttzz" - by adding one Fang per side? He reported vastly improved stability with that setup (vs no fangs at all). My boat tracks so good right now, and I'm most definitely keeping the (Cobra) fins, as much as I love mods and experimenting I'm really on the fence with this one...
When we surf, moving the stern sideways to position the boat next to the surfer (exactly where he needs to be... - not to be obliterated by the jets) - is the main driver of my interest I think.

If this comes close to the threshold I may be in for a pair of LTs. You know, just to be team player. (Definitely a safety mod, too, lol, right?)

--
I’m going to go the @ttzz way. I’m going to go back to the regular fang with LT’s and hopefully just raise the fin one screw hole for clearance and have the best of both worlds.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah going 50 plus in chop is pretty fucking nerve racking. I just don't have the control I feel I could have . Although I can't imagine the boats before the new keel.
Well, Going 50 in chop is one way, but you don't HAVE to go 50 when there is chop!!!If you lower the speed a little you may find a more pleasant ride...

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So it seems the consensus is to go with CJ Ultimate and LT combo...is that correct for current 2018 24ft boats? I just don't want to buy the TV and wish I got the CJ instead. And can someone confirm 100% that they work together without any special modifications.

TIA
If you are going to go this route you need the CJ Magnum AK with regular fangs and JBP lateral thrusters for an AR240. Unless you were talking about the JBP fins.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol. I just bought a wrist bracelet to hook to the safety lanyard.

Chester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you are going to go this route you need the CJ Magnum AK with regular fangs and JBP lateral thrusters for an AR240. Unless you were talking about the JBP fins.
So the Magnum AK with Cobra AK fangs...what about the Mega fangs?
Thanks

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

--
Yeah these things are the bomb when positioning and staying positioned for riders.
For full effect just remember, full turn in direction you want to push stern and use a single opposite-side throttle of your turn. In other words full right turn and left throttle gives you full thruster effect for stern right push. Almost no backwards movement and great lateral thrust. Just add some same side throttle to add in some backwards movement if needed. As anything new, just have to play around with it, you now will have 2 extra thrust vectors to mix into your control tricks. Hopefully you will love them as much as I do.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the Magnum AK with Cobra AK fangs...what about the Mega fangs?
Thanks
The mega fangs won’t fit with the lateral thrusters. The CJ Magnum AK are fins, the fangs attach to the fins. I know it’s a little confusing at first. You would need the regular fangs to make it all work together.

Chester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The mega fangs won’t fit with the lateral thrusters. The CJ Magnum AK are fins, the fangs attach to the fins. I know it’s a little confusing at first. You would need the regular fangs to make it all work together.
Gotcha! Thanks for the input. Not sure yet if I'll go CJ or TV, but definitely in for LT.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
In case you got this impression from my post, I was only talking about the 19' articulated keel boats.

Gotcha! Thanks for the input. Not sure yet if I'll go CJ or TV, but definitely in for LT.
Keep in mind that CJ and TV are completely different products with different purposes. i.e. if you want fins down at speed there is only one option.
If you only want wake-mode maneuverability, then TV will do that.

Greg P

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would like to join the buy does anybody know if lateral thrusters are compatible with this old style Cobra Jet fins? The type you had to drill into the nozzles to mount. I read that some CJS could work with LT minus the warranty. I didn't find anything on the older CJS fins on my '09 AR210. Thanks!

IMG_7313.JPG IMG_7315.JPG

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would like to join the buy does anybody know if lateral thrusters are compatible with this old style Cobra Jet fins? The type you had to drill into the nozzles to mount. I read that some CJS could work with LT minus the warranty. I didn't find anything on the older CJS fins on my '09 AR210. Thanks!

View attachment 81068 View attachment 81069
Will not work to the best of my knowledge. Others may chime in.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
UPDATE!!!

Lateral Thruster 34
Thrust Vector 26

As of 4:30 Friday Aug 10

Max discount levels are now inevitable and we'll begin processing payments next week for those of you who have not paid yet. Bear in mind that the 35% discount only applies if all 35 sets are paid for in full. We have till the end of the month to finalize everything. If you're in the group buy and have not paid yet I would suggest calling our office on Monday and make the arrangements so that shipping can begin immediately.

GO GO GO!!!!