• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot Lateral Thruster / Thrust Vector Group Buy 2018

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not getting it, it’s no different than the fangs, the boat reverses intuitively with both fangs or LTs. Crank the wheel to the right in reverse and the stern will go right whether you have LTs or fangs. Your confusion makes me wonder if you installed the LTs on the wrong sides so they are backwards (not sure if that is possible though). I actually have both LTs and original fangs on my boat (fangs slight modified at a different angle so they don’t block the LTs)
I have them installed correctly. I just noticed by midday Saturday after playing water Taxi for family (we ended up using three of the four public landings on Lake Wylie...) that I was consistently backwards. I've ordered some yellow tape for the steering wheel as a big portion of my problem is knowing where the steering wheel is in relation to the jets. I'd either have the wheel the wrong way or have the wrong engine engaged to do the swing. (i.e. i'd put one motor in neutral, other in reverse and it'd be the inverse of the direction my steering wheel was pointing. ) It's a matter of practice I feel as once I'd notice by turning around I'd flip either reversing engine or wheel and it'd get me right.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I have them installed correctly. I just noticed by midday Saturday after playing water Taxi for family (we ended up using three of the four public landings on Lake Wylie...) that I was consistently backwards. I've ordered some yellow tape for the steering wheel as a big portion of my problem is knowing where the steering wheel is in relation to the jets. I'd either have the wheel the wrong way or have the wrong engine engaged to do the swing. (i.e. i'd put one motor in neutral, other in reverse and it'd be the inverse of the direction my steering wheel was pointing. ) It's a matter of practice I feel as once I'd notice by turning around I'd flip either reversing engine or wheel and it'd get me right.
I see. I just didn't understand when you said "I guess I just need to train myself to think in reverse and it's going to take some time to unlearn what I had with the fangs." because there isn't anything to unlearn. The wheel turn in reverse is no different with fangs than with thrusters, they both are "port turn in reverse = port swing of the stern". How I explain to guest drivers about the thrusters is, to fully engage a thruster you turn the wheel fully in the direction you want the stern to be pushed, then engage the opposite side reverse throttle. So in other words, to push the stern to the port side, fully turn the wheel to the port, then engage only the starboard throttle in reverse - this will give you maximum thrust pushing stern to port side. Then it is a matter of backing off on fully cranked steering to slight un-engaged the LT to introduce a little backwards thrust as you need for backward movement - need more backward movement.... engage a little "same side" throttle. So I'd say you'd be correct to say it takes some experimenting and practice to fully introduce these new thrust vectors into your bag of dual throttle tricks and greatly increase your reverse control as a result. But you SHOULDN'T need to "unlearn" anything from fangs as the wheel turn direction for reverse results is the exact same effect. Like I said I have both LTs and original fangs installed which for me is the ultimate setup (cobra AK fins / <modified> original fangs / LTs).

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just called and paid @JetBoatPilot !!

Wanted to publicly thank the wonderful Mrs Kelly Scott that answered the phone and guided me through the process. - very pleasant lady to talk to.
Great products obtain customers.. but only excellent customer service, like Kelly's, retains the customers!!!

Will - thank you again for everything that you do, and everyone that you employee.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals! JetBoatPilot is pleased to announce that we're hosting a group buy exclusively for JetBoaters.Net members, starting today and ending Aug 31, 2018.

Rules & Guidelines are as follows:

Participation Levels/Discounts

Lateral Thrusters

1-10 Lateral Thrusters: 10% Discount
11-15 Lateral Thrusters: 15% Discount
16-20 Lateral Thrusters: 20% Discount
21-25 Lateral Thrusters: 25% Discount
26-34 Lateral Thrusters: 30% Discount
35+ Lateral Thrusters: 35% Discount

Thrust Vector XV
1-10 Thrust Vectors: 10% Discount
11-15 Thrust Vectors: 15% Discount
16-20 Thrust Vectors: 20% Discount
21-25 Thrust Vectors: 25% Discount
26-34 Thrust Vectors: 30% Discount
35+ Thrust Vectors: 35% Discount

RULES

This event includes both Lateral Thrusters and Thrust Vectors due to fact that both items address slow speed maneuverability. You are not required to buy both items during this event. You may buy one or both based on your needs.

If buying both be advised that combo prices will not be applicable during this sale. Additionally trade in programs such as TV Upgrade and Cobra Fin Trade will not be active during this event.

To participate customers must be a member of JetBoaters.Net and have an active User ID. Customers must email or call our offices and place their orders. We'll put the order in a folder and add it to the count total. Once the max discount level is achieved we'll begin collecting payments. If max discount levels are achieved for a particular product and if all who have committed to buy complete their order and pay, we'll begin shipping early. If we do not hit max discount levels we'll begin charging credit cards at the end of the month and shipments will begin after that. If customers want to pay full price on the 1st of August and receive their order immediately they may do so, with the understanding that they will get refunded the final adjusted discount once the group buy closes on August 31st. This may buy them another month of boat usage with the product on the boat.

Taxes will apply to orders which have Florida delivery addresses and are based on the county of delivery. Domestic shipping rates during this event are $16.95 for individual items and $24.95 for multi item orders. International orders must get shipping quotes. We use UPS for international shipping now. We no longer use USPS.

Customers who have older versions of Thrust Vector, Thrust Vector XL and Thrust Vector XV will need to have us e-mail a copy of the Trim Template in order to add Lateral Thrusters to their Thrust Vector equipped boat. Current Thrust Vector XV product is fully compatible with Lateral Thruster.

Lateral Thrusters are incompatible with other steering systems. If a customer chooses to combine Lateral Thrusters with another aftermarket steering system, and, if there is ever a warranty claim, we may not be able to honor our lifetime Lateral Thruster warranty. Current Thrust Vector XV product is fully compatible with Lateral Thruster and does not cause potential issues with warranty claims being rejected.

Customers may call 850-867-1410 to order by phone or email sales@jetboatpilot.com. Must provide Name, Address, Phone Number, Email Address, Year, Make and Model Of Boat, Product Desired Including Color and JB.Net User ID. Online orders will be charged at regular prices during this event so please call or email if you intend to participate.

Steve Risley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thank you JBP for the group buy. Got my discount notice:winkingthumbsup" Thanks everyone for your help getting us to the max discount:winkingthumbsup"

Todd Kyle

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Got my LTs and TVs and installed last night...rook.a little longer than I thought, but well worth the effort. Definitely do the lateral thrusters first! Looking forward to getting out and testing this weekend

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I just purchased the lateral thrust vector. One of my friends already has it on his boat and wow what a difference. It’s literally a night and day difference in your reverse control of the boat!! I’m so happy that jetboaters.net was able to put together the group buy!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot For those of us that paid-in-full early, do you know when the refunds will be issued?
Those have already begun. We're doing them a few at a time. I'll put your name in the priority line since you're asking. What is the name on the invoice?

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
LT order payment completed this morning... woohoo.. gals on the phone were very polite and friendly...

Paulie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone with an older style nozzle mounted a Cobra ultimate/JBP lateral thruster combo? Is it even possible?

JTC1016

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey @JetBoatPilot received thrusters and vectors. Thanks for the quick shipping.

I have an install question hopefully someone can answer for me. I installed the port reverse trheuster and the mount bolt extends through the main pivot into the nozzle stream. Is that normal?