• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot Major Product Release Coming Very Soon!!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Twin version works just as well. I'll post another video later today showcasing another maneuver with the twin Engine version.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here is another maneuver that we tested with. The boat in the video is a 2017 Yamaha 212 LS.

we will shoot another video this week featuring the 360 comparison on the twin engine version.

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sweet!!! Can't wait to hear about the details! Great job Will!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Works with Thrust Vectors but not compatible with other brands.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you shate the pricepoint yet?

Looks cool. I cant wait to see details!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I gotta say...not what us fin and fang people wanted to hear.

Scottdip

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Do Yamaha jet boats really maneuver that bad?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I figured it was only a matter of time before someone did this the design on the reverse gates on the competitor boats is so much better especially docking. I would love to see a video of how much easier docks as I think that would be the biggest real world application it would truly assist in. @JetBoatPilot I'm sure you have been on the BRP boats do you feel it gives the same control?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do Yamaha jet boats really maneuver that bad?
The reverse on the Yamaha boats is lacking for sure. The design of the reverse Gate on the BRP boats is far superior. Don't get me wrong there are not many times any of us are out there doing figure 8's in reverse so it's not a really big deal but when docking against a current the difference is huge.

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
From the videos, I gather that the only benefit is in reverse?

Do you have any comparison video of common boating maneuvers like docking?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Eric Ballard I don't have pricing info worked out at the moment but I can assure you it will be well below the $1000 that another company is charging for their single engine product.

I can also tell you that the reverse on your Yamaha will still be intuitive like driving your car in reverse or any other outboard or stern drive. BRP powered jet boats have very aggressive reverse control but there are two flaws (IMHO) in their design.
1) BRP reverse gates channel so much water laterally the boat lurches rather abruptly when giving reverse control and added rpm's above neutral. The abruptness caused people to complain about it and BRP engineers responded with Docking Mode, which basically limits the thrust that you can apply while in docking situations.
2) the steering is counter-intuitive to someone's expectancy of how the stern is going to respond when steering while in reverse. In a panic situation or while learning the operator will steer to the wrong side, falling back on their experience with driving their car or previous stern drive/outboard, thus causing the boat to go the opposite way they intended for it to go.

You can rest assured that when this product is installed on your boat the reverse steering will be controlled but not abrupt and will be intuitive with little need to learn how to use the product. You'll simply drive and the product will work as intended without lessons or instruction.

@Murf'n'surf we will take these questions as recommendations for new video content and will create demonstrations that will benefit you and address how the product will benefit you. We chose these particular videos as our first for several reasons. We wanted to show what it does without showing IT, and we wanted to show something that could be measured and easily replicated by anyone with little experience. We did the best we could do to get the weather to cooperate with us but like every outing on the boat, the wind waves and current can change within seconds thus making it nearly impossible to reproduce the exact conditions from test to test. We've settled on averaging our results and will use those averages when making statements about our product's performance and what you should expect if you were to install it on your boat.

@robert843 I think that our product gives sufficient control in reverse to give the operator confidence that they can put the boat where they want it. I will not claim that the product will reproduce the same level of lateral thrust that a BRP will, but I purposefully wanted to avoid that in our design because I feel that the BRP gates give too much lateral control and it makes me feel very nervous while steering in reverse, that paired with the counter-intuitive nature of the BRP reverse.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will be interested to see how it works with differentail engine settings on a twin.. i.e. one in forward and one in reverse..

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hopefully this will clear the Wake Wedge when installed. Without giving out too much info is it significantly larger then the stock reverse gate?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am still learning the technique but I can tell you that there are some pretty awesome video tutorials coming featuring new maneuvers that are possible with the Lateral Thrusters installed.

Also I can tell you we don't have to remove or modify and factory parts to install the Lateral Thrusters so it will be compatible with the Wake wedge.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dang, Will! Based on the first two videos you'd better get your staff prepped for the biggest group buy you've ever had to deal with.

Although I think I know the answer, the question that comes to mind is does it affect top speed?

Looking forward to seeing more about this...