• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot SeaDek Faux Teak Group Buy

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well time to get on the right side of the fence Lol, you'd be crazy not to ;)

Just curious what's holding you back?
Spending the money on a boat that I don't use that often. I'm trying hard to make time but life and weather keep slowing me down.

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Question: is all the SeaDek colors included in this group buy or just the faux teak? I am probably going to get in on this either way, but I need to know so I can decide on color choice as I've always thought pulling decals off the boat and then doing snow camo SeaDek would make the boat look a bit more youthful and sporty. But if the savings are only for faux teak I can be persuaded that way as well.

I'll do my complete 242LS in it, cockpit and swim platform, as well as step through piece.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot
Will, are we committed to purchase with the email and then get the discount info after the fact, or does the email simply reserve the "space" for you to determine the discount? I am kind of on the fence, not planning SeaDek for awhile but with a decent discount, I would be in. On a related note, would there be any harm in buying a kit and keeping it for a few months before applying? or does the adhesive have a shelf life?

Thanks!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bruce Just to be clear, you have the Hydro Turf product (Hydro-teak), correct? Your color in your pic looks lighter in shade and closer to SeaDek than the JBP site's Hydro-teak pics.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@jawsf16, my kit sat for several months before I found time to install it without any problem. In fact it is easier to install if you let it sit long enough to flatten out. I stored it under a bed.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks @Bruce What about my second question - Hydro-teak or SeaDek on yours? If Hydro Teak, is that the standard color?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine is the lighter color of hydro-teak. I believe it is no longer available.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Question: is all the SeaDek colors included in this group buy or just the faux teak? I am probably going to get in on this either way, but I need to know so I can decide on color choice as I've always thought pulling decals off the boat and then doing snow camo SeaDek would make the boat look a bit more youthful and sporty. But if the savings are only for faux teak I can be persuaded that way as well.

I'll do my complete 242LS in it, cockpit and swim platform, as well as step through piece.
The group buy is for any SeaDek or Hydroturf product including HydroTeak. Prices for single color kits like snow camo SeaDek are $449.95 for cockpit kits and $274.95 for swim platforms. You save $50 right away when buying both cockpit and swim platform together. The discount then applies to the remainder of the purchase price. I will run the numbers today and post up the total committed thus far.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mine is the lighter color of hydro-teak. I believe it is no longer available.
We discontinued that color due to inconsistencies in the top surface thickness. It did not machine well.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot
Will, are we committed to purchase with the email and then get the discount info after the fact, or does the email simply reserve the "space" for you to determine the discount? I am kind of on the fence, not planning SeaDek for awhile but with a decent discount, I would be in. On a related note, would there be any harm in buying a kit and keeping it for a few months before applying? or does the adhesive have a shelf life?

Thanks!
Emailing me reserves your space and allows me to better tabulate the discount to be applied. It does not obligate until the end of the group buy when we post the final tally and send invoices.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks Will. Any rules of thumb on how long is too long to store before install? Bruce says a few months no big deal. Thoughts?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks Will. Any rules of thumb on how long is too long to store before install? Bruce says a few months no big deal. Thoughts?
I have not seen any issues with letting it sit, but like Bruce said I would let it lay flat in an area like under the bed to allow it to flatten out. This will make your install easier. Don't sit it in direct sunlight in the bag for extended periods of time. We've seen situations here in Florida where the sun is very intense where the material distorted while sitting on the swim deck being prepared to be installed. Let it sit in the shade until you're ready to stick it if you're in a very sunny area.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It looks like at the moment we are at 3.5 units with one customer asking to be removed if we don't hit the 20% discount level. His order is for 1 unit (a cockpit kit). We are 6.5 units from the 20% discount level.

Let's up the ante here. If we hit the 20% price level (10 units) I will also ship for free in the US. Canada orders will still have some shipping charged but will do at half price. We must hit 10 units actually sold and invoiced to drop the shipping charges.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Come on guys, fix up those ratty boat interiors and jump in! :p

Too bad we couldn't expand this group by to "other" sites, but I guess that there is no sales over there unless it's done through the website store! Were all vendors and vendor areas removed??

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It looks like at the moment we are at 3.5 units with one customer asking to be removed if we don't hit the 20% discount level. His order is for 1 unit (a cockpit kit). We are 6.5 units from the 20% discount level.

Let's up the ante here. If we hit the 20% price level (10 units) I will also ship for free in the US. Canada orders will still have some shipping charged but will do at half price. We must hit 10 units actually sold and invoiced to drop the shipping charges.
You are making this deal even more tempting! I don't even need them yet and am considering ordering.

Question about swim deck on an AR240 with your aftermarket cushions installed - can I just order the 242 swim deck set and save a few bucks since the cushions cover up the seadek anyway? pros/cons?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You are making this deal even more tempting! I don't even need them yet and am considering ordering.
X2 @ 20%off this seems to be a no brainer. . . . . . Now if only I can get the wife onboard.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
X2 @ 20%off this seems to be a no brainer. . . . . . Now if only I can get the wife onboard.
Just get it and if she questions the charge, tell her its a surprise Christmas gift and she'll get it at Christmas. That will buy you some time to figure out your next move!!

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
OK, I'm in. Just shot an email off to Will.