• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot SeaDek Faux Teak Group Buy

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I am so close to pulling the trigger.....I just can't decide on which to get. I know the Seadek is cooler and softer but is that worth the extra price. How much cooler is it in the sunlight?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am so close to pulling the trigger.....I just can't decide on which to get. I know the Seadek is cooler and softer but is that worth the extra price. How much cooler is it in the sunlight?
So much so that you don't have to dump water on the mats to cool them off. Hydro-Teak mats get hot enough in direct sunlight that you may want to cool them down with a bucket of water. I am not sure how hot it gets where you live but here in sunny Florida, we have some pretty intense sunlight so its SeaDek all the way for me.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I always justify extra boating upgrades with equating it to gasoline.

$100 more? Heck, that's only a half a tank of gas! :p

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Well I guess I will be doing the Seadek. I will be down in Ft. Rucker in a year which means PCB and Destin every weekend.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I guess I will be doing the Seadek. I will be down in Ft. Rucker in a year which means PCB and Destin every weekend.
God Damn. . . . . I told you we'd be spending that Hazard Pay, but even I didn't realize how much of it would go before you even STEPPED aboard.

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really want to jump in for a SeaDek swim platform kit, but I have been holding off because I wanted the boat name and possibly a logo engraved, I just can't decide on what to do (and we still have not named the boat). :rolleyes: I absolutely love @Bruce 's swim platform... I need a few days to consult with the boss, but I should be in either way... I'll know by the weekend.

Thanks Will! @JetBoatPilot

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I always justify extra boating upgrades with equating it to gasoline.

$100 more? Heck, that's only a half a tank of gas! :p
factor in a rainy weekend that the boat stayed in the garage and its a FREE upgrade!!!.....SOLID guy math !!!

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
factor in a rainy weekend that the boat stayed in the garage and its a FREE upgrade!!!.....SOLID guy math !!!
Now you're getting it! LOL

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I really want to jump in for a SeaDek swim platform kit, but I have been holding off because I wanted the boat name and possibly a logo engraved, I just can't decide on what to do (and we still have not named the boat). :rolleyes: I absolutely love @Bruce 's swim platform... I need a few days to consult with the boss, but I should be in either way... I'll know by the weekend.

Thanks Will! @JetBoatPilot
Maybe @JetBoatPilot can hold your paid order until you name the boat?

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf ... at the current rate I am going with naming her, I will get my order in the summer of 2020... ;)

It also depends on how much extra the engraving will add to the cost...

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I suspect that how long I waited to send @JetBoatPilot the artwork for my swim deck is a standing joke around their office.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The SeaDek is closed cell which means that it does not absorb liquids. SeaDek cleans up nicely with simple green or bleach and water. .... @Bruce added scotchguard to his and that seems to have helped a bit.
After scotchgarding the Hydro-Teak on my swim deck everything washes off of it with a hose. It makes cleanup so much easier.
Just to be clear.

@Bruce has open-cell Hydro-Teak. Not to be confused with closed-cell SeaDek. I had Hydro-Turf for many years, but replaced it with SeaDek Faux-Teak. UNtreated SeaDek cleans up very easy. UNtreated Hydro-Teak needs some scrubbing.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@maboat: As a user who has had both, any downsides to the SeaDek?

Looks like SeaDek is the way to go.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Only downside is more cost upfront. In day-to-day-use SeaDek is superior. And, not conclusive (since I haven't replaced it yet), but it appears to last longer than Hydro-Turf

I have noticed that the new Yamahas have switched form Hydro-Turf to SeaDek. Not exactly sure what that says, but I'm sure there is a reason. I do believe Yamaha has replaced many Swim Deck Hydro Turf mats under YES warranty.

Last edited:

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Email sent: Count me in for 1 cockpit kit & swim platform kit + optional inserts 1, 2, and 3.

I will require customization for the swim platform to get a graphic that I want put into the material of the two swim platform pieces.

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very nice, looks like we are starting to snowball here... As for the question on shipping if we hit the 10 units we get free shipping in the US... Half price shipping to Canada! And from the sounds we should be Damn close if everyone stays in!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just took another one. Now at 8

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Shit, how have I missed this???

Sending will an email now for a complete set.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot ... I look on your website and it does not list the jump seat pad. SeaDek faux teak price for a 2007 AR230 would be?