• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot SeaDek Faux Teak Group Buy

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Hopp150 Any pictures of your interior? Still working on the family... not giving up until 1 Sep!!

Hopp150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here ya go, let me know if you have any questions. Love this stuff. It does get a little hotter than the carpet but still completely worth it. When i had my 242LS the biggest battle was keeping the smell out to of the carpet. No more issues.

IMG_9973.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 1.JPG photo 1[1].JPG photo 2[1].JPG photo 3.JPG photo 5.JPG photo 4.JPG

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Hopp150 Thanks! How is the heat on the feet? Compared to carpet? Durable? Any reviews you have would be appreciated.

Edit, missed the heat comment in the original post. Distracted by those pictures!!

Last edited:

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Okay, I'm officially in but only for a swim platform kit... hope it still gets us to 25 off, email sent... The boat name will be done with vinyl... if it ever gets one.

Lets go Mel @txav8r ;)

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@txav8r, think about how much more time you will have to catch up in the mods race if you do not have to hang up , wash, dry and reinstall your carpets after every outing.

Plus you and your boat will look so much younger without that shag carpet!

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I sent my email yesterday. Sounds like we are well over 15 now!
@Hopp150 is that the titanium?

Hopp150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Hopp150 Thanks! How is the heat on the feet? Compared to carpet? Durable? Any reviews you have would be appreciated.

Edit, missed the heat comment in the original post. Distracted by those pictures!!
It is a little bit hotter than the carpet. I have had to get it wet a few times in order to stand on it in direct sunlight but it's completely bearable and way better than having to worry about pulling carpet out after every trip. Plus it dries so fast. There are pro's and con's to everything but the pro's far out number the cons with this product.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is a little bit hotter than the carpet. I have had to get it wet a few times in order to stand on it in direct sunlight but it's completely bearable and way better than having to worry about pulling carpet out after every trip. Plus it dries so fast. There are pro's and con's to everything but the pro's far out number the cons with this product.
What other "CONS" might you list?

Hopp150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What other "CONS" might you list?
The only cons I would list is the heat which I've discussed and consider minor. The install which is straight forward and very simple but I can still see a few holes where the buttons were to button down the carpet. I filled them with 3m 5200 and the mats cover most of them but there are still some visible. And last but not least is my fear that If I ever damage this stuff I have to remove it. It seems to be held down so well that I can't imagine it will be an easy process at all. I've read about and seen pictures of folks trying to take the old hydroteak off of their swim platform before. Does not look like fun.

So, all in all I can't find too much negative about this stuff. Carpet on the other hand I can. Especially the AR carpet. My 242LS Berber was pretty nice stuff but the AR greay fuzz is horrible. When my wife saw that carpet it was not hard to convince her that we were buying hydroteak.
Now that it's installed it just feels like It always should have been there.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I spoke to Will and then emailed my order this morning for Seadek for my swimdeck. As of 10:30 this morning my order makes 16.

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You bastards!!! Wasn't planning on doing the SeaDek until winter since I am currently burning gas way too hard to do upgrades. But looks like count is 15+ and 25% off is too good to pass up. Plus I hate dealing with the carpet and stepping on the snaps is getting old fast.

(And yes I sent official email to Will for a cockpit kit + some optional mats. )

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like the wife is bought in. . . . . . . . . Hard to pass up with 25% off and FREE Shipping.

So far, I am only planning on the Cockpit kit. . . . since the swim deck is brand new. Opinions on just doing the cockpit and leaving the swim deck stock?
Money is less of a concern than pulling up those swim platform mats and glue.