• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot SeaDek Faux Teak Group Buy

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well by my count either 4, or 4.5 depending on what @Kelso ordered... If I was a betting man seeing as his boat is a 2013 he ordered the cockpit. So would be at 4.5 for units, unless other people ordered but did not post or vote in the other thread.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You are making this deal even more tempting! I don't even need them yet and am considering ordering.

Question about swim deck on an AR240 with your aftermarket cushions installed - can I just order the 242 swim deck set and save a few bucks since the cushions cover up the seadek anyway? pros/cons?
You could do that but not sure how it would look . I've never done it before. If you did order the kit for an AR240 you'd have to cut your holes for the snaps before you installed the turf. That is doable but a bit tricky. Call me if you need instructions on that process.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I bumped the andy07sx230ho half unit to a full unit since he's getting 5 other mats with his swim platform kit. That puts us to 5! Guaranteed 15% off if everyone stays on. One customer said that he'd only commit if the orders got to 10 units so its not a done deal on 5 at the moment.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What other mats? I'd like the swim deck, the walk-through, the front and back of the walk through cushion, the rear storage hatch mats, and the front anchor locker mat... more or less everything but the floor of the bathtub itself.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What other mats? I'd like the swim deck, the walk-through, the front and back of the walk through cushion, the rear storage hatch mats, and the front anchor locker mat... more or less everything but the floor of the bathtub itself.
That is exactly the extra pieces I am ordering. I believe it is everything Will offers without replacing the carpet which we actually like.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is exactly the extra pieces I am ordering. I believe it is everything Will offers without replacing the carpet which we actually like.
I totally agree with this idea. I'm not in on this group buy because I did this all a few years ago and mats are still good. But it sure seems like another kit option would be nice "all mats EXCEPT where carpet is".

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just REALLY like using the pressure washer on the inside of the boat (low pressure) to clean up. We USE our boat, LOL! And that's a lot of glue residue to strip off if we would decide to take up the floor the future!

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot . what would be the adder for the SeaDek faux teak titanium and black pad for the step into the cockpit ( rear jump seat) for a 2007 AR230.?

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't really need the mats but have just about every other mod already (none of which I NEEDed either..ha) so now I'm looking for the next thing to add in order to help subdue my addiction for a little longer, however, I have a few questions:

How tough are these mats... to coolers be slide around on them, anchors, fishing buckets, scuba gear, etc. I love the way they look but have allot of gear at times that I don't want to have to worry about messing the mats up.

How durable are they to heat and the Florida sun? My Boat is stored in the garage most of the time but still spends the weekends in full sun.

I am already in for the cockpit mats if we can get enough orders (my unit is already included in Wills tally) but I may also be interested in the swim platform mats.

I already have the stock mats on the swim platform though, how hard are they to remove?
When I add the cockpit mats will I be able to remove all the snaps?
If so will the mats completely cover all the holes or is there additional gel coat work needed?
Also interested in the step through mat but will this hinder the jump seat from snapping into place?

Also does anybody want to place my swim platform kit order for me so that we can get credit for another 1/2 unit...lol ;)

Can this be cross promoted on the general discussion board since there would likely be more views? Maybe sneak it in on the new 2015 model launch thread...lol

Sorry for all the questions and if they are better for a different thread just let me know.

Hope this works out!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Did I already get your e-mail? sorry but I don't have the list in front of me? If I did not get it and you'd like to get in on this that would put us to 6 by my count. If I already had counted you as a half then the count would be 5.5 when I bump you to a full unit by adding all those additional mats.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't really need the mats but have just about every other mod already (none of which I NEEDed either..ha) so now I'm looking for the next thing to add in order to help subdue my addiction for a little longer, however, I have a few questions:

How tough are these mats... to coolers be slide around on them, anchors, fishing buckets, scuba gear, etc. I love the way they look but have allot of gear at times that I don't want to have to worry about messing the mats up.

How durable are they to heat and the Florida sun? My Boat is stored in the garage most of the time but still spends the weekends in full sun.

I am already in for the cockpit mats if we can get enough orders (my unit is already included in Wills tally) but I may also be interested in the swim platform mats.

I already have the stock mats on the swim platform though, how hard are they to remove?
When I add the cockpit mats will I be able to remove all the snaps?
If so will the mats completely cover all the holes or is there additional gel coat work needed?
Also interested in the step through mat but will this hinder the jump seat from snapping into place?

Also does anybody want to place my swim platform kit order for me so that we can get credit for another 1/2 unit...lol ;)

Can this be cross promoted on the general discussion board since there would likely be more views? Maybe sneak it in on the new 2015 model launch thread...lol

Sorry for all the questions and if they are better for a different thread just let me know.

Hope this works out!
I will try to answer a couple of your questions.

The stock mats can be tough to remove, seems to take most people a couple of hours which includes all the glue residue removal.
When adding cockpit mats you will want to remove the snap, most of them will be covered by the mats.
No gelcoat work needed to fill the snap mounting holes, just use some marine caulk (life caulk, 3M 4200 or 5200) to fill the holes.
The jump seat should snap back into place but it will be a little bit higher than before.

Here are a couple of videos that might help you out,

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot, I didn't actually send an email but your first post in @Master-Spud's thread said that you counted me?
Could you go ahead and send me an email so I can confirm the numbers. I am using that method to systematically keep track of each confirmed order. Thank you!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sorry folks I missed a great deal of this thread up front, trying to catch up. If I read this right we are on the low end of the unit count for the 15% discount..

I am primarily interested in the swim deck for my 212x. To complicate things (and I completely understand the nesting statement). my perfect order would be the adder of 1x optional jump seat, and the bow mats numbered 1 and 2, reflected below. (this can be a future offline order if it simplifies things)

If my order would push us over the 9 units I believe I would be interested in the entire boat.
@JetBoatPilot I will put this in an email to you as you request on the first page.

One more question/statement. I understand another main delta between hydro-teak and Seadek is open vs closed cell. With a light color like titanium how does this play into stains: red wine, red juices, blood...food oils like chips..
Thank you
-Eric

upload_2014-8-20_8-33-22.png

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry folks I missed a great deal of this thread up front, trying to catch up. If I read this right we are on the low end of the unit count for the 15% discount..

I am primarily interested in the swim deck for my 212x. To complicate things (and I completely understand the nesting statement). my perfect order would be the adder of 1x optional jump seat, and the bow mats numbered 1 and 2, reflected below. (this can be a future offline order if it simplifies things)

If my order would push us over the 9 units I believe I would be interested in the entire boat.
@JetBoatPilot I will put this in an email to you as you request on the first page.

One more question/statement. I understand another main delta between hydro-teak and Seadek is open vs closed cell. With a light color like titanium how does this play into stains: red wine, red juices, blood...food oils like chips..
Thank you
-Eric

View attachment 10507
The SeaDek is closed cell which means that it does not absorb liquids. SeaDek cleans up nicely with simple green or bleach and water. We have not had issues with ours but we don't boat nearly as much as many of you do. Maybe someone else will chime in on their results. @Bruce added scotchguard to his and that seems to have helped a bit.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After scotchgarding the Hydro-Teak on my swim deck everything washes off of it with a hose. It makes cleanup so much easier.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
ya know.....if I was to read my wife's recent email, change a few words around, edit it some....I believe I have whole boat buy in !!!...
If we hit 10 units there is even less editing I need to do !!....it took me 2 weeks to find this conversation, can we elevate it @Bruce ?

Based on the webpage, (and round numbers), Seadek whole boat is running $996, less $50 whole boat, less 15% group is $804 ?? (hydroturf $663)
plus the optional jump seat mat, plus any graphics........is shipping this stuff difficult/costly?...sales tax?........apology dinner out for misreading her email $?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@justason tell your wife how much nicer her feet will feel on the next Bimini trip with the Seadeck throughout your boat, that might be the nudge she needs to be onboard with the purchase.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@justason, I copied the thread to General Discussion. And her feet will feel better every time she is in the boat. It is a huge difference.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
With @justason order we now are at 7 units. Go! Go! Go!