• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot Thrust Vector/Lateral Thuster Group Buy 2020

LakeRidgeBoating

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Picked up my new to me AR192 on Wednesday of last week. Ordered the Thrusters Sunday night. I'm a new member so thanks for letting
me jump on your deal.

Kudos to JetBoatPilot ---- fantastic communication and service. Truly impressed.

Melch66

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just called and paid for my LTV. Painless and GREAT CS. Now going to camp out in my front yard waiting for my package. Thank you for the group buy JBP!!!

Andisimose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just joined JB.Net today and was doing a search on low speed maneuvering and fell into this group buy. I bought a new to me 2011 AR210 that needs this desperately. Email sent and will follow up with a phone call tomorrow to discuss merits of the LT in combination with the VT for my model year. I haven't searched enough threads yet to form an opinion on my own. So happy I joined this forum today.

I have a 14 AR210 and fell "victim" to the group buy, after talking to Will ended up just replacing the PO installed Thrust Vector XL and putting the TV X and the Lateral Thrusters on. Not only was I successful in the install (and they didn't fall off in the water) but this was the first time I felt in control enough where I was able to dock the boat and step out and tie it off on my own while the wife wrangled the baby. The boat is new to us and Im sure over time I would have learned the nuances of parking in between other boats gracefully at the marina but the LT's helped an INCREDIBLE amount. Even the dock hand at the marina commented on my noticeable improvement in coming into the slip.

Have I spent hours watching the 1 minute video of how to use them on repeat: YES :)

MikeySan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Installed the TV-X last night. Took the boat out today, and happy to say its awesome. As others have stated night and day difference at low speeds. I didn't notice them. Only thing different is the spray sometimes shoots up from the rear. Steering is improved at low and idle speeds.

Mauri_6

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Just installed my TVX on my 20 YAMAHA 195S . Not.sure if the SB side spring should look like this. Would appreciate a reply back from anyone that knows before I take on a spin tmrw evening. Thanks

Attachments

throttlebc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I installed mine today and it was very smooth! Everything was high-quality and well packed. I can't wait to try them out!

One note: I love reading instructions, but these are hard to follow as the images are dark and small. I couldn't see things like spring positions in the pictures, and the epoxy addendum was so low-resolution it was unusable. I did watch the YouTube video and froze the frame on certain spots to see what's going on. I prefer reading over watching, but in this case the video was well-shot and good enough for me to figure it out.

IMG_0523.jpeg

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Lots of others have said it, but finally was able to try out the LT’s today. BIG difference— I left one of my boys on the dock just to try out the boat in reverse and I had complete steering control. I was able to back right up to the dock and pick him up on the swim platform instead of having him jump into the bow. Great investment.

Also, attaching some pics of the TV XL’s trim job. Template made it super easy and no special tools required. I was able to do it with a cheap black and decker jig saw.
D1B29F77-7A07-4734-BDAA-0C7F2BF6B4D1.jpeg40953C8F-EBD2-4F1E-905B-36C0B80C13B1.jpeg

Roof Man

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
New to the site (and the boat), and am seeing this forum. Emailed JBP to see if I can still get in on the deal ... we'll see. :)

Roof Man

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
New to the site (and the boat), and am seeing this forum. Emailed JBP to see if I can still get in on the deal ... we'll see. :)
Hmmm... 2 days later, still no reply from them - JBP. Even a "sorry, your too late" OR "no problem, we'll take your order!" ... would be nice! :p

throttlebc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Hmmm... 2 days later, still no reply from them - JBP. Even a "sorry, your too late" OR "no problem, we'll take your order!" ... would be nice! :p
I found them to be responsive with the orders I've placed, but perhaps it's a longer holiday week or something else. Try calling... I think they're a small company who just finished up a large shipment of orders, so follow ups may take longer. My $.02. JetBoatPilot

Roof Man

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I found them to be responsive with the orders I've placed, but perhaps it's a longer holiday week or something else. Try calling... I think they're a small company who just finished up a large shipment of orders, so follow ups may take longer. My $.02. JetBoatPilot
BC, ya know ... after taking a step back and looking at it again.. your right! lol (where's my coffee!?!?) Called them, they're responsive, but waiting for "approval" to get in on the deal (or not). Thanks for replying!
(How's liberal Austin for ya!? Gonna be ok down there without a police force!? (topic for another forum of course) lmao)

throttlebc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Good deal! At the end of the day, we all gotta learn to love and accept our neighbors as they are and who they are. Liberal vs. conservative shouldn't be about moral compasses or basic human rights. It should be about how many tax loopholes I can find to avoid funding PBS and buy more boat upgrades!
[flag]

Roof Man

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Good deal! At the end of the day, we all gotta learn to love and accept our neighbors as they are and who they are. Liberal vs. conservative shouldn't be about moral compasses or basic human rights. It should be about how many tax loopholes I can find to avoid funding PBS and buy more boat upgrades!
[flag]
Haaaa!!! Ok ok ... fair enough. Here's to me not sinking the boat on my first outing! :D

Roof Man

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Nope ... a (few) days late, dollar short (as the saying goes) ... They wouldn't let me in on it. Alas ... next! :)

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So I installed my LT's on Saturday on my 242 Limited S that already has TV-XV's on it and I want to make sure I did this right. My main confusion here is that the template says to use it for the right (starboard) side and then flip it over for the left (port).

2.jpeg

I had the inside fin on the port (left) side rub a bit on the LT housing so I shaved it off a bit to create space. I didn't follow along the template as the jig saw that I used didn't fit in the space that I had available but it got the job done.

1.jpeg

I rotated the nozzle all the way and have a few millimeters of clearance - do I need more of a gap?.

3.jpeg

The starboard side fin is completely different and didn't need any trimming:

4.jpeg

Both nozzles rotate without rubbing anything but the trim template kind of threw me for a loop - it said to use in on the right (starboard) side when I didn't need to.

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot will there be a group buy for the new Thrust Vector for Yamaha Boats? Maybe offer one up to help increase the quantity of your first batch? I saw the pre-order, but would like to wait for the Group Buy.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot will there be a group buy for the new Thrust Vector for Yamaha Boats? Maybe offer one up to help increase the quantity of your first batch? I saw the pre-order, but would like to wait for the Group Buy.
There will be a group buy but not until August. We do that event once per year for Forum members to help us keep our employees working during the slow season slow down. Since its new its actually doing really well at the moment. It is really a much better system than our previous systems.

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There will be a group buy but not until August. We do that event once per year for Forum members to help us keep our employees working during the slow season slow down. Since its new its actually doing really well at the moment. It is really a much better system than our previous systems.
gonna be August in a few days, is this still going to happen?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length