• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

JetBoats on BoatBound

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce you found me on there :)

Wow, I wish I would have known about that site when I was looking for a yamaha jet boat. A lot of the rates are below what I would expect to pay to rent any boat, not just a yamaha jet boat.

I have been messaging with a LX210 owner there who has rented his out five times in the first month. Hopefully he will join and tell us more about it.

I wouldn't rent my boat out but I would consider buying another to rent.

Isn't that the site that the one guy "rented" his boat with and it "came back" wrecked?

Crazy to see a 2008 232 Limited for $225/day. I wouldn't rent mine for twice that. Hell I don't know what my price is but it's high! I see a few for $1,000-1300 and even then I'm thinking to myself, "meh."

Edit-yup, sure is. https://jetboaters.net/threads/life-lesson-learned.2571/

I should clarify that I am in no way saying that Boatbound is at fault here or that this is a regular occurrence.

My biggest concern would be insurance. How does BoatBound's insurance work with the "normal" insurance. I wonder if my "normal" insurance would be "ok" with it. I probably wouldn't ever do this, so it really doesn't matter anyways.

My biggest concern would be insurance. How does BoatBound's insurance work with the "normal" insurance. I wonder if my "normal" insurance would be "ok" with it. I probably wouldn't ever do this, so it really doesn't matter anyways.

They advertise very good insurance so that your boat gets put back how it was if the renter trashes it. The thing to watch for is the GE notes contain a clause about not renting the boat out.

They advertise very good insurance so that your boat gets put back how it was if the renter trashes it. The thing to watch for is the GE notes contain a clause about not renting the boat out.
I agree that BoatBound has good insurance too. I just haven't read my other policy close enough to see what it says. I never even thought about the notes having a clause about it too

I read it in one of the policies when I was getting insured; specifically forbid renting or "for hire" use.

I could only imagine that it does say that. I would be surprised if it didn't.

My Boat U.S. policy has an anti-rent/no commercial use clause. I wouldn't be surprised if my loan documents contained a similar clause. I like the idea of getting up to $500 per day for those days (probably Sat. or Sun.) that I'm not using my boat but I don't think the money would be enough to make up for the stress I would have when the boat is on the water and I'm not in it or don't know who is. Insurance only makes you whole so if a renter damages my boat the costs are covered but I'm still out of a boat until the shop fixes it. The current/in season bench time at my local shop is three weeks. For those that live in states with short seasons, 3 weeks could be half the season.

I would never rent my boat without me in it. If they want to rent my boat, then I'm going with. With boatbound, if you give them 35% of the rental, their insurance covers the damage so you don't have to get your insurance company involved. I saw another nationwide boat rental company posted on YJB but can't find the post or the name via google search. I think it started with a C.

I definitely don't like the idea of someone else driving my boat without me there....

I would never rent my boat without me in it. If they want to rent my boat, then I'm going with. With boatbound, if you give them 35% of the rental, their insurance covers the damage so you don't have to get your insurance company involved. I saw another nationwide boat rental company posted on YJB but can't find the post or the name via google search. I think it started with a C.

I'm curious does your insurance or loan company allow you to use your boat for hire? Just because boatbound may coverage for damages I wonder if your company would continue to provide coverage if you were using your boat for hire. I agree with you in the sense the only way to do it is with you being the skipper!

I'm curious does your insurance or loan company allow you to use your boat for hire? Just because boatbound may coverage for damages I wonder if your company would continue to provide coverage if you were using your boat for hire. I agree with you in the sense the only way to do it is with you being the skipper!
I haven't checked, but since I don't plan on renting it out more than a few times a season (and so far no one has inquired) I don't think my insurance company would care since any damage they wouldn't cover. When I get a chance I will call progressive just to see what they think.

Back