• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jets and Badges..

10-8

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Craig had a good idea...seems we have a lot of LEOs on here and shouldstart a thread. Retired or active check in here...

I currently work narcotics, Lincoln County, TN. Former K9 handler as well. Looking forward to getting some warmer weather, I am so done with this winter..

10-8

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When the sun shines, I'm a Motor Officer for a suburban Milwaukee department. Former SWAT team member, specifically sniper, for about 15 years. 20+ years on the job so far.
What a great picture. Except that I think I know what you are doing there, and that is very sad..

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That picture was leading a ride during Harleyfest last year. It was a ride in honor of the military to a military cemetary. It was a fundraiser for Fisher House. The best part, other than being the lead motor in a ride with about 1000 participants, was riding with our Governor, and even better, Medal of Honor recipient Gary Wetzel.

http://www.fisherhousewi.org

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Wetzel

jetboat623

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey everyone, Washington State Trooper, 9 years. Thought I would jump on here and clear my head. Im on a mandatory day off after working the first three days of the slide almost straight through. I was the second officer on scene and incident commander for the first three hours, my SGT on Friday decided to take the weekend off and left me in charge. Its been absolutely surreal. The second picture is something my wife find somewhere, we were writing right on the hood of the car to keep track of everything.
IMG_2995.PNG
IMG_2993.jpg

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Our prayers out to all those involved in such an awful tragedy. Be safe my friend.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Very sad to hear about the slide, Worked many disasters in my 23 years, most things never got to me. I sat next to Jeff Tackett on the board of directors of the local police union there is a law in Florida named after him now .
I worked tornados and floods even the tanker disaster in egmont channel and when the sunshine skyway was hit and downed by the Summit Venture I was in the storm keeping people out of the flood waters.
All disasters have a very dark side as so many innocent children are injured or killed. That part of the job was always the most heartbreaking and to this day hearing about defenseless children being victims of disasters, accidents, terminal illness or violent crimes just rips my heart out.
Nothing makes me happier than recalling the memories made while raising my 4 children out on the water and now seeing my 11 grandchildren enjoying it also.

jdiaz78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When the sun shines, I'm a Motor Officer for a suburban Milwaukee department. Former SWAT team member, specifically sniper, for about 15 years. 20+ years on the job so far.

View attachment 3005
Does you department all ride Harleys. We all have Harley Electra Glides ranging from 2012 -2014s. Some other department around us ride Victory and some even have BMWs. I'm good with what we ride, but I always wonder about the other options out there.

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does you department all ride Harleys. We all have Harley Electra Glides ranging from 2012 -2014s. Some other department around us ride Victory and some even have BMWs. I'm good with what we ride, but I always wonder about the other options out there.
Considering that I work in Harley's home county, there is no way any department in the area rides anything else.

I was at a rider training course in Michigan last year (HD sponsored) and one of the instructors rode a Victory. It looked futuristic, like a tank, he said it was no where near is nimble as an e-glide, which is saying a lot!

No info on the BMWs...

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I personally would like to thank our officers of this group also. You along with our military are very vital in the operation of our great country.

[flag] :thumbsup: [flag]

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm a wannabe, I'm a volunteer with the local police department as a Citizen on Patrol. We have our own patrol cars and work all the community events and the lesser stuff so the real officers don't have to jack with it, and can spend all their time out on patrol.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I work for Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office, FL. 20.5 years on the job. Worked Patrol and as an Investigator in Narcotics, and Fugitive Warrants Unit. Being in warrants also assigns me to the US Marshals Task Force for the past 11 years. But being in the Fugitive Unit so long (and with a very close call) my agency just moved me to the Property Crimes Unit. We shall see how this goes.

Stay safe all.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for all you guys do.

My Dad was in law enforcement for 17 years (last 7 of his career as Chief of Police in Houghton Michigan) and loved it. Problem was he hated his boss. Being 5'11" meant he was 1" too short to join the Michigan State Police. He and my Mom didn't want to leave the area so he traded in the gun and badge for a mining helmet and lunch pail in 1973. I was 2 years old at the time, but I'm definitely the child of a "Cop." (Yeah, you guys know how you are with your kids. ;))

jdiaz78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I work for Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office, FL. 20.5 years on the job. Worked Patrol and as an Investigator in Narcotics, and Fugitive Warrants Unit. Being in warrants also assigns me to the US Marshals Task Force for the past 11 years. But being in the Fugitive Unit so long (and with a very close call) my agency just moved me to the Property Crimes Unit. We shall see how this goes.

Stay safe all.
I'm guessing your department doesn't have a contract? They can't move us from a job once we bid it unless we bid out. I really enjoy our contract.

10-8

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm guessing your department doesn't have a contract? They can't move us from a job once we bid it unless we bid out. I really enjoy our contract.
Seems that would hurt your employer by not being able to put people where they are most suited and needed. I have seen LEOs moved to investigations that were better suited for patrol. And after trying them for a while, moved back to what they were better at. But not because it's what the officer wanted. Same with having a K-9. Not everyone that wants to be a handler will necessarily be good at it.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
No contracts. I was very fortunate to be in that position for 11 years. And it was a lateral move, because I'm already an Investigator. But it's kinda a military mindset on how they move people around every few years. They just left me alone for a while where I was at.

jdiaz78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Seems that would hurt your employer by not being able to put people where they are most suited and needed. I have seen LEOs moved to investigations that were better suited for patrol. And after trying them for a while, moved back to what they were better at. But not because it's what the officer wanted. Same with having a K-9. Not everyone that wants to be a handler will necessarily be good at it.
I agree that not everyone is in the position they should be by the contract, but it takes away the who like who game. Some of the positions are what we call chief's pick...they include undercover, task force jobs, and PIOs. That being said, once you are picked for those jobs they can't take you out of it until you bid out. It sucks when you are a new officer, but you have to realize that later you will be rewarded. You get your seniority by how you finish in the academy.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Which agency are you with @jdiaz78 ? Kansas City PD? You guys had an officer shot not to long ago right?

jdiaz78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Kansas City, KS. We have about 400 officers. We haven't had anyone shot for a few years, but KCMO which it right next to us has. People that aren't from the KC area think we are the same.