• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jets and Badges..

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Okay maybe that's what I was thinking too then.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for all you guys do.

My Dad was in law enforcement for 17 years (last 7 of his career as Chief of Police in Houghton Michigan) and loved it. Problem was he hated his boss. Being 5'11" meant he was 1" too short to join the Michigan State Police. He and my Mom didn't want to leave the area so he traded in the gun and badge for a mining helmet and lunch pail in 1973. I was 2 years old at the time, but I'm definitely the child of a "Cop." (Yeah, you guys know how you are with your kids. ;))
Well, if he didn't like his boss, that would have been the mayor? One thing I can tell you from experience is that a politician has NO common sense, yet they make choices which directly affect the daily performance of our job and most have absolutely no knowledge of what it is we do. Sorry, I'll get off the soapbox...if not I'll be here for hours on a 4 page post. It honestly just amazes me...

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Question for you guys..
Has your state legislature recently made major changes to your state's penal code, bond schedules, etc to keep from housing inmates and lower arrests? Just curious if everybody else is dealing with the same garbage..

10-8

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Question for you guys..
Has your state legislature recently made major changes to your state's penal code, bond schedules, etc to keep from housing inmates and lower arrests? Just curious if everybody else is dealing with the same garbage..
Nothing like that here in TN. Yet..

jdiaz78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Question for you guys..
Nothing has changed in KS, but things always change.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Question for you guys..
Nothing like that here in Florida either, that I'm aware of.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I hope for your sake it doesn't come about, on many non violent misdemeanors we now have to "warn" the defendant that if they do not stop whatever it is they are doing in violation of statute we can not arrest them. If they stop their criminal conduct, we then must cite them to court and send them on their way. Also now, you must have a pound or more of marijuana before it's arrestable...otherwise cite to court...I could go on and on. So ridiculous that we had to send our personnel to training so we could conduct in house training on what you can/can not arrest for after the changes, turned everything on it's head.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We have a bail schedule. So if the specific crime is in that schedule we call the judge and he makes the choice whether to put bail on the person, or put the charges on a summons and cut them loose. If they cant post bail, they take the ride.

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will be starting my 7th year with the City of Pittsburgh Police soon. Right now I am assigned to patrol and weighing my options on what I want to do when I grow up, well inside the department at least. I don't think this patrol thing is a bad gig.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I always loved patrol, especially the last few years in k-9 while on nights. I would go back to it if the money was there and my kids were grown.

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I go out on the Allegheny up by Kittanning

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I go out on the Allegheny up by Kittanning
How's the river this time of year? Full of garbage or pretty clear? I came up the ohio last year to Pittsburgh. Fun trip but the river through the locks are a mess.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@thcole I lived in the Burgh for my first 30 years. Now I've moved to a much happier and sunnier place! My brother in law is a K9 office for West Mifflin. He's been off duty for some time battling cancer. He is starting to win the battle but a long road ahead. The outpouring of support from the LEO community for he and his family is absolutely amazing. Y'all are truly an amazing group of people that support your brothers and sisters.
Anywho....I miss the old days of boating on the 3 rivers and hanging at the Point trying to persuade the ladies!

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah we have had some sun this year but the water has been a mess. My boat is still sitting in the driveway and has yet to see the water this year. I have only gone out in Pittsburgh on the boat a few times, too many boats and no wake zones for me.

I wish your brother the best of luck continuing his battle.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just found this thread! In my 23rd year at North Caldwell Police in NJ. Former Detective Sergeant, Patrol Sergeant and currently Captain. Worked Patrol and as a Juvenile Officer/Detective. SWAT trained. Small Department, 15 sworn and 5 civilian. Glad to see so many LEO's on here!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/billtex2000

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am with Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Former member on the Emergency Reaction Team for Pentagon Police.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just found this thread also...bet there are many more on the board that haven't seen this thread. 30 years, large suburban department, 1100 officers. Montgomery County, MD. Midnight patrol Sgt for the last 20, never had the desire to suffer through a lobotomy and get promoted to management. Volunteered for and been assigned to permanent mids since 1994. Retiring from this profession on Dec. 1, 2015. Can't deny it is the perfect time to get out. There's just too little respect for what we do; and we have politicians in the People's Republic of Maryland and Chiefs of Police continually scheming to make things more difficult than they have to be, in order to perform the job. I should write a book.

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAIAAAbYHr8BZnQfHfJc84WjxPk6RKw3_Sr1C1o&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile

peopls_republic_of_maryland_bumper_sticker-r7138389769fa4c1ea4a9a60fed913741_v9wht_8byvr_324.jpg