• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just brought one home! 2016 AR240

Dwain Oliver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bow handles look good. Using the bow ladder on Sunday I can see how they would be helpful.

I'll have to pace myself on the upgrades, we spent a little more than planned getting the 242. I did order a wake board rack (and I mean rack, I assumed for the price it was both sides... I was wrong! Salesman never informed me otherwise) Added the CE Smith LED guide poles, they look great at night. We also threw away $200.00 into the river.... The rear step pad was removed and not snapped back into place after lunch and it flew out of the boat at some point.:rage: We went back once we noticed it was missing but really had no idea where it was lost at... I'll never forget to put that away again!

I do see a sub in the future. The 242LS seems to be tweeter heavy and needs a sub to even out the music.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Dwain Oliver - The bow handles will be one of your cheapest mods. I bought the handles off of Amazon for about $14/each plus about $8 of stainless steel hardware from my local Ace.

PSA - When you install, double check your locations due to the wiring at the bow.

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice boat! Dont worry about the step pad. Mine has been sitting in the garage for 5 years. You wont miss it. For $200 I'll overnight it to you immediately. ;)

Dwain Oliver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My wife wanted the gray but it had some damage to the gel coat and the trailer, the dealer wouldn't come off of any money... I wanted the white anyway so it worked out. :winkingthumbsup"

I picked up the step pad yesterday. I was kinda mad because its a brand new boat and we've already lost a cushion... I should leave the new one in the garage where it will be safe! lol We use to leave a lot of the pads for the SX230 at home, the bow filler, step pad and the pad and bars to make the big sun lounge in the rear... they took up too much of the storage.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My wife wanted the gray but it had some damage to the gel coat and the trailer, the dealer wouldn't come off of any money... I wanted the white anyway so it worked out. :winkingthumbsup"

I picked up the step pad yesterday. I was kinda mad because its a brand new boat and we've already lost a cushion... I should leave the new one in the garage where it will be safe! lol We use to leave a lot of the pads for the SX230 at home, the bow filler, step pad and the pad and bars to make the big sun lounge in the rear... they took up too much of the storage.
I'm with @motorboater on this one. I only installed that cushion once... when the wife asked "what the heck is that thing under the seat?"
I showed her and with impeccable timing the kid came into the boat (sopping wet) and stepped on it. I got an instant "ahh -- OK, nevermind" lol