• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255 FSH Sport E Trolling Motor Project

Roger Vrooman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Again not knowing anything about your TM, the next time that happens, try hitting the propeller symbol on your remote and or the MFD to see if that gets the prop going.

View attachment 189931

You should not have to re boot the troller each time.

Did you try just hitting the stand by button again to bring it out of stand by?
I have tried the remote once or twice and have not gotten it to connect with the TM yet... Sure that is something simple like batteries, or plastic tape between the batteries and the connectors... Really haven't fooled around much with that, BUT, will make that a priority before the next trip....

I'll I've done with the MFD is to hit "standby", which disengages the prop, stowed TM, gone to new spot, redeployed TM, hitting either "Anchor Here" or "Anchor Heading" (or whatever it is called ;-)) and then "engage"... Each time nothing, will try another TM menu on MFD, then "engage", and nothing until I reboot the system...

I'll get it figured out, and it was WAY better last time using the TM than the first time, and sure 3rd time will be even better ;-) Didn't even check battery usage on last trip ;-)

I plan to take some vids on the next trip of each time dropping the TM so the experts can better see what I am goofing up ;-)

Thanks much

vr
Rogman

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have tried the remote once or twice and have not gotten it to connect with the TM yet... Sure that is something simple like batteries, or plastic tape between the batteries and the connectors... Really haven't fooled around much with that, BUT, will make that a priority before the next trip....

I'll I've done with the MFD is to hit "standby", which disengages the prop, stowed TM, gone to new spot, redeployed TM, hitting either "Anchor Here" or "Anchor Heading" (or whatever it is called ;-)) and then "engage"... Each time nothing, will try another TM menu on MFD, then "engage", and nothing until I reboot the system...

I'll get it figured out, and it was WAY better last time using the TM than the first time, and sure 3rd time will be even better ;-) Didn't even check battery usage on last trip ;-)

I plan to take some vids on the next trip of each time dropping the TM so the experts can better see what I am goofing up ;-)

Thanks much

vr
Rogman
Right on…. I should have said this last post, call your TM‘s help line and talk to one of their tech CSR‘s. I’m sure it’s a simple fix!

You may need to charge the remote as well.

Roger Vrooman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Pulled the remote out yesterday, and it has batteries inside... Figured out there is a two-button "synch" process to get the remote to recognize the Xi5...

IMG_6039.jpg

Also, wanted to give another Shout-Out to Shuttle-Slide... I am still dialing in my mount, and "Russ" has talked me through a lot of adjustment and proper procedures for the SS-7-EXD S.S. mount... The ShuttleSlide customer service, friendliness, and prompt service have been second to none IMHO!!! I will ALWAYS recommend the ShuttleSlide team if anyone ever asks me for a recommendation...

Thanks much

vr
Rogman

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I checked those TM to MK RTA-54 connection, and it looks like there is over 1/4" clearance when stowed and the same (1/4"+) when fully deployed... If you think I need to still trim the bolts, please let me know... I "DID" have to trim the bolts between the inside piece of the RTA-54 and the Shuttleslide bracket to allow the Shuttleslide to slide freely... Those have already been trimmed...
If you've got 1/4'' clearance, then you should be good to go.

It's weird that your L brackets aren't sliding well. Have you sighted the length of the slide's base (with the motor removed) to make sure the slides are completely straight? One of the reasons why I used a thin layer of neoprene between the base and gunwale, is because the gunwale is NOT flat. Therefore, if you tighten down the slide's base to the gunwale, the base will warp. Even with the neoprene, my slide's base isn't perfectly straight... but the motor slides well enough for me.

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think that's a problem with Motorguide's NMEA 2K gateway. I run into that issue every now and then too. When that happens, I have to reboot the Motorguide. I kinda remember reading somewhere that the power-on sequence for the motor and the gateway has to be one before the other, or vice versa. Whichever way it is... Motorguide shouldn't require the motor or the gateway to ever need power cycling. An NMEA 2K device should be powered on once, and should remain on as long as the boat is in operation.

I've thought of assigning one of the ACC buttons at the helm to flip a relay on the 36 V line to the trolling motor... but so far, this issue hasn't bugged me enough.

Meanwhile, my remote always works... so if the NMEA 2K integration goes down, I either reboot the Motorguide or I just rely on the remote until next I deploy the Motorguide.