• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just ordered a 2017 Vortex 2430 VRX

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I used to just put it on the trailer and go on home. I now rinse with fresh water and it's very easy. There's a hose connection right next to the pump
outputs. A good 60-second rinse and you're good.

SilverTT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I used to just put it on the trailer and go on home. I now rinse with fresh water and it's very easy. There's a hose connection right next to the pump
outputs. A good 60-second rinse and you're good.
I am sure the dealer will give me the full run down when I take delivery, but when you say "a good 60-second rinse and your're good" do you mean with the engines running or can you flush using the little fresh water / flush connection with the engines not running?

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I am sure the dealer will give me the full run down when I take delivery, but when you say "a good 60-second rinse and your're good" do you mean with the engines running or can you flush using the little fresh water / flush connection with the engines not running?
You can do it without the engines running, but there will still be water in the exhaust. I do it with the engines off and then turn off the water. I crank the engines for a short time (10-15 seconds) just to blow out the rest of the water.

Make sure you have a dealer that knows about these boats. My dealer that I purchased from "seemed" to know a lot, but after I took it to a different dealer, I realized that they didn't know much at all. I learned more from the 2nd dealer in about 10 minutes than I did after spending a day with the original dealer. These boats are still new to the market and the dealers are still learning. This forum is the best for getting all the information you need.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I second the opinion of @blackhawkpilot on some dealers not being fully up to speed or the person you are working with at the dealership for that matter. Chaparral is a high volume brand with lots of product segments. Jetboats are very new to them. There can also be a decent amount of employee turn over at some dealerships. This forum on the other hand contains a wealth of experience and knowledge with a willingness to help out a fellow boater.

Given what I have learned here I would gladly pay for a membership but alas it is free (until you start spending money on things you never knew you needed or wanted). You may find different opinions but take the aggregate and do what you belive is best for you. Waiting is hard and this site does not help make it easier but you do learn a lot in the mean time.

SilverTT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You can do it without the engines running, but there will still be water in the exhaust. I do it with the engines off and then turn off the water. I crank the engines for a short time (10-15 seconds) just to blow out the rest of the water.
Great, thanks for the follow-up info. Just to be 100% clear, when you say "I crank the engines for a short time (10-15 seconds) are you saying just turn them over without actually starting or just start them up real quick to blow out the water from the exhaust and then turn them off."

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Start them, give them a couple of good revs, then turn them off.

Bret

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello everyone,

Well I pulled the trigger today on a 2017. Just wondering if you guys knew about this model designation and I apologize in advance if it has been discussed already, but before I went to the dealer today I did not. It is not on the regular Chaparral web site either. Apparently this is another version of the 243 VRX called the 2430 and from what I can gather, the biggest thing with the 2430 is that the boat is now offered with a bucket seat for the passenger instead of the one in the boat now with the top part that either folds flat or put up for a passenger. I never really liked the look of the old version so I was very happy to hear that Chaparral has now made it possible to get a passenger bucket seat!

Also for anyone that was wondering, the 2017 Medallion Viper 11 system has a function which will now display lake water temperature as one of its functions. Always thought it was strange that this was not an option on such an expensive boat. I'm still a bit skeptical but my dealer was on the phone with the Chap rep and he confirmed that it does indeed have it so we will see. Also due to the new throttle system the throttle is supposed to be buttery smooth and light which will be a nice change from my Scarab which was always a little bit heavy moving from forward to reverse.

My build is a follows:
Twin 1.5L Rotax 4-Tech 250 ECT
Lime Green Exterior
Folding Arch tower with Black Canvas top
Steering wheel with Medallion Viper 11 control
Medallion Viper 11 7" Color Touchscreen display
Porta pottie with Opening Portlight
Center Aft Cockpit Filler Cushion
Premium Bucket Seat
Premium Beach Weave Snap-in Cockpit Carpet Upgrade
Wetsounds System Stereo Upgrade
Fire Extinguishing System Automatic/Manual
Anchor
Air Pump

Will be trading in my Scarab 215 HO Impulse which I was pretty happy with aside from a few issues, but really wanted more room that the 24 footer will provide. Not to mention the fit and finish of the Chaps is absolutely awesome. Such a beautiful boat and I'm super stoked!!
Gnna be a real long winter!

Oh one more thing, the Chaparral rep said that the boats being ordered now are due for completion in February and I was able to have them put down end of March for an approximated completion date. Maybe this year I'll have to drop in a few times in late April which I've never done before. Oh well, sorry for such a long post.
Hope to give some good reports and take some pics in the spring. Thanks for reading....
Congrats! we pulled the trigger this week too on a VRX except in electric blue. Delivery early April just in time for Midwest breakup lol

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
If you will be using your boat in salt water, it's good to flash the engine after use with fresh water,

Engine Start (water On with in 10sec max)/ for one two minutes/ Water Off (engine Off with in 10 sec max ) in this sequence.

And don't forget this boat will sock up ropes if you don't pay attention, it will cost you $$ plus down time.

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Happened to me on my 3rd day , three weeks in the shop + 1000$ bill thank god I have a good dealer he went after the company,

In the summer it's hard to get parts for this boats everything is on a back order. So be careful out there

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
No matter if you have an inboard, stern drive, outboard or jet boat, running over your towing rope is a no no in boating.
But we pretty much all did it, some learning experience are more expensive than others LOL!

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Happened to me on my 3rd day , three weeks in the shop + 1000$ bill thank god I have a good dealer he went after the company,
3 weeks in the shop AND $1000?!?!?! WOW!!! I don't feel so bad now. At least I was able to get it out on my own. We ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have a rope handler now.

Jet16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Congrats! we pulled the trigger this week too on a VRX except in electric blue. Delivery early April just in time for Midwest breakup lol
Congrats to you too! That electric blue is an awesome color... It was a close second to the lime green we chose. Did you go with the 2430 or the regular 243?

SilverTT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Still have the 2017 2430 VR on order with an expected delivery of early May but have a few questions. And the good news is I was able to go for a demo run in a 243 VRX about a week ago despite the cold weather up here in CT.

Micah already did an incredible job answering my questions on handling and from the short ride I took, I agree with all he has said. The only thing I wasn't 100% impressed with is the feeling of steering at low to mid speeds. An I/O from my experience feels a bit more postive in steering feel.

My only remaining questions are around low water situations:

1. low tide - the water by my dock has about 18" of water at dead low and a really muddy / weed covered floor. I recognize I won't get to use any sort of boat at dead low most likely but I am wondering if an outboard would give me a bit more versatility getting in/out at really low tide.

2. jetdock - the guy selling the jet dock is holding totally firm at $14,500 which seems like a ridiculous amount of money for a floating dock so that essentially makes the VR $15k more than a comparable 24' with outboard

3. handling - I loved the way the VR ran on the demo but it has a different feel to an outboard or stern drive. Just wondering if that will bother me over time. The stern drives / outboards seem to have a more positive tracking feeling under power while turning, etc.

4. resale - maybe the biggest item, if we move or decide we are bored with the pond and want to move to marina I would need a more traditional boat like an outboard. I am afraid I will get crushed on resale given the VR is not popular in northeast and generally still a niche product.

Lots of significant benefits to the VR for sure as well....which is why I am excited about it but just want to talk through those 4 items before I pay the full deposit and the boat goes into the color spray phase next week or so.

Bret

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Congrats to you too! That electric blue is an awesome color... It was a close second to the lime green we chose. Did you go with the 2430 or the regular 243?
We went with the 2430