• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just ordered the "reborn" board rack

WilCo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any chance you've gotten this installed and taken photos? I'm thinking about getting their knee/wakeboard swiveling rack. I'm also intrigued by their tower speakers, but seems a little too good to be true.
On the list. I started the install but couldnt find my Allen wrenches. Out of town this weekend but very soon it will happen.

WilCo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got around to installing Friday. i called support because I was having trouble with the whole device pivoting down once I added weight. They honestly weren't much help, but I think I got it resolved (the pivot arm did not come with instructions so I took my best guess at install). I finally added a split washer (provided with the kit) on the center bolt connecting the pivot arm to the collar of the wakeboard rack (see second photo). That seemed to be the trick.

Took a test run Saturday morning with just the wakeboard loaded and it held fine at 40 mph with some chop on the water.

Pleased with the look and functionality so far. I might further adjust it as it doesn't seem 100% level when I pivoted outside the boat. That's the challenge of mounting to a curved arm.
IMG_6201.JPG IMG_6202.JPG IMG_6208.JPG

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Looks good, other than poor Woody dead in the driveway. :(

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Got around to installing Friday. i called support because I was having trouble with the whole device pivoting down once I added weight. They honestly weren't much help, but I think I got it resolved (the pivot arm did not come with instructions so I took my best guess at install). I finally added a split washer (provided with the kit) on the center bolt connecting the pivot arm to the collar of the wakeboard rack (see second photo). That seemed to be the trick.

Took a test run Saturday morning with just the wakeboard loaded and it held fine at 40 mph with some chop on the water.

Pleased with the look and functionality so far. I might further adjust it as it doesn't seem 100% level when I pivoted outside the boat. That's the challenge of mounting to a curved arm.
View attachment 70276 View attachment 70277 View attachment 70278
Quick question, how does the rack come off? I currently need to take my rack off to get in and out of my garage. Which is not a big deal as on the rack I have now is just one bolt.

WilCo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@SCP1 - to remove the rack, there are only 2 bolts you have to undo. With the rotating arm, I have not needed to take it off to get it in the garage.

Update on quality though - I am getting a replacement rotating arm sent to me as it is not supporting the weight when both boards are loaded. Support had me test again without the rotating arm on (so rack mounted direct to clamp) and I did not have the problem so they believe there is a defect in the rotating arm I received.

I also found it difficult to keep both the wakeboard and kneeboard secure with the included bungee strap. I will research that a bit more and consider buying additional straps.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I also found it difficult to keep both the wakeboard and kneeboard secure with the included bungee strap. I will research that a bit more and consider buying additional straps.
I have a Yamaha rack and I have the same problem with keeping a wakeboard and surf board secure. It seems that you need to have boards that are close in width for the rack to keep both secure.

Last edited by a moderator:

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Anyone know the difference between the Pro and Pro2 reborn rack?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I installed my rack as well, very pleased with the quality. I may go back and add the rotating arm later, depending on how much of a pain it is to get boards on and off on the water. No garage concerns here (unfortunately), so wasn't a pressing issue.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
The only time it really bothers me that mine don't swivel is occasionally during a tie-up. You have to be careful that the boats beside you don't have similar towers or they will bump when traffic passes.

WilCo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am returning the Reborn because the replacement rotating arm did not support the weight of kneeboard and wakeboard without falling. Will be looking for a different brand to replace.

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am returning the Reborn because the replacement rotating arm did not support the weight of kneeboard and wakeboard without falling. Will be looking for a different brand to replace.
How did it not support the weight? Was it rotating or did it actually bend?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a Yamaha rack and I have the same problem with keeping a wakeboard and surf board secure. It seems that you need to have boards that are close in width for the rack to keep both secure.
I had that issue on our previous boat. As soon as you have two different sized boards, like our Surfboard and Wakeboard, the straps did not hold secure. I had a solution I was going to use this spring, but ended up selling the boat prior to testing.

The threaded holes in the end of each finger would be ideal to screw in a long bolt with some tubing over the threads. This bolt could then be used to allow you to run the bungies over one board, back to the screw and then over the second board before securing to the rack. This would effectively put pressure on both boards and not depend on their width.

Obviously without that loop back to the bolt, or tie down point, the wider board would not allow any bungie pressure on the narrower board. I hope that makes sense.

Look at your rack and see if it has the threaded holes in the end of the fingers. I think it will make sense if you imagined something threaded into at least one.

Good luck!

WilCo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The whole arm would rotate down for me. It would hold fine with just one board in, but rotated down with 2 boards.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So am I reading their website right, that they don't make a Wake/Surf rack? Only dual wake, or wake/knee racks? I see their vertical surf racks, but I was thinking a wake/surf combo finger rack and their extended rotating arm might be the right combo for a Yamaha forward swept tower. Unless the extended arm is not needed.

your advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The extended arm is needed if you want to be able to articulate the rack. I tried it with just the swivel mount and due to the angle it doesn't work (horizontal in one position, near vertical in the other).

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the tip, it looked like it needed a vertical location to attach to. I'm disappointed that Origin/Reborn doesn't offer a wake/surf combo finger rack.

They seem to only do Wake or Wake/knee. They offer a surf cradle style rack. And honestly, that would probably work well, as it would not have to swivel when we drove our boat into the lift. Other than the board down the side of the rack would block your vision.

Thanks for the quick reply!