• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just picked up a 2005 SX230 - oil light on I think

Sdrolet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Attachments

Whiskey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I own a 2005 and I just read through your posts on the repair. Great work!

We have the same color and love the boat. We get compliments all the time. These are nice looking boats!

ChrissoSX230HO

Reaction score
St Hubert’s Island, New South Wales, Australia
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello, I have the same exact issue on a 2006 SX230. Have replaced the oil pressure sensor (technically its just a switch according to the manual) I've replaced the air filter, performed and oil and filter change and still runs perfect until it literally hits 5,000rpm exactly. Shut the engine off, light goes away. Start the engine, get up to 5,000rpm and boom, light comes on engine throttles down. Does anyone have a definitive resolution for this?

I also have bought the Yamaha diagnostics software and ECM adapter. Cleared the code, which was nothing informative other than Oil Pressure low.

Should I replace the oil pump at this point or test the oil pressure at or around 5,00rpm?

Thanks in advance,
Scott
Hi Scott,
I'm having problems with my oil warning light coming on intermittently on my 2007 SX230. The light comes on randomly sometimes on the port and then sometimes on the starboard. The lights generally only appear when I first start the boat (not every time however) and doesn't happen at high RPM's.
When the lights come on I turn the engines off, let them sit for a minute or so and then start the engines again. If the light doesn't reappear i can speed up and the engines will run at high speed without a problem.
I've purchased two new oil pressure sensors and have looked at the parts diagram for general location however it seems the area is quite congested with wiring looms etc. You said that you changed your sensors, can you please let me know how you did it and any other helpful hints, photos etc.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm in Australia so there is a bit of a time difference.
Thanks in advance,
Cheers,
Chris