• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just put a deposit on a 2018 AR 210 (Blue Color) Guys!! So excited!

Nick Aulakh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guys I am from Seattle, finally found a blue AR210 I wanted for a long time but was having trouble finding it. Dealer threw in galvanized trailer for free, the freight is $1900 and tax is 8.8%. Not sure if that is similar to what others pay but I am happy.. it is $48825 out the door. I did order a mooring cover and anchor kit separate. It is my first time I will own a Yahama boat.

Can anyone give me tips on how to prevent salt water corrosion inside the boat? (Like when you are drenched in salt water and you go sit on the captain's chair and some folks noticed their captain's chair spring corroding?) This is pacific northwest so I plan to take it on saltwater. Do you spray the saltwater terminator stuff even on your boat electronics (Like fuses)?

Also any advise on how these boats handle shallow water from a debris ingestion standpoint? Will the jets suck up a bunch of sand or rocks from the bottom? What happens in that case?? The clean out ports might be made for things like weeds or plastic bags but what happens in case of a rock?

Many thanks!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
YamaLube everything, all the time. Drown anything metal in it. Flush the motors very well and it will get any sand out of the way. I think you need to be in 2ft or less for this to be an issue though Pretty sure for a rock it could damage the impeller but there is a screen to prevent it going into the motor. Hasn't happened to me yet, but did happen on the jetski and a shell shot through the wear ring. Was about $80 part and 20 minutes of my time to fix. The boat might be more difficult in that regard though.

Nick Aulakh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks man. Do you have the screen part number? Can I find it in Yamaha parts catalogue or is it an aftermarket thing?

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Thanks man. Do you have the screen part number? Can I find it in Yamaha parts catalogue or is it an aftermarket thing?
Its the rectangle thing on the side of the pump. From the way you phrased you question it seems that maybe you misunderstood and thought he was suggesting an upgrade - the screen is already there from factory not something you have to install aftermarket.

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 12.59.29 PM.png

Nick Aulakh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea you are right I misunderstood there. So Yamaha engineers did think of a protection there. I thought it is something I will have to get as an upgrade. Thanks guys! Appreciate it.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Yea you are right I misunderstood there. So Yamaha engineers did think of a protection there. I thought it is something I will have to get as an upgrade. Thanks guys! Appreciate it.
You don't even have the boat yet and you're looking to upgrade welcome to the club brother

Nick Aulakh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh yea I have been planning all kinds of stuff in my head. Boat ships today.. gets here in couple weeks... I got Group 31 Deep Cycle battery on order to get the double battery setup for stereo upgrade soon! lol.:D

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Be sure to get your shipping cover from the dealer, if not for yourself, I am sure someone would appreciate a gift!

The first couple of upgrades I did not regret was the pool noodle in the table posts and retractable tie down straps (Transom and Bow)

Congratulations on your new boat Skipper!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats!l and nice colors!

First mod is to replace the bow roller with a Stoltz so your new gel coat doesn't get scratched and scuffed after the first few outings.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Be sure to get your shipping cover from the dealer, if not for yourself, I am sure someone would appreciate a gift!

The first couple of upgrades I did not regret was the pool noodle in the table posts and retractable tie down straps (Transom and Bow)

Congratulations on your new boat Skipper!

i tried to agree with this post twice but wasn't able..... solid starter items. add to this a set of EZ Locks from @JetBoatPilot for the clean out plugs.... a blowout can ruin more than just your day !

let us know when you have these so we can spend your next allowance...congrats on the boat..and welcome to the group !!!!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Congrats!l and nice colors!

First mod is to replace the bow roller with a Stoltz so your new gel coat doesn't get scratched and scuffed after the first few outings.
THIS!

Just replaced mine and no idea why I didn't do it on day 1. This is the first mod hands down, boat buckles second... if your boat doesn't come with them. Third I would say a set of steering systems. That is a touchy subject here, so just do some research on what is best. I believe one of them is offering a sale right now.

Nick Aulakh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok ordering both EZ locks and will stop by West marine for the Stoltz bow roller. I HAD NO IDEA that the clean out plugs can blow out?? Can that happen? Wow. I will wait on the steering system asssit since I have never even driven a jet boat before and need to first see how it feels stock.

Nick Aulakh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
oh yea and definitely getting the tie downs. that's a definite no brainier. But will first see what the boat comes with, if they are too skinny or a PITA, then I am replacing. Thanks for all the heads up guys! :winkingthumbsup"

Nick Aulakh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Question :- Also.. has anyone ever gotten a full tank of gas when buying a boat from a dealer??? I have never bought a car/truck without a full tank of gas from the dealer.. but that's different. Not sure how boats work. I been planning on guilt tripping the dealer saying it's "bad ju ju" to sell me the boat without a full tank of gas. Chump change on a 50K boat but still... it's 50 freaking gallons lol..

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You won't need EZ locks for your 2018. Different mechanism.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Question :- Also.. has anyone ever gotten a full tank of gas when buying a boat from a dealer??? I have never bought a car/truck without a full tank of gas from the dealer.. but that's different. Not sure how boats work. I been planning on guilt tripping the dealer saying it's "bad ju ju" to sell me the boat without a full tank of gas. Chump change on a 50K boat but still... it's 50 freaking gallons lol..
I got about half a tank.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, that and boat buckles I believe are standard now...

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They now insert with a twist to lock. So there is no blowout possibility. There is a thread around here somewhere on it...