• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just put a deposit on a 2018 AR 210 (Blue Color) Guys!! So excited!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Nick Aulakh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
oh Fuck yea!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Nick Aulakh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I sure plan on it! :happy:

Nick Aulakh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guys so its been like a month almost and the dealer first started on by saying that the "boat is being shipped any day now", then after couple weeks he changed his story to "yamaha delivery trucks are having a series of bad luck and keep breaking down" and now he says "will let you know, should have it soon" which is very generic and doesn't tell me shit, if anything I can tell that the boat is not even shipped yet. I am sitting on bow roller, a group 31 deep cycle battery, boat buckles, suction trash can, rod holders and ofcourse a bunch of HOPE but no boat! Are these boats that much in demand that even getting them from the factory to the dealership is such an issue?? Or should I just go somewhere else? Has anyone experienced an issue like this before?? This is strange! My only concern is that hopefully I don't end up waiting all summer for the boat.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Guess you should buy JL M880 towers while you wait.

Seriously though, does another dealer have the boat you want in stock?

Nick Aulakh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No not this color. The same dealer has the grey one. But I wanted the blue. Damn I never realized it is so difficult to just buy a boat from a dealer. You would think that would be the easiest part.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That sucks man. I'd play a little hardball with them. Find one in a reasonably close distance, and tell them that they agreed to price match with something thrown in (think premium cover or something).

Nick Aulakh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's a good idea! At least I can get a full tank of gas squeezed in. Funny I asked them on the phone when will it ship and they say "no way to tell, we don't know, all up to Yamaha!". I was blown away so my response was "I can track my toothbrush arrival time and date from amazon and you guys can't find status on when a huge truck loaded with brand new boats will ship??". lol. Anyways I am just whining.. hope to have it soon and post pictures of it!!! Hopefully by end of May..!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
That's a good idea! At least I can get a full tank of gas squeezed in. Funny I asked them on the phone when will it ship and they say "no way to tell, we don't know, all up to Yamaha!". I was blown away so my response was "I can track my toothbrush arrival time and date from amazon and you guys can't find status on when a huge truck loaded with brand new boats will ship??". lol. Anyways I am just whining.. hope to have it soon and post pictures of it!!! Hopefully by end of May..!
I would see what another dealer can say about arrival... and then start the battle between dealers. I am not sure what your deal is but a cover and YES could probably be had.

AJR1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I bought a 2017 212x.... There was definitely some similar stuff going on with regard to delivery. The dealer was telling me he could have sold each boat he got form Yamaha three times over. I don't know if I believed him but it definitely took longer than promised to take delivery.... and there were similar stories about trucks breaking down etc... which makes it sound like its a Yamaha dealer inside joke???? Find another dealer and see what you can negotiate. But at the end of the day maybe a gray boat is better than no boat this summer?????

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The dealer I just got mine from had 3 other people seriously looking at the boat I bought. I'm in Colorado and he was pulling boats in from other dealers as far as Arizona and (supposedly) eating the shipping cost since he cannot get boats.

Nick Aulakh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks everyone who wrote on this subject. I am going to patiently wait one more week.. and if things dont change, I found one 400 miles away, I will just drive and ditch this dealer. It's like a standard issue excuse "trucks breaking down"..

Nick Aulakh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
SHE IS HOME GUYS!!! So proud! Look at her... Looks like she wanted to come home!!! Only had to wait 2 months and switch dealers. Previous dealer was nice enough to return me my deposit. Wife and I even built a driveway with gates in the backyard for her. Had to rent a bobcat and annoy the neighbors all weekend with that loud ass thing, re-did the fence posts and made a gate out of a fence panel.. But all worth it!!

Attachments

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congrats on getting the boat! I was like you and was picky about what I wanted and drove 7.5 hours one way to get mine!