• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just Updated From a 1999 LS2000 to a 2016 SX192

WildBillF1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I'm a new guy here, but learned lots of valuable info on this website regarding the SX192 before making the purchase. I love the new boat, Yamaha has made some huge differences over the course of 17 years. I just have 3.6 hours on the new boat, so still a lot to learn. I knew I was going to sacrifice some performance going from 2 jets @ 270hp, to one jet @ 210hp, but wanted a new boat that would fit my standard 2 car garage. That LS2000 was a rocket and handling it through full throttle turns was a lot of fun, in that regard she'll be missed.

For the SX192, I've read the threads addressing heat soak, bigger intercoolers and the ribbon delete. I've got a 4 year Yamaha warranty, so not certain if/when I'll start with the mods. I have already experienced the same thing everyone else did after engine break-in, 42mph @ 7200rpm.

Anyway, a couple of quick questions from the new guy.
1. Since higher octane fuel burns cooler, is there any noticeable performance to be found by using premium?
2. On the LCD screen, is there some kind of trick to get to the "More" section? The owner's manual says to push the M&T buttons simultaneously, but that rarely seems to work.
3. Engine compartment is extremely hotter than I was use to, but water coming out of the pee hole is cool to the touch. No alarm was triggered, do these engines just run that much hotter?

Thanks in advance!

Out with the old...
P1020481.JPG

In with the new...
SX192.jpg

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm a new guy here, but learned lots of valuable info on this website regarding the SX192 before making the purchase. I love the new boat, Yamaha has made some huge differences over the course of 17 years. I just have 3.6 hours on the new boat, so still a lot to learn. I knew I was going to sacrifice some performance going from 2 jets @ 270hp, to one jet @ 210hp, but wanted a new boat that would fit my standard 2 car garage. That LS2000 was a rocket and handling it through full throttle turns was a lot of fun, in that regard she'll be missed.

For the SX192, I've read the threads addressing heat soak, bigger intercoolers and the ribbon delete. I've got a 4 year Yamaha warranty, so not certain if/when I'll start with the mods. I have already experienced the same thing everyone else did after engine break-in, 42mph @ 7200rpm.

Anyway, a couple of quick questions from the new guy.
1. Since higher octane fuel burns cooler, is there any noticeable performance to be found by using premium?
2. On the LCD screen, is there some kind of trick to get to the "More" section? The owner's manual says to push the M&T buttons simultaneously, but that rarely seems to work.
3. Engine compartment is extremely hotter than I was use to, but water coming out of the pee hole is cool to the touch. No alarm was triggered, do these engines just run that much hotter?

Thanks in advance!

Out with the old...
View attachment 40539

In with the new...
View attachment 40540
Congrats on the new boat!!

I believe guys have actually seen best performance out of 87 octane fuel

Yes pressing both buttons simultaneously once the screen prompts you will get you into the "more" section

I've never noticed the engine compartment being hotter than normal, then again I haven't had much reason to open it up after driving

Enjoy!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard and congrats on your new boat. Having upgraded from a LX210 myself I would say that you will find a lot more refinement and reliability while missing some of the performance and handling.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! The 19s are great family boats )We've had 11 on board once and still jumped up on plane and took off across the lake. Best of luck with it!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Higher octane will indeed run ever so slightly cooler.
Upgrade the intercooler if you are concerned.

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome! I just got a SX192 a couple months ago now. Great boat. Where are you boating? May I suggest updating your profile so you're on the user map. I use mine in upstate NY and have no issues with heat soak. The warmest water I've been in so far was 77 degrees F.
Also, not that it would stop many people, the ribbon in the intake is a US Coast Guard mandated regulation, any inboard needs to have the flash protection installed (I don't know how they would enforce the rule) http://wow.uscgaux.info/content.php?unit=070-17-06&category=backfire-flame-control

I still haven't learned how to use my lcd screen (to busy having fun with her) :)

I usually run 91 mid grade, but that's just because my gas stations near me have 91 ethanol free. Personally, I worry more about the long term effects of the ethanol over what octane I put in

Have fun! Great week to get a new boat, just in time for the holiday weekend [flag]

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Welcome! I just got a SX192 a couple months ago now. Great boat. Where are you boating? May I suggest updating your profile so you're on the user map. I use mine in upstate NY and have no issues with heat soak. The warmest water I've been in so far was 77 degrees F.
Also, not that it would stop many people, the ribbon in the intake is a US Coast Guard mandated regulation, any inboard needs to have the flash protection installed (I don't know how they would enforce the rule) http://wow.uscgaux.info/content.php?unit=070-17-06&category=backfire-flame-control

I still haven't learned how to use my lcd screen (to busy having fun with her) :)

I usually run 91 mid grade, but that's just because my gas stations near me have 91 ethanol free. Personally, I worry more about the long term effects of the ethanol over what octane I put in

Have fun! Great week to get a new boat, just in time for the holiday weekend [flag]
Concerning the ribbon, i believe the riva filter (?) is rated as one and should be used in conjunction with the delete.

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Congrats WildBill!

I also just picked up a new SX192 and came from a twin engine 99 Sea Doo Challenger 1800. I agree they have come a long way but some of the speed and handling will be missed. I also had problems with my "more" function on the LCD. I figured it out today though. Being dumb, instead of pressing the m&t together I was pushing and holding them.

WildBillF1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length

Thank you for the info. I'm still getting familiar with the website, but found where to enter my location. I'm on the Colorado River in Bullhead City, AZ. Air temp last weekend was 115 F and water temp was 74 F. This weekend it's supposed to be a little cooler...110 F. :woot:

WildBillF1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Congrats WildBill!

I also just picked up a new SX192 and came from a twin engine 99 Sea Doo Challenger 1800. I agree they have come a long way but some of the speed and handling will be missed. I also had problems with my "more" function on the LCD. I figured it out today though. Being dumb, instead of pressing the m&t together I was pushing and holding them.
Thank you! I think I was also holding the M&T buttons. Didn't see a change when I just pushed them. I'll try again.

JerryG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yep. Push and let go, then scroll as you normally would. Enjoy!

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@WildBillF1 , how is the switch from the LS to the 192 going? Do you feel like you have more space, enough power, etc. What are your latest observations?

WildBillF1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
@WildBillF1 , how is the switch from the LS to the 192 going? Do you feel like you have more space, enough power, etc. What are your latest observations?
The switch is going well and despite the reduction in power, I'm happy with the purchase. Even though they are both Yamaha jet boats, they are completely different. The LS2000 was a hot rod, had a lot of torque and meant to go fast...just a hull, two engines and minimal storage. You know what it's like when you cut the wheel to the left, drop the throttle to the left engine and hammer the throttle on the right? The boat grabs, turns on a dime, then you hammer the left throttle to match the right...everybody is hanging on and grinning from ear to ear. Unfortunately none of that is happening on the 192.

The SX192 has much more attention to detail and more refined. It has much more storage space than the LS2000, and seating for one more person. I had 8 people on board last weekend and still hadn't used all the storage space. I also pulled kids and adults on a tube. It did okay going straight and slight turns, pitching them over the wake, but whipping them around with a high speed 180 isn't happening. I love the low speed handling and docking the 192, the 2000 could sometimes be a pain, especially with river current.

This coming weekend I'll have some wakeboarders, so I'll let you know how that works out.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length