• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Keelguard help

I had a fiberglass repair shop professionally install a full length 22' keel guard (off a 150' roll of the product) on our 2016 242x and to deal with the tight folds at the rear, due to the 2.5 to 3" inch keel molded into the back of the hull, the shop used epoxy to keep it from ungluing or bubbling. Seemed to work pretty good during the last two years we owned the boat.
The shop owner said they used epoxy quite often and have literally installed over a 1000 keel guards over the years using epoxy to enhance the keelguard glue. He said it was actually what the product manufacture recommended on difficult or tricky install areas.
Just something to consider...
Lots of info and opinions on what to use. I’ve already used the contact cement and it seems to be holding. Going to check it in an hour or so to make sure it’s still holding. We’re going on a boating trip tomorrow for the day so hoping all this work holds it. If not, I’m going to have to do a partial removal and try to have new one installed yet before I put it away for winter or in the spring. Thanks for your input.

Back